PDA

View Full Version : How much is Turbo Blue going for right now?

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-23-2007, 10:00 AM
Because i'm seriously thinking about just bumping the hell out of my timing and running race gas since i'm spending $3.70-3.90 for premium already.

95redstang
05-23-2007, 10:08 AM
Because i'm seriously thinking about just bumping the hell out of my timing and running race gas since i'm spending $3.70-3.90 for premium already.

Yeah it looks like once we get my car done I'll be running some of that shit.

Timido
05-23-2007, 10:11 AM
5.49 a gallon same price for a while now. 110 octane leaded race gas even with bumped to hell timing will probably be slower than 87-93 octane uless you have the compression to need it

95redstang
05-23-2007, 10:18 AM
5.49 a gallon same price for a while now. 110 octane leaded race gas even with bumped to hell timing will probably be slower than 87-93 octane uless you have the compression to need it

Hey Tim what is the highest compression you can have and still run pump gas? We picked up my engine Sunday. Dave the builder told us AFR sent him the wrong heads. He wanted the 64cc heads and they sent him 58cc heads. He calculated the compression to be about 11:1 with the 64's....Now he thinks it might be closer to 12:1..I may have that backwwards. Anyway he was saying when I am racing throw in a couple gallons of racing fuel to avoid detonation..But he said pump gas is fine for the street..

mustangrfast88
05-23-2007, 12:39 PM
i ran into the same problem when i bought my pistions i bought them for 64cc heads and they were to be a 11.1 to 1 p[istion but my heads are a 60cc head so my compression went up alittle bit i would say you will be ok and if anything run a bottle of octane boost in the car when you fill it up

331TwistedWedge
05-23-2007, 01:16 PM
i ran into the same problem when i bought my pistions i bought them for 64cc heads and they were to be a 11.1 to 1 p[istion but my heads are a 60cc head so my compression went up alittle bit i would say you will be ok and if anything run a bottle of octane boost in the car when you fill it up

dave (engine builder) said we would be fine with 93 pump gas ... i replied to this because the engine builder said the "octane boost" at the parts stores (advance, autozone, etc. etc) is nothing but crap ... claims it wont give you anything ... just fyi and passing it along ... anyway, i hope were ok with the 12.5:1 compression on 93 octane ... he said the engine quench to the heads wont allow us to detonate (and or slim chance of it) ... he mocked the engine up at least 5 times decking and milling for a zero quench ... only time will tell ....... lol .......

he claims that gas in kentucky is better (a bit of lead (led) *sp versus ohio gas is unleaded), and some type of law they have to monitor octane readings ... he said ohio gas is like a coin flip, you never know what octane you're REALLY getting ........ just info i wanted to share, that i just heard this past sunday ... if im incorrect, sorry :bigthumb

Jeff88coupe
05-23-2007, 08:10 PM
I run my 10.8:1 347 on pump 93 when I drive it on the street and race it N/A. You may be able to get away with running pump 93 if you take a bunch of timing out of it...just don't know till you try it. Only octane boost that I've heard is worth a damm is torco's accelerator.