PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!

OrangeStang04
05-21-2007, 08:45 PM
Ok... SO i have a problem... I need to know how to wire the MSD Digital Window switch into my Nitrous System.... it is the Zex Dry system.

What I know:
Red: To 12v power
Black: To ground
White: To RPM siginal

What I need to know: Which one of these do I use?

Gray:Normally closed; This will remove the ground source at your desired ON rpm range and complete the ground circuit at the set OFF rpm

Yellow: Normally Open; This will provide a ground source at your desired ON rpm range and remove the ground at the set OFF rpm.

I would think that I would have to use the gray wire, becasue it would control when the system is actually activated. If this is right, Would I connect the ground off the ZEX NMU to the gray wire? Also about the activation switch, what do i connect this to?

Thanks for any help that anyone can provide!!

OrangeStang04
05-21-2007, 09:11 PM
New question!

Which coil do I run the White wire to off of the MSD window Switch??

Sorry... can anyone tell I don't really know what to do yet??

Thanks guys!

orangedemon331
05-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Wire up the Red(hotwire) to a 12v sorce, black to a ground, then the Tach wire!! Then use the Yellow wire to ground you Nitrous kit, This means you wire the yellow to the wire that grounds the Zex kit but do not ground these wires just hook them together, this will give you a solid ground for the Zex kit at your desired RPM and will take it away at the off RPM which will shut the Zex kit off!! Hope this helps!!:bigthumb

bobtsgt
05-21-2007, 10:09 PM
just what Ray said. Yellow will complete the circuit to the Zex box. I believe you can tap a coil plug wire for the signal. Just not to the common. I know you can do this on the 05+

PaulFiveOh
05-21-2007, 10:14 PM
Tap the negative (-) side of the coil for signal

Edit: Well for a fox at least. haha. Sorry, didnt quite notice it was an 04