Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Awaken by Drunk Driver's Suicide Attempt this AM [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Awaken by Drunk Driver's Suicide Attempt this AM

Katmandu
05-22-2007, 09:32 AM
Around 0230hrs this AM we hear a horrendous crash directly below our bedroom window. Jump up look out the window and see a car sitting in our flower garden.

LONG story short.....We live on a VERY quite side street with virtually no traffic.
The dude (a next door neighbor) was drunk as a skunk. He skimmed off a power pole in front of my house and up into a wall in our front yard.

http://www.katmanduonline.net/albums/DrunkDriverHitsourRetainingWall/index.html

We learn from his buddy (also a next door neighbor - 4 unit apartment BTW) that he just took him to the local Mental Health crisis center for suicide tenancies.

We figure he was attempting suicide given the fact there where NO skid marks and he made a sharp turn (towards the power pole) right after skimming off a parked Explorer. There are other indicators as well....

Here's the IRONY in all of this mess! My wife just happenes to be the Executive Director of the local Suicide Prevention Coalition!!

Things work in weird ways huh ???? :angel:

bestracing
05-22-2007, 09:57 AM
Thats Crazy, hope he gets the help he needs. Also glad that your house didn't get damaged as well

Katmandu
05-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Thats Crazy, hope he gets the help he needs. Also glad that your house didn't get damaged as wellMe too. It was a REAL close call. :rolleyes:

cin_mustang
05-22-2007, 10:09 PM
holy crap!! Saw that on the news this afternoon. That was your place?? I was trying to figure out were it was, I grew up in Troy and when i see something like that I try to see if I knew who it was. Of course the news left out some of those crucial details!!

Katmandu
05-23-2007, 05:08 AM
holy crap!! Saw that on the news this afternoon. That was your place?? I was trying to figure out were it was, I grew up in Troy and when i see something like that I try to see if I knew who it was. Of course the news left out some of those crucial details!!

Yea, it was my place. :(

Swing on by and check it out before we clean it up. 518 Pennsylvania Ave. We're waiting for the insurance adjuster to come before we do anything with it.

Steve Baker (CH 7 Dayton) was called out and filmed it.

http://www.whiotv.com/print/13363669/detail.html

We're just very thankful that noone was seriously hurt/killed.

PonymanfiveO
05-23-2007, 07:12 AM
maybe it was an angry bengals fan.:dunno:

:lol:

02mingryGT
05-23-2007, 08:34 AM

:lol:

more likely a player. :bigthumb

Katmandu
05-23-2007, 08:44 AM