PDA

View Full Version : 98 GSXR750 help

shep
05-20-2007, 08:22 PM
my buddy has a 98 GSXR and we are having some problems with it. When you do a cold start, it runs fine. After about 20 mins of it running and getting up to temp. it like starts to die and just dies. Now when you go to restart it, it dies again unless you have the throttle up. Even then, it will die again. It also seems to be running pretty hot (temp gauge is broke so we have no way to check heat). That is basically what it is doing. We checked coils, rectafier(spelling?), made sure everything was plugged in with good connections and still nothing. I think it has to do something with the cooling system due to it getting pretty hot so we are going to check water pump and replace thermostat this week. we are stumped otherwise and we have been in contact with prostock and telling them what we are coming up with and they have no idea. Anyone have any idea what else it could be or know someone we could talk to who is into these? If im not misstaken, that year of GSXR750 is a goofy year when it comes to sensors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Shep

MWoods26
05-20-2007, 10:06 PM
98 gsxr 750 are very goofy because it is the first year suzuki went with fuel injection and i dont think thay got all the bugs worked out. i have no idea how to fix it but i was just wanting to know if the fan kicks on. it should kick on at about 225, guess you wouldnt know if its getting that high if the gauge is broke though