PDA

View Full Version : F'in broke dipstick tube

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Man, this has to be one of the shittiest things to ever be repaired on any vehicle. It happened to my 'stang shortly after i got it, and now my beater Bronco II has broken. Luckily i scored one from a junkyard for $1.99 and i believe it's a new replacement because it's totally rust free and the paint isn't flaked off.

But DAMN what a pain in the ass to get the broken piece out. It doesn't help that it's a V6 and the driver's side header is right over top of where the tube goes in. I did manage to get it out but busted several knuckles in the process, and of course got covered in oil from wrist to elbow since i've had to drive it for a couple weeks with it broken and bubbling out.

On a brighter note, anyone ever go to that You Pull You Pay junkyard? That place ROCKS. They've got probably close to 500 cars (they claim 1000 but i doubt that). Unfortunately there were only 2 Mustangs there, both were 4 bangers and both were pretty much bare. I did find one Turbo Coupe Tbird but of course, the turbo/intercooler were gone as well as the 3.73/disk brake rear end so SOMEONE must know about that place :D