Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Damn kids, 2 Northwest girls dead...... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Damn kids, 2 Northwest girls dead......

Mista Bone
05-29-2007, 05:40 PM
car wreck on Buell near the bottom by Crest.....another news channel reported the wreck near Pippin, which makes more sense.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=404c9796-2655-476c-96c6-2ae49cf139b7

hell of a way to end the school year.......

pray for their them and their familys......

IWRBB
05-29-2007, 05:59 PM
5 kids in the car, and the driver put it into a tree. It's just a matter of time beofre they limit the number of kids in a car.

When I think back to all the stuff I/we did when I was driving at 16, I'm lucky to be alive.

Mista Bone
05-29-2007, 06:04 PM
If you know the road, it was the straight section, there is a old Ford pickup down in the gully. When I was 17-18 we pulled the "heads" off the flathead motor.

Yes, I've driven that road "fast" it was part of my being chased story.

Looks like the were going downhill and missed the end of the guardrail.

BTW: Tonight is graduation night for NWHS.

Mista Bone
05-29-2007, 10:49 PM
from WCPO

Update @ 8:14 p.m. Tuesday

The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office has released more information about Tuesday's deadly Colerain Township crash which killed two Northwest High School students and injured three of their classmates.

Police say a 16-year-old male driver operating a 1995 Chevy Cavalier lost control of his car in the 3000 block of Buell Road – west of Pippin Road – and went off the side of the road and struck several trees.

The driver and two other male passengers, ages 16 and 14-years-old, were transported to Childrens Hospital.

Police say two 14-year-old female students, who were rear seat passengers, did not survive and were pronounced dead at the scene by the Hamilton County coroner.

Police say alcohol and drugs were not factors in the crash, however, speed may have been a factor.

Police also say both front-seat passengers were wearing seatbelts, but that none of the rear-seat passengers had their seatbelts on.

My son turns 18 in 5 weeks, graduates in 1.5 weeks, yet still hasn't gotten his temp packet.

Also Northwest School district doesn't have bus service at the high school, likely the reason so many were in the car.

FMGT1999
05-30-2007, 03:03 AM
How sad,

My heart goes out to there familys.

Kyle

REDHOTGTGIRL
05-30-2007, 02:57 PM
5 kids in the car, and the driver put it into a tree. It's just a matter of time beofre they limit the number of kids in a car.

When I think back to all the stuff I/we did when I was driving at 16, I'm lucky to be alive.

They actually have already made a law about that. This is from the Enquirer.com:

"In April, a new Ohio law took effect aimed at reducing teen crashes. Ohio drivers under 17 can have only one person who is not a family member in the car unless the driver's parent or guardian is along."

My parents wouldn't let me have anyone in the car besides my younger sister until I was 18. It was a good rule and me being who I was actually obeyed. Once in a while they would make an exception for 1 additional person, usually my best friend.

This is really sad, it's always sad when someone loses their life, especially when so young. My prayers go out to their friends and family.

Mista Bone
05-30-2007, 03:37 PM
I know the road enough from 23 years of driving, you have to be careful going "down" Buell the way they did. It is VERY easy to overdo that corner and get into trouble.

Just found out that one of the girls was a daughter of someone I went to school with, granddaughter of Pat and Ron Mason who live on Chesterhill Drive. Ron's sister Linda lives two doors up from mom, used to play wiffle ball in the their back yard all summer long.

For christs sake I hope they pass the next levy to get bus service back.

When I was in high school we lost Lynn "John Gray" Rolke on Crest Road due to slimy roads near Rumpke, my ex-wife put a car into the ditch due to slimy roads after I was out of high school.

Sharad
05-30-2007, 06:19 PM
that does it. My kids are getting their license as soon as they turn 16 and they'll be driving four cylinder mustangs with 25.2 cages!

quik lx
05-30-2007, 09:55 PM
I agree..no cage...no car!!!!:o

Mista Bone
05-30-2007, 09:57 PM
and 5 point harness, I don't care if they are not DOT legal.

Ryan218
05-30-2007, 10:26 PM
lauren dietz that name rings a bell....i just cant place it......

maybe the first thing im going to invest in is a cage for my vert after paint?

Ryan218
05-30-2007, 10:28 PM

they already did...1 other person who is not related... so i could have my cuzion and one of my buddies in my car...no more then 3 if you under 18 now

Black Hole
05-31-2007, 09:14 AM
Miranda Phelps was my second cousin.....and the little sister of a girl who went to school with my wife.

Sad story, but I heard today that they estimated his speed at 80-90 mph from the 600+ foot long skidmarks....

If my son was the one driving, I don't know if I'd be more upset that he was seriously injured or that he was doing something that dumb that killed two of his friends.... :(

CincySR
05-31-2007, 09:24 AM
Its sad to see this happen specially at grad time. I honest believe that they should make getting your license tougher. I've seen to many young kids driving who honestly shouldn't be. It was cake for me to get my license, but I had technically been driving cars since I was 12 (drove vehicles around at my dad's work when he would work all night). I think they should be more like a racing school and teach kids how to CONTROL the car, not just how to drive.

It is sad to see this happen, when I was in highschool we had a few kids die due to hilljumping on a road that I've travelled at a very high rate of speed and they were only doing 80mph. Not saying I'm better, or was smarter for doing that, but kids are going to do stupid shit no matter what the penalty, so why not teach them to control the car in case of emergencies. I'm not saying to encourage this type of driving but to atleast put them in a situation where the car is out of control and they have to deal with it. I believe they use a car with like shopping cart wheels attached to it that makes the car become out of control at racing schools, maybe they should start doing this for driver's ed.

Mista Bone
05-31-2007, 02:48 PM
Miranda Phelps was my second cousin.....and the little sister of a girl who went to school with my wife.

Sad story, but I heard today that they estimated his speed at 80-90 mph from the 600+ foot long skidmarks....

If my son was the one driving, I don't know if I'd be more upset that he was seriously injured or that he was doing something that dumb that killed two of his friends.... :(

I've yet to go past the accident scene, but no way a Cavailer with 5 people could be doing 80-90 mph thru there. More likely they came around the corner, throttle lifted and the back end got loose, then they fishtailed until they went off road. I thought I'd heard something about a SUV on one of the news reports, but never anything else.

Visitation is tomorrow 4-8pm at Spring Grove Cemetary, then both finerals will be at Daysprings Church, by the Cobblewood/Forest Park Walmart, one at 10am, the over at 4 pm.

PS: I was just as guilty when I was 18. Coming from the water tower on Kemper, I took the first curve at 120 with me + 4 friends in the car, only the front people had seatbelts. Scared me.

MrsAPE
06-01-2007, 07:58 AM
Our daughter knew/knows them all. The boys are from our neighborhood. Truly has rocked this community/school to the core. Kallie (our daughter) has been on us to get her temps so she can start driving. She turns 16 the 10th of this month. She's backed off some now. We have had serious talks about this. I'm putting the picture of the car in her car to remind her that good kids/drivers can make stupid mistakes.

Last update on the boys I have... Chad, the driver is banged up. May need hand surgery to fix his hand. Dustin, the front seat passenger has a broken pelvis and many lacerations. Derek, the other backseat passenger has major lacerations including his kidney and liver. Also broken ribs and vertebrae.

All 5 were good kids. They just made a truly stupid choice. As far as it being a single car accident...more will come out about that. Apparently there were several cars that were 'racing' down the street. One bumped another and Chad lost control. Which explains it better to me. He was not one to just drive like that. Playing around with his friends would make more sense.

Passing the levy will not reinstate the buses to the high school. They were cut a long time ago. They would be the last thing on a really long list to reinstate should we finally get one to pass.

Truly sad.

Black Hole
06-01-2007, 08:53 AM
I've yet to go past the accident scene, but no way a Cavailer with 5 people could be doing 80-90 mph thru there.
I was watching the 5:30 news last night and they corrected themselves.....investigators corrected their claim and said 60-70 mph and 115 foot skid marks instead of the 80-90 mph and the 600' marks.

Here's my fish for listening to the news... :HYF:

tmotorsports
06-01-2007, 09:53 AM
I drive schoolbus for local school system and know alot of teen drivers and being a car guy alot of them like to talk to me.But it just seems that alot of these kids anymore are just not mature enough to be driving cars.They see crazy stuff on TV and the internet and think its real and try stupid stuff.and thats what leads to alot of these senseless acccidents.

qwk93ta
06-01-2007, 12:07 PM
This is very sad......but why are parents letting their 14 year old kids drive with a 16 year old driver???? Young drivers will make mistakes and you don't get a second chance to correct a mistake like this. I wish all the families involved the best.....

Mista Bone
06-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Parents working, kids need a ride home from school since there is no buses.

Matt, even 60-70 mph I still cannot believe, nor can mom. She taught at Ross HS for almost 30 years and would drive up Buell when they were putting storm sewers in on Kemper 34-35 years ago. Yes even she drove it for "fun".......

They had no "reason" to go down Buell, which many never do.

MrsAPE, where abouts are you located? I used to live off Pippin towards John Gray, now down in the same neighborhood. I doubt the levy will pass anyways with the amount of foreclosures going on in the area, people just cannot afford higher gas and taxes.

Black Hole
06-01-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm just reporting what I heard on channel 12 news.....

MrsAPE
06-01-2007, 05:58 PM
MrsAPE, where abouts are you located? I used to live off Pippin towards John Gray, now down in the same neighborhood. I doubt the levy will pass anyways with the amount of foreclosures going on in the area, people just cannot afford higher gas and taxes.

We live in the 'farms'. Being from the area you know where and what that is. :) I think last year you were going to come over for the 4th of July parade but it rained if I remember correctly.

I dont think it will pass either. The area keeping it from passing is Monfort Heights. The other areas pass it. Fixed incomes and such. PTA is trying to get how schools are funded changed. (have the info somewheres) It gives those on fixed incomes and without kids credits or something. I just know we need it to pass so we can keep being the district we are. Just better!!

Mista Bone
06-02-2007, 12:42 AM
PRF, I know the area :)

MrsAPE
06-02-2007, 07:59 AM
PRF, I know the area :)

Yep. :)

MrsAPE
06-04-2007, 08:24 AM
The boys involved in the accident are now all home. They are banged up. Moving slow. But home and on the mend. Just thought I'd let you know.

Mista Bone
06-04-2007, 02:34 PM
Thanks, although banged up they will be "scared" for life, not something I'd wish on the young boys.

MrsAPE
06-04-2007, 03:40 PM
i don't even want to think about the mental part of the healing. the 5 of them have been friends a very long time. the driver was dating one. one of the other boys was dating the other girl. im not sure i could handle it.

Mista Bone
06-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Update from WCPO.com

An arrest has been made in the double-fatal crash that claimed the lives of two Northwest High School students.
16-year-old Chad Robert Metzcar surrendered himself under the guidance of his attorney to the juvenile detention center at 2020 Auburn Ave. Friday Morning.

Metzcar is charged with two counts of Aggravated Vehicular Homicide, two counts of Vehicular Assault , and two counts of Vehicular Manslaughter.

He is being held at 20/20 without bond.

MrsAPE
06-15-2007, 11:08 PM
truly sad all the way around. for all of them.

bestracing
06-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Update from WCPO.com

An arrest has been made in the double-fatal crash that claimed the lives of two Northwest High School students.
16-year-old Chad Robert Metzcar surrendered himself under the guidance of his attorney to the juvenile detention center at 2020 Auburn Ave. Friday Morning.

Metzcar is charged with two counts of Aggravated Vehicular Homicide, two counts of Vehicular Assault , and two counts of Vehicular Manslaughter.

He is being held at 20/20 without bond.

Sounds like the D/A is making an example out of this case.