PDA

View Full Version : Summit race mufflers?

RyanR
05-31-2007, 11:25 PM
Has anyone had any experinces with these mufflers . What do they sound like? Im thinking about buying some and just wanted to hear some input before I buy them.

WhiteT
05-31-2007, 11:58 PM
Has anyone had any experinces with these mufflers . What do they sound like? Im thinking about buying some and just wanted to hear some input before I buy them.

I had 2 of them on my '86 Cutlass w/ sbc. Sounded very good w/ 2" duals. I had alot of people complement me on it. Even was loud enough to piss the bitch off across the street:bigthumb

I highly recommend them for a budget exhaust.

dedpedal
06-01-2007, 07:18 AM
If theyre cheap enough, just buy them. If you dont like them, look around at other cars to see whats out there. I bought my old turbo tubes from Jeggs back in 96 and loved them. I still have them on the car, even tho its got single exhaust now.

Silver Bullet
06-01-2007, 07:57 AM
I have some Dynomax Race Bullets I'll sell ya, too loud for me....

JonS
06-01-2007, 09:23 AM
The force mufflers available from Summit and Jegs are pretty decent and cheap. I think they are copies of the old flowmasters. I think they are $30-$35. I have them on my truck.

Ryan218
06-01-2007, 04:15 PM
I have some Dynomax Race Bullets I'll sell ya, too loud for me....

you still have your cats?

we have the factory h-pipe :eek: with the race bullets still kinda quite but alot louder then the super turbos...

Silver Bullet
06-01-2007, 06:14 PM
you still have your cats?

we have the factory h-pipe :eek: with the race bullets still kinda quite but alot louder then the super turbos...

Nope, 2" headers into 3.5 collectors, 3" X pipe.... into the muffler and 2 ft of straight after the muffler to the axle. Maybe turndowns would make it quieter..