PDA

View Full Version : IM SCREWED WHY DOES MY CAR HATE ME???

93gtstang
05-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Well a while back some of you may remember that i had a ford racing harmonic balancer and broke it, Well i guess when it did that it bent the crankshaft, i have not been able to keep a belt on the supercharger and i can watch my lower pullie wobble when its idling so i removed the pully to fine the harmonic balancer does it too, remove the balancer and restart guess what CRANK IS BENT, I believe my car hates me cause now i have to take the engine back out and redo the bottom end basically, hopefully craig can hook a brother up. Im done nice way to spend memorial day huh??

wht_stang
05-28-2007, 02:55 PM
man that sucks sorry to hear that

NA/NOTCH
05-28-2007, 10:55 PM
dude that sucks im in the same boat,put all this money in my car,tubular everything up front,coil overs new oil pan,gasket well my rear main decides to take a shit on me so just think of it this way ur not alone:bigthumb

Mista Bone
05-29-2007, 12:20 AM
so did your bent crank break the balancer or did the balancer hurt the crank?

bestracing
05-29-2007, 10:52 AM
so did your bent crank break the balancer or did the balancer hurt the crank?

:eek: Wow a good question!

:D

Seriously, that could be the reason your balancer failed. Hate to hear about anyone having car problems, hope yours works out for the better.

BigBadStang
05-29-2007, 11:11 AM
crank steel or cast?

big power adders + cast cranks = usually running on borrowed time.

sorry to hear of your strife man.

93gtstang
05-29-2007, 06:51 PM
well its a stock crank that i had inspected and turned so i would say that the balancer hurt the crank but i dont know, and at this point it doesnt matter :) cause i have a new balancer and guess im getting a new FORGED CRANK

bestracing
05-30-2007, 07:49 AM
well its a stock crank that i had inspected and turned so i would say that the balancer hurt the crank but i dont know, and at this point it doesnt matter :) cause i have a new balancer and guess im getting a new FORGED CRANK
well I'd have to agree with you on that then, Glad your getting things squared away and will have it up and running again.