PDA

View Full Version : Tired of fixing this car

89notch
05-23-2007, 10:55 AM
I swear I'm getting really tired of messing with this damn car. It has been nothing but trouble the last few years and I find myself always working on it. Sometimes I think I should just sell all this shit and build me a fuel injected 67 fastback with a cobra IRS and drive it on sundays and to car shows. This thing eats up so much money and time which I dont have any of. I'm working 3 jobs right now and going to school full time and I'm tired of screwing with it. I really think I'm going to sell the combo out of the car put a GT40p explorer motor in it with a 5 speed and sell the 33 spline rear end and fuel system and put a31 spline traction lock in it with stock fuel lines and cut the cage out of it. I'm just getting really burnt out on this turbo thing its always something little that I'm fixing it never ends. Being at work 90+hours a week and going to class 8+ hours a week doesnt help but damn I remember when it was a stock car with 150 shot running low 12's and it was much more fun than this shit.

END RANT I just needed to vent

Anyone else ever get this burnt out?

Gene
05-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Yes. That's why my 383W is still sitting in your garage. :)

347sc
05-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Thats why Gene has my old 383 in your garage.

You know Im there with you buddy. How long has my car sat? I had all good stuff to put it together but it is just more $$$ when it breaks. I just want fun little ride.

mustangboy
05-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Hell yeah!! After wrecking two of them it gets a little depressing. I had more fun w/ the 13 sec coupe I had than any car I've had in quite some time. It wasn't the fastest but it was reliable and consistent at the track and to top it off it was cheap. In my old age I've come to realize that a cheap slower car that runs everyday is a hell of alot more fun than an expensive one that is always on jack stands.

plated
05-23-2007, 01:26 PM
mine may be up for sale real soon to kelly,i don't even care to drive mine anymore,i have no intrest at all what so ever anymore,the money i get from mine will be going for a big'ol garage if i decide to sell it.you pretty much have to devote your life to it,and i am burnt the fugg out! to. hey we can say "been there done that" i just like watching these certain fucks play catch up after copying everything you do(well in my case anyway)

Sharad
05-23-2007, 02:10 PM
be honest, (and this is not an insult... this is a person on the outside looking in that's thinking about going that route) do you feel like your troubles compounded when you went turbo?

89notch
05-23-2007, 02:12 PM
No just when the car went faster in general not really turbo related

331TwistedWedge
05-23-2007, 02:16 PM
I swear I'm getting really tired of messing with this damn car. It has been nothing but trouble the last few years and I find myself always working on it. Sometimes I think I should just sell all this shit and build me a fuel injected 67 fastback with a cobra IRS and drive it on sundays and to car shows. This thing eats up so much money and time which I dont have any of. I'm working 3 jobs right now and going to school full time and I'm tired of screwing with it. I really think I'm going to sell the combo out of the car put a GT40p explorer motor in it with a 5 speed and sell the 33 spline rear end and fuel system and put a31 spline traction lock in it with stock fuel lines and cut the cage out of it. I'm just getting really burnt out on this turbo thing its always something little that I'm fixing it never ends. Being at work 90+hours a week and going to class 8+ hours a week doesnt help but damn I remember when it was a stock car with 150 shot running low 12's and it was much more fun than this shit.

END RANT I just needed to vent

Anyone else ever get this burnt out?

i feel ya man ... this is why i like windsors (stroked) naturally aspirated ...

Hell yeah!! After wrecking two of them it gets a little depressing. I had more fun w/ the 13 sec coupe I had than any car I've had in quite some time. It wasn't the fastest but it was reliable and consistent at the track and to top it off it was cheap. In my old age I've come to realize that a cheap slower car that runs everyday is a hell of alot more fun than an expensive one that is always on jack stands.

yep, those were the good ole days ... nothing breaks and its easy to launch ~ very consistant!

PonymanfiveO
05-23-2007, 02:17 PM
I dont know how you do it man. 3 jobs and school...no way jose!

Black Hole
05-23-2007, 02:56 PM
No just when the car went faster in general not really turbo related
That's why I love my car. 500 hp, Fast as hell (even though it can't run a number with me driving) and still drives/acts like a stock GT. :bigthumb

Many times I've thought about building a FOX as a track car, but every time I decide not to.:cool1:

dedpedal
05-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Mine stopped being fun when the crank broke and I decided to change its direction. Full cage sucks to see out of (but Ill be alot safer) Manual steering sucks with a spool and no AC bites the big one.

Sharad
05-26-2007, 08:30 PM
manual steering, spool, and no hvac didn't bother me at all, but that's on a car that wasn't my daily driver.

my projects all stopped being fun when my preferences outpaced my wallet!

PaulFiveOh
05-26-2007, 08:58 PM
And then kelly, you have to deal with a noob anoying 18 year old who calls you at least once every other day for a mustang related question and buys $1000 worth of your shit and then leaves it at your house....sweeet. haha.

I feel ya brotha, not to the extent that your feeling it, but I feel ya.

What I do honestly with my pos: I just dont fuck with it for like 2 months, dont even drive it, and then one day when I get motivated, Ill put that clutch in and break something else like my tranny...then not fuck with it for a while...and do it all again.

Edit- Dibs on the Aermotive. :)

noslo50stang
05-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Just step away from it for a year or so..

Thats pretty much what I've done

cstreu1026
05-26-2007, 09:37 PM
I know what you are saying and my car is way slower than what you have. I am trying to decide whether or not I should just sell it and buy a new one. It would sure be nice to have a car that required no attention...and if I hold out a little while I may even be able to step up big time. ;)

NA/NOTCH
05-26-2007, 09:55 PM
NATURALLY ASPIRED IS THE WAY TO GO!

BigBadStang
05-29-2007, 11:45 AM
i know what you are going through...
when i had my 78 mustangII bigblock/C6, tubbed, caged, etc.
when it was mildly built and ran 11.50's it was a blast to race.
then for some stupid reason, i wanted to build it up more.
then it became more of a job than a hobby, and i lost interest and sold it.
so when i get to thinking of how i'm going to finish my 84GT, i keep my ideas "reeled in" by reminding myself of the MustangII.

take a break, or sell it and get something you like thats FUN, and dont get too radical with it.

91lxnos
05-29-2007, 12:20 PM
That's why I sold my chassie (10pt cage gutted int ect.....)and bought a roller with all the creature comforts and went with a Windsor with a small NOS kit just incase My $.02 Chad393....perfect mix of street/strip runs
low 11's N/A and 10's with a small shot of nos COOL