PDA

View Full Version : Whose the Best Cellphone Carrier ??

Katmandu
05-21-2007, 04:34 AM
The end of my Cingular contract is coming up and I'm looking around at alternatives. Cingular hasn't been to bad, but they are pricey.

Anyone got T-Mobile or CincyBell ?? :confused:

MrsAPE
05-21-2007, 07:20 AM
We use verizon. Love it. No problems what so ever.

dedpedal
05-21-2007, 07:33 AM
Ive had Verison for a few months now and cant complain much, my nextel wasnt prob;ematic either. I dont know about pricing since I dont pay the bill, its just 20 bucks a month taken from my check.

Black Hole
05-21-2007, 08:40 AM
Other than a phone going bad due to water exposure and a replacement costing me $250, I've been with Verizon for the past 3 years and they have been awesome! :bigthumb

I had Cincinnati Bell and Sprint before that and both sucked.

I do still use Cincinnati Bell for my work phone, but I don't get service half the places around campus. :mad:

Holly
05-21-2007, 08:48 AM
This sure does come up a lot. :lol:

I use Sprint, I have had since 1999 (same phone number, lots of different phones = upgrades). I think they are reasonable, plus I get pretty good reception everywhere I go.

HRSEPWR
05-21-2007, 09:06 AM
I've had verizon for a while now (about 4 years) and love it. I get awesome reception, with almost no dropped calls. The only companies I have delt with before are cincinnati bell and nextel and I prefer verizon... IMO :bigthumb

5.0calypso93lx
05-21-2007, 09:12 AM
From the 3 carriers I have had, I would choose Verizon over all of them. I've had nextel which was absolutely terrible for reception, I now have sprint, decent, but don't get any reception at home. As soon as this contract is up in Feb., I'm going right back to verizon.

bobtsgt
05-21-2007, 09:12 AM
I would say Verizon. Had them before my 2nd round with Nextel and would go back to them. Nextel is nice with the beep beep but I can't even make a call inside my house. I have to go outside by the road to talk. But then again I'm only paying $45 a month for Nextel

331TwistedWedge
05-21-2007, 10:22 AM
STAY AWAY FROM SPRINT ....... HORRIBLE RECEPTION WITH MY RAZOR ......

cstreu1026
05-21-2007, 10:32 AM
I had Verizon and now have both Cingular and Nextel. I have more dropped calls with the Cingular than I ever did with Verizon, but its cheaper for me to go with Cingular since its bundled with my home phone, sat. TV service, and DSL. The Nextel I have is for work. i get NO reception at work but generally speaking its as good or better than my Cingular phone.

TheGirlfriend
05-21-2007, 10:41 AM
I've had T-Mobile for the past 4 years and haven't had any problems other than some reception problems. But if I were to switch, I'd probably go with Verizon.

NA/NOTCH
05-21-2007, 10:54 AM
T-MOBILE HERE

fst 5pto
05-21-2007, 12:53 PM
Ive had sprint for a while now and I like the service a lot...

bestracing
05-21-2007, 12:55 PM
My wife had Cincy Bell and has nothing but problems with the customer service. Plus with phones cutting in and out, no reception in the most busiest areas at times and the old favorite where you call someone and they can hear you but you can't hear them or if they call you thens it's the other way around (cell to land). Had enough of old Bell and if we didn't have a need for a land line I'd cancel that too.

Just got Sprint but it's way too soon to tell anything about it except for them putting services we didn't want on the account and had to call them to get them to turn it off. But it wasn't a big deal to get fixed.

mustangrfast88
05-21-2007, 01:28 PM
i have had cingular for almost 3 years now and no problems it is just cheaper for me to stay cingular since it is a bundle package for me

95redstang
05-21-2007, 03:07 PM
I have Cingular. It's not bad. The reception here in Fairfield isn't that great. I pay about $50 a month for 2 phones. The plan I have usually goes for about $80 a month. Coca-Cola employees get good discounts. So I grabbed a plan before I quit...

WhiteT
05-21-2007, 04:34 PM
I had Nextel, now I use Cincy Bell. Cincy Bell SUCKS!!!!!!! Nextel has better coverage. I heard Verizon is good.

Dirtyd0g
05-21-2007, 08:17 PM
Verizon's new if you make a change to your account you get a 2 year contract policy sucks. Anything you do they want a contract. I get alot of dropped calls from them as well. When my contract is up I am going with sprint or nextel. I have always liked verizon but the coverage area here is not good at all. Sprint/nextel phones work great here. I had cincinnasty smell once for 2 months. They charged me about $500 for roaming an dlong distance that was supposed to be included and it took years to fix it. I no longer do any business with them at all because of the way they handled it.
Alan

Mr.Moontang
05-23-2007, 11:02 PM
I've had T-Mobile for the past 4 years and haven't had any problems other than some reception problems. But if I were to switch, I'd probably go with Verizon.

I have had them all and ive been the most satisfied with my Cingular service...