PDA

View Full Version : Normal operating temps

SWEET GT
05-29-2007, 07:56 AM
Ok, so the past few weeks some have read about my cooling system woes (radiator hose issues).

I installed a set of Goodyear Hi-Miler and have had no issues and no leaks after getting everything tightened (I also replaced the thermostat while I was at it with a Ford 195 degree thermostat)

Over the weekend I took the car to Lebanon, TN for a show. I got to put about 600 miles on her (first time in years this car has seen that much mileage). I really got to test the cooling system and monitor temp readings.

It was around 90 degrees in TN and sitting in traffic etc, I would hit up around 210 degrees, and fan would kick on...and it wouldnt get much higher. While driving on the freeway..even for extended periods of time I would probably be around 200 or a tiny bit lower than 210 (hard to get exact temp reading on a short sweep autometer).

Do these temps seem ok? Ever since I had my scares with the damn hose popping off, I've been a bit cautious with the cooling system.

bobtsgt
05-29-2007, 08:00 AM
that sounds about normal. Do you have a hand held tuner? If so check to see where your fan temps are coming on/off at. You could always lower it by 5 degrees and see what happens

mustangboy
05-29-2007, 08:30 AM
I cant remember for sure but doesn't your actual temp run about 10deg warmer than what the thermostat rating is. If so you are bout right.

Pops Fun
05-29-2007, 08:31 AM
Hi
Mine runs 190 on highway and 200 city driving. When the air is on it goes higher..

Pops

SWEET GT
05-29-2007, 08:49 AM
thanks guys..figured I was ok..just making sure..and yes I had the air on 95% of the time this weekend..(the girlfriend didnt want her hair getting messed up :))

MADMOD
05-29-2007, 08:52 AM
I am pretty sure the fan is set to kick on at 210 degrees. So everything should be fine