PDA

View Full Version : ufc 71 chuck vs. rampage

BIZLE
05-27-2007, 01:29 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x238u1_chuck-liddell-vs-quinton-jackson-20

Johnson1134
05-27-2007, 01:38 PM
wow!didnt think lidell would loose well quentin(how ever it is spelled) back up his words!

thejock60
05-27-2007, 10:47 PM
i smell another rematch like the coture saga

Silver Bullet
05-28-2007, 01:49 AM
I was hoping for a much longer fight.

venomous_svt
05-28-2007, 11:22 AM
I loved the first fight, the second one was a continuation of rampage beating his ass...loved every second of it....Dan Henderson is gonna be a major factor in UFC, he about knocked Wanderlai Silva's head throught the ring in his last fight...Chuck would be dumb to try again, nothing against him he was a good champion but Rampage has his number and I dont see another fight with him going much different IMO.

Rick93coupe
05-28-2007, 04:11 PM
I don't think chuck will ever beet Jackson in a stand up fight. Someone else will come along and take Jackson out in grappling type environment and then Chuck will have the chance to beat that guy. Jackson just has Chucks # in a boxing match, then again you can always just get lucky.

Brandon Alsept
05-28-2007, 07:31 PM
It will take another striker to beat Rampage someone that can take the punches and get close enough to land a punch. Liddel and Rampage are very very similar in there fighting styles they like to stand up. The only problem with grapplers they can't shoot fast enough to dodge them knocking there ass out with some form of hay maker punch LOL. I really think there will be a rematch and a different outcome:eek: I guess we will see soon enough.

Or make them the coaches for the next ultimate fighter and have a title match for the season finally now that would get ratings like no other show.:cool1:

Walter
05-28-2007, 10:59 PM
It will take another striker to beat Rampage someone that can take the punches and get close enough to land a punch. Liddel and Rampage are very very similar in there fighting styles they like to stand up. The only problem with grapplers they can't shoot fast enough to dodge them knocking there ass out with some form of hay maker punch LOL. I really think there will be a rematch and a different outcome:eek: I guess we will see soon enough.

Or make them the coaches for the next ultimate fighter and have a title match for the season finally now that would get ratings like no other show.:cool1:

Their fighting styles are totally different. Liddel always draws you in and counter punches, sets up a straight right hand with a looping left. Rampage never takes a step back always moving foreward and normally all punches go straight down the pipe.

205 is nasty now. Shogun and Hendo are def great additions. What if Hendo beats Rampage then fights Silva for the 185 belt? Then would would own 4 divisions in 2 organizations!

Brandon Alsept
05-29-2007, 07:04 AM
Yeah I was meaning more of the I will blast your ass if you get close to me. That was what I meant by a striker will be the one to beat rampage. The main difference is Chuck tries to plan it out to get you close enough to knock ya ass out, Rampage is just stupid and not scarred and will go after you.

331TwistedWedge
05-29-2007, 10:25 AM
im mainly a HUGE boxing fan, but have seen a few ufc fights ... the few fights i have seen chuck lidell in (both rampage bouts) he doesnt seem to be all that ... he's a slow white guy, with NO boxing skills (not muscular at all) ~ but yet, he likes to box or called (striking) in the ufc world ... i dont know, just my .02 cents from watching chuck ... maybe its rampage making him look that bad? ... :bigthumb

venomous_svt
05-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Personally they need to leave Pride alone, its great that some of the fighters come over to fight in the UFC. But, Pride has a whole different style that is unique. They are slowly turning the UFC into the WWE...with all the hype and shit talk, and that fucking dana vs tito bullshit its kinda getting retarded. Most bandwagon fans of the ufc in their stupidity just start booing fights when the go to the ground for grappling. You dont see that shit in Pride. Thats what made MMA different, anymore all they do is stand up and bang...hell Karo Paryisan is a Judo world champion and he only did one sweep in 3 rounds of fighting...the rest was standup...:rolleyes:

Chuck is a good fighter in his own right, he looked kinda out of shape...i dont know if anyone else noticed...he usually has a beer gut but it looked kinda worse than usual at the fight. Rampage has flaws in his game also. Wanderlai Silva knocked the shit out of him so did Shogun...Shogun really made him look bad. Chute Boxe is full of badass fighters...Id like to see them handle some people, Look at what Anderson Silva did to Rich Franklin.

Walter
05-29-2007, 03:35 PM
im mainly a HUGE boxing fan, but have seen a few ufc fights ... the few fights i have seen chuck lidell in (both rampage bouts) he doesnt seem to be all that ... he's a slow white guy, with NO boxing skills (not muscular at all) ~ but yet, he likes to box or called (striking) in the ufc world ... i dont know, just my .02 cents from watching chuck ... maybe its rampage making him look that bad? ... :bigthumb

Saying Chuck has NO boxing skills is up for debate. Anyhow he never claimed to be a boxer nor is he portrayed as one. He is a Kenpo practitioner that likes to punch people in the face. Anyhow MMA and boxing is apples and oranges. MMA covers all aspects of fighting unlike boxing. MMA > boxing just my .02.