Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Hmmmmmmmmm.....if you build it, they will come.... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmmmmmmm.....if you build it, they will come....

Black Hole
05-24-2007, 10:05 AM
http://www.drivebluegrass.com/facilities/track.html

Closer than Mid-Ohio...:bigthumb

OrangeStang04
05-24-2007, 10:08 AM
HELL YEAH!!!!!

bobtsgt
05-24-2007, 10:13 AM
thats a hell of a location. right between 3 major cities

Gene
05-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Yeah, except it's a Motorsport Country Club, not a race track, so most of us will never be able to afford to run there.

67Terror
05-24-2007, 11:17 AM
damn got my hopes all up

Membership Highlights
Here's a glimpse of the unique features of Team Bluegrass:

Annual Dues: $3,600

Annual Road Course Track Time: Virtually Unlimited

Lifetime Membership

Surviving Spouse Clause

Dependent and Spouse Driving Privileges

Access to "Members-Only" Portion of this Website

Orientation and Certification Classes

Discounts on Pro Shop, Instruction, Driving Schools and Rentals

Free Admission to Spectator Events

looks like it would be fun though

OrangeStang04
05-24-2007, 11:23 AM
Yeah, except it's a Motorsport Country Club, not a race track, so most of us will never be able to afford to run there.

I will when I become a member.... :)

'92Stang
05-24-2007, 11:29 AM
$1,200 gets you an associate membership. With 30 track days for your car, and access to all spectator events:bigthumb

Gene
05-24-2007, 11:30 AM
I will when I become a member.... :)

You already are a "member". :D

Interesting...it's been about a month since I looked at the site, and they've taken away the mention of $10,000+ initiation fees. I wonder what's the deal on that?

At $3600 a year for unlimited track use, depending on the initiation fees, it's becoming a more viable option. I'd consider it.

The only concern I would have is that I would get bored only having one track to run at. One of the things I like about track days is that if you get sick of going to Putnam, you can always do a day at Mid-Ohio. Plus, one of the things that I like about doing track days is going to run where the "big boys" run...Road America, Mid-Ohio, Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen, etc.

OrangeStang04
05-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Anyone up for going down to 'tour' the facility to see what they have to offer?

Gene
05-24-2007, 11:37 AM
Anyone up for going down to 'tour' the facility to see what they have to offer?

From what I've heard, they haven't even broke ground on the facility yet, so I'm guessing you're going to see a lot of green (or maybe brown) fields.

I'm going to be volunteering at the Concours this year, and they say on the website they'll have a tent. I'll wander down and see what they have to say.

OrangeStang04
05-24-2007, 11:40 AM
From what I've heard, they haven't even broke ground on the facility yet, so I'm guessing you're going to see a lot of green (or maybe brown) fields.

I'm going to be volunteering at the Concours this year, and they say on the website they'll have a tent. I'll wander down and see what they have to say.

Yeah I guess that is out of the question...They make it seem like the place is already built or something...

Well I guess I will call about the "Founder's Membership" and see how much that cost... plenty of $$$ I would assume

Gene
05-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Well I guess I will call about the "Founder's Membership" and see how much that cost... plenty of $$$ I would assume

From the old website, IIRC it was about $100k.

"Founder Member" is a euphemism for "Venture Capitalist". :D

OrangeStang04
05-24-2007, 11:48 AM
From the old website, IIRC it was about $100k.

"Founder Member" is a euphemism for "Venture Capitalist". :D

yeah... Screw that noise!!

Black Hole
05-24-2007, 12:41 PM
Yeah.....I've heard 100k for a Founding Membership. 15K for Corporate Membership, $3600 for Team Bluegrass Membership, $1200 for an Associate Membership, etc...

I would assume that the Associat Membership ($100/mo) would be worth it if you ran one event a month.......

Ground Breaking will be this October and they're saying that the first events will happen mid 2008, but I'm thinking more like early 2009 (you know how construction goes around here with our weather. :rolleyes: )

Gene
05-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Yeah.....I've heard 100k for a Founding Membership. 15K for Corporate Membership, $3600 for Team Bluegrass Membership, $1200 for an Associate Membership, etc...

That doesn't take into account the "Initiation Fees"...IIRC, the fee for Team Bluegrass was $25k, and Associate/Motorcycle was $10k. I did note that the website now mentions "pre-construction discounts". I'm curious to find out how much the discount is.

cstreu1026
05-24-2007, 12:54 PM
its a pretty cool idea though.

Evil_Capri
05-24-2007, 02:17 PM
I emailed the President, Brad Poppell regarding membership (associate) as well as a construction related issue. They are going to have a tent at the June 10th Ault Park Concours d'Elegance if anyone wants know more information.