PDA

View Full Version : Home Inspector advice?? Referal?

blackgtstang
05-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Just bought a investment property in Mt Adams. I need it inspected. I usually just do it myself but this deal is alot more money then in the past. Anybody have someone they used that is really good? Knows what they are doing sorta thing, not just somebody that sees a crack or something. Also ballpark cost?

Thanks
Matt

89notch
05-29-2007, 04:04 PM
I have a guy we used he is a structural engineer I will call him and get a price if you want to pm me a number I will have him give you a call

BUHBYY
05-29-2007, 05:50 PM
http://www.vonstein.biz/ he is really good tell him Josh from Lake Bailee sent ya he did my brother in laws house for like 40 or 50 bucks

zippy94
05-29-2007, 08:40 PM
A real good home inspector will cost in the ball park of $350-$500. And ask if they do a inspection with a itemized check list. So they do a very detailed inspection with digital pics, That pics out all the problem areas of the building and makes you aware of potental cost after purchase.

mach_u
05-29-2007, 09:13 PM
http://www.fineganinspectionservices.com/ - They are one of our clients(we do their IT work). Terry is one of the best in the business. He does a lot of high $$$ Indian Hill homes, new construction, etc. Really nice guy too.

DeckerEnt
05-30-2007, 08:22 AM
My house was on the market late last year. I had a lady want to buy and after the contract was signed, she had an inspecter look at my house. This guy scared this lady because I have a slate roof. It cost me the sale. I had to let the lady out of her contract. I am still in my house. Took it off the market a few months ago. Fed up with this market. Slate roofs are 100 year roofs and mine is only 60. Never had a drop of water inside.
Keith

Evil_Capri
05-30-2007, 09:44 AM
Here is a name given to me by my friend/associate . .

robert becker engineering group inc.
"building inspections with confidence"
7373 brookcrest, suite 354
cincinnati, oh 45237
513-351-3355 phone
513-351-3735 fax

contact - Michael M. Montgomery, PE

blackgtstang
05-30-2007, 12:05 PM
Here is a name given to me by my friend/associate . .

robert becker engineering group inc.
"building inspections with confidence"
7373 brookcrest, suite 354
cincinnati, oh 45237
513-351-3355 phone
513-351-3735 fax

contact - Michael M. Montgomery, PE

I have heard of good things of this company and actually the owner of the building now has used him.

Thanks everyone for all the information

higgy87
06-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Hey matt, sorry i'm a lil late but heres what i have...

I used Lighthouse Home Inspections, or something like that. Based out of the Loveland area.

Super nice guy, very thorough, sent me all his findings w/ pics on a pdf. file as well as on paper. All this for around $360...

I've been here for almost 2 years and havent had a thing go wrong yet...well worth the investment!

Good Luck!

-hig

cobrajoe
06-02-2007, 12:27 AM
I would say whoever you go with make sure they are affiliated with one of the governing bodies, Ie: ASHI(American Society Of Home Inspectors), NAHI(National Association of Home Inspectors), CREIA(Certified Real Estate Inspectors Association), Just to name a few of the big ones. I would have offered to do it for you except I am not through with my training yet. Good Luck!!!

P.s.
Ask for references and a example of their report. The check list is good but if a problem is found some inspectors ( and my developing reporting style) go into a separate sheet or what they might call a problem/possible solution page listing what was found and what to possibly do about it.