PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Weekend Plans?

Black Hole
05-24-2007, 12:54 PM
As usual, they have rain predicted for Memorial Day Weekend.....there's a shock. :rolleyes:

So what do you have planned? Going out of town? Gettin drunk? Stayin home because of gas prices?

Post it up!

Me...

Friday - Softball game at 6:15...then head to J-Taps Pub & Grill on Glenway to support our team sponsor. :bigthumb :cheers:

Saturday - Sleep in....clean the house up prior to a house party...people start coming after 6, grill out about 7:30 or 8, UFC 71 begins at 10 p.m., continue drinking until everyone leaves (no neighbors = no problems :flipoff: )

Sunday - wakeup, take some Advil and go back to bed.....wake up again at noon, begin cleaning the house from party.....basically lay around all day and probably end up at the In-laws for a grill-out dinner....maybe take the Jeep or the Cobra out for a drive if the weather is nice.

Monday - sleep in and do nothing.

Maybe if I'm bored or something I'll put a coat of wax on the Cobra or build a subwoofer enclosure for the Jeep....

08 Vette
05-24-2007, 01:06 PM
You forgot that your going to the batting Cage on one of them days!

Paul408Notch
05-24-2007, 01:31 PM
I finally got my car running again, so now that I can pull it in and out of the garage on it's own power, I'll probably have to do a bunch of suspension and brake work to my GF's car.

We took Tuesday off too to make it a 4-day weekend, but other than the UFC fight, I don't know if we'll really go anywhere because I can't really afford gas right now.

Foxxx5oh
05-24-2007, 02:59 PM
my son's first birthday is saturday, so the party for him is goin on for me (its in west harrison too)

Mista Bone
05-24-2007, 03:36 PM
I'll be working Sat, and have a transmission coming on Sunday to be worked on, simple 2 hour job I hope.

Monday I'll be grilling and watching both races on TV, while drinking :)

bestracing
05-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Friday, not much, just chill around the house and then off to a car gathering at night

Saturday, Family over for a cookout

Sunday, helping my wife remove the weak railing from our 10 year old deck to save cost on labor for the new deck extension.

Monday - Chill once more

Holly
05-24-2007, 04:43 PM
Friday night, mow grass, my usual.

Saturday morning at 10:30 am, my nephew graduates from Williamsburg High School. Then his big bash is at 2 pm, so I'm going to be with my family most of the day.

Sunday, I'm getting a bottle of wine and I am going to float on a raft in my pool all day, alone.

Monday - I'll probably go jump off the suspension bridge. :( I'm just kidding, but it's going to be a bad day for me, it would have been me and Vinny's first anniversary (we got married on May 28, 2006 in Las Vegas). I think my sister and her two daughters (ages 6 and 8) will be coming down to spend part of the day with me, we'll probably swim and grill out.

Last year at this time, I was the happiest person on this earth. This year, I'm the saddest I have ever been in my life. But I'll get through this. I was kidding about the bridge, I'm not that bad, just a sad weekend for me.

untamed
05-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Holly, Did you say alone cuz you want to be alone or do you want a drinking buddy?:cheers:

Holly
05-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Holly, Did you say alone cuz you want to be alone or do you want a drinking buddy?:cheers:

Actually, Sunday I really want to be alone. We got married on Sunday last year (over this weekend), so I am going to do what I did last year, sit around the pool sunning myself and drinking all day. The only difference will be no wedding and gambling in the evening. :lol:

Thanks though, I appreciate your concern. Sometimes it's better to be alone, I deal with things better when I am by myself.

dedpedal
05-24-2007, 05:20 PM
Got a cook out to attend on one day, then the rest is up in the air. I doubt that I get around to cutting grass with the cost of fuel being so high.

Pops Fun
05-24-2007, 05:23 PM
Hi
No plans, going home friday, maybe the wife has plans for me??

Pops

one90gt
05-24-2007, 06:49 PM
I'm heading to the 500 on sat and comming home sunday. Anybody else going to be up there?