PDA

View Full Version : WOOOOOW! Old guys, dont do this

dedpedal
05-31-2007, 11:30 PM
In view of a long 14+hour day, I decided to hit the local quickie stop for one of these new fangled "energy drinks". Holy sandaled jesus in a motorcycle side car Batman! I was bouncing off the walls for the last 5 hours of work. Im normaly spent by 6 or so. Funny thing is, I ran out of go juice about 10 minutes ago and I can literaly feel my old age creeping back in. Im getting tired by the minute and Tims geritol aint helping. Things are popping and tensing in visible timeframes. Id light a smoke, but it takes too much time away from my thinking process. I think Ill crash hard soon, I have another long day tommorow. It gonna suck but at least Ill have a helper for the day.
Tune in tommorow to see if anything intersting becomes of it.

aperacer
05-31-2007, 11:50 PM
those drinks make my teeth hurt... i mean the feel like i must consumed a bag of sugar.... it was a monster energy drink.. never again.... and i thought mountian dew was bad....

wht_stang
06-01-2007, 12:25 AM
i used to live off monster while working 3rd shift i'd drink 2 of the xxl's a night thats the huge cans

quik lx
06-01-2007, 12:46 AM
Sometimes I am not right without my Monster.....I swear they put crack in there!:eek:

Mista Bone
06-01-2007, 12:47 AM
I'm smart enought NOT to drink one, again.

One trip back from Detroit, I downed the one from Mountain Dew.

I had the caffine and sugar shakes, ended up triggering a panic attack. But I couldn't sleep due to the chemicals in my blood which made the attack last ALOT longer.

I'll stick with beer, maybe a shot every now and then.

mach_u
06-01-2007, 08:52 AM
those drinks make my teeth hurt... i mean the feel like i must consumed a bag of sugar.... it was a monster energy drink.. never again.... and i thought mountian dew was bad....
Try the sugar free(blue) Monster. Joe is right - I swear they put crack in those things! I used to do one a day(bought them by the case) until I started getting chest pains. :jawdrop: Now it's just once or twice a week. I really should give them up completely but they are just so damn good! :bigthumb

MrsAPE
06-01-2007, 09:18 AM
When I do drink them, I do the sugar free ones. I'm sweet enough on my own!! ;)

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-01-2007, 09:37 AM
Hell i take baths in Rockstar....i've all but replaced water completely with it, it's just too expensive to use to flush the shitter with.

Then again, i don't drink coffee, and i only drink one 16oz can a day. I'm also pretty much immune to caffeine. I figure at least it has vitamins and herbal content, whereas coffee doesn't.

Black Horse
06-01-2007, 10:03 AM
For some reason they don't do anything for this old man. I can drink a 6-pack of Dew and still sleep like a baby.

Gene
06-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Hell i take baths in Rockstar....i've all but replaced water completely with it, it's just too expensive to use to flush the shitter with.

Then again, i don't drink coffee, and i only drink one 16oz can a day. I'm also pretty much immune to caffeine. I figure at least it has vitamins and herbal content, whereas coffee doesn't.

Man, take a look at the amount of carbs in those things though. Coffee is MUCH better for you (assuming you drink it black).

If your going to drink energy drinks, drink the sugar free ones.

08 Vette
06-01-2007, 11:06 AM
If you guys would get in shape, you wouldn't need to drink that crap! :tongue2: :redx2:

Ryan218
06-01-2007, 11:44 AM
try Redline....im pretty sure its now prohibited in ohio now though

Jrcmutang
06-01-2007, 11:57 AM
man, that cocain energy drink tastes like your drinkin hot talmalies

mustangboy
06-01-2007, 01:13 PM
I've never had one of any kind:)

DeckerEnt
06-01-2007, 02:49 PM
I live on 44 oz. Mountain Dew from Speedway. With the weather this hot outside, I alternate with water but I have bought 4-5 a day. Helps that this month, fountain drinks are 79 cents.
Never tried an energy drink. Is it just the caffine or is there other stuff in them?
Keith

JonS
06-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Monster has to contain crack, how else could they get me to pay $2 for a drink that tastes like a tin can?

MrsAPE
06-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Monster has to contain crack, how else could they get me to pay $2 for a drink that tastes like a tin can?

:rofl: so true!!!!

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Man, take a look at the amount of carbs in those things though. Coffee is MUCH better for you (assuming you drink it black).

If your going to drink energy drinks, drink the sugar free ones.

I generally do drink the carb free Rockstar when it's available but not everyone sells it. Plus, it's still better than drinking a bunch of Mt. Dew, and all i drink aside from the Rockstar for breakfast is diet sodas so i can probably afford the carbs.

Hell, i've lost almost 35lbs since new years and all i've done is switch to diet drinks.

snotzs135
06-01-2007, 10:16 PM
man i have pounded two of the rock stars before and still been asleep in less then half hour and sleep allnight they don't really do whole lot for me:cool1:

MrsAPE
06-01-2007, 10:18 PM
man i have pounded two of the rock stars before and still been asleep in less then half hour and sleep allnight they don't really do whole lot for me:cool1:

Tiny, you could sleep through anything but food time. :D

Your loving sister (inlaw)

snotzs135
06-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Tiny, you could sleep through anything but food time.

Your loving sister (inlaw)

what are you trying to say????:angel:

MrsAPE
06-02-2007, 08:00 AM
they didn't call you 'coma boy' for nothing!! ;)

93 notch
06-02-2007, 10:19 AM
try some SPARKS . beer with an energy suppliment

Timido
06-02-2007, 10:31 AM
They used to sell drinks called Whop Ass. Knock back 2 of those and the hair will stand up on your arms and you would be able to take on anyone.

http://www.bevnet.com/images/reviews/whoop_ass/whoopass.jpg

Mista Bone
06-02-2007, 12:18 PM
they still sell it, Jungle Jim's carried it last time I was looking for Bawls.

http://www.bawls.com/guarana.jpg

95vertstang
06-02-2007, 05:22 PM
last summer i drank those moster drinks religously till i realized i was spending over 50 bucks a week on that shit and and dont forget about the warning on the side of the can telling you to consume responsibly only drink 2 or 3 a day but i found a new drink its the ice coffee things from brueggers those things get me bouncing up and down

dedpedal
06-06-2007, 07:45 AM
I can safely say thathe only thing getting me through these 13+ hour days is chugging a 24 oz AMP about 4 o'clock. It gets me back to an awake frame of mind for a few hours.

'92Stang
06-06-2007, 09:10 AM
try some SPARKS . beer with an energy suppliment

:agree: , That stuffs great:bigthumb Tastes like orange crush

jeremy23
06-06-2007, 11:12 AM
I dont think I have drank anything without caffeine in it in about a year. I usually go through at least 4 cans of Dew a day on top of whatever energy drink I have, pretty much drink those for the taste now especially Sobe No Fear and Xyience. Is going through a case (read 12) of the 16oz. cans of Sobe a week a bad thing LOL. I can already hear my kidneys screaming, just wish I could get some of the beneficial affects from these things anymore.

95redstang
06-06-2007, 11:53 AM
man, that cocain energy drink tastes like your drinkin hot talmalies

A kid in my Buss. Law class had one of those. I had no idea what it was. I tried a few of the Rockstars when I worked at Coke but didn't car much for them. They use to have KMX that was ok. I think that was one of the very first energy drinks..Now everybody has them..

95redstang
06-06-2007, 11:55 AM
I dont think I have drank anything without caffeine in it in about a year. I usually go through at least 4 cans of Dew a day on top of whatever energy drink I have, pretty much drink those for the taste now especially Sobe No Fear and Xyience. Is going through a case (read 12) of the 16oz. cans of Sobe a week a bad thing LOL. I can already hear my kidneys screaming, just wish I could get some of the beneficial affects from these things anymore.

You might want to be careful with all the caffeine...That shit catches up with your kidneys..Next thing you know you will be pissing jagged little bb's..:lol:

jaystang44
06-06-2007, 11:13 PM
I havent seen any posts about REDBULL come on it gives you wings :angel: you cant beat that. I love the stuff but the cans are too small to keep buying even with a special deal i can get from someone I know that bartends.

mosters are alright too had one this morning before landscaping redbulls are better though.

dedpedal
06-06-2007, 11:15 PM
I dont know about Red Bull, but Mt Dew AMP gives me wood. I feel like a chipmunk on crack!