PDA

View Full Version : Edgewater Sucks!

satan jamez
06-02-2007, 07:13 AM
I know that place is known for it's lack of traction but wow!! Running 2.3-2.4 60' times with 275/50/15 drag radials is retarted. I'm not the best driver for sure but i've raced a few time if you know what I mean. I never once floored the car in 1st gear or that was it. I'm ranting because this was going to be a base line run, so when I replaced the heads and intake i'll get a better idea of how it improved. Oh well, the car comes apart tomorrow regardless.

Rustanggt98
06-02-2007, 09:11 AM
there is a lot more to 60' footing besides bolting drag radials on and not doing any other suspension work

08 Vette
06-02-2007, 09:30 AM
there is a lot more to 60' footing besides bolting drag radials on and not doing any other suspension work

Very true! Seat time is pricless! However, My 60' times are always the worst at Edgewater.

331TwistedWedge
06-02-2007, 09:58 AM
I know that place is known for it's lack of traction but wow!! Running 2.3-2.4 60' times with 275/50/15 drag radials is retarted. I'm not the best driver for sure but i've raced a few time if you know what I mean. I never once floored the car in 1st gear or that was it. I'm ranting because this was going to be a base line run, so when I replaced the heads and intake i'll get a better idea of how it improved. Oh well, the car comes apart tomorrow regardless.

Yes E20 sucks, but running 2.3-2.4 60's are bad ... do you have uppers, lowers, adjustable rear shocks, 90/10's, coil overs or drag springs, subframes AND SOME WEIGHT IN THE TRUNK? ... i found out last night how important some weight is, in the rear ... 100lbs (sand) was a night and day difference ... there are many people that dont tell you they are running some weight in the rear, thats how front wheels are being pulled ...

i would definitely look into a pure slick or et street - drag radials wont get you the best 60ft (especially with a stick) at E20 or Tri-Bumps ...

WhiteT
06-02-2007, 10:13 AM
I had a few high 1.4's and low 1.5's last night. You might have other issues than the track.

qwk93ta
06-02-2007, 10:18 AM
I have always had better 60' times at Tri-State, Edgewater never seems to prep the track for Friday nights.

Silver Bullet
06-02-2007, 10:21 AM
I used to be able to pull 1.9 60's on a BF Goodrich Comp T/A and a 5 speed at Edgewater.

Get a little more seat time as advised above, it will come sooner or later.

Good luck

Maximus
06-02-2007, 10:48 AM
I had a few high 1.4's and low 1.5's last night. You might have other issues than the track.

What did you get the White Beast down to???

strokercobra
06-02-2007, 11:47 AM
[QUOTE=satan jamez;274481]I know that place is known for it's lack of traction but wow!! Running 2.3-2.4 60' times with 275/50/15 drag radials is retarted. QUOTE]

Retarded - slow or backward in mental or emotional development or in academic achievement (Websters).

There are only three words that you are not permitted to mis-spell on this site; Dumb, stupid, retarded. ;)

JFWY

kennebellcobra
06-02-2007, 12:39 PM
I'll agree that e2o does suck on Fridays. I have had 1.4's my last 12 passes at Tri-state went to e2o and was pulling 1.6's but you should be able to get better than 2.3-2.4. I did get 2.2 on regular street tires at e2o on a Friday.

WhiteT
06-02-2007, 12:44 PM
What did you get the White Beast down to???
Last night I did a 10.3 and a 10.4. Still waiting to turn it up:) Had some wbo2 issues and decided not to risk it. I keep using up widebands like they are going out of style. I have it mounted about 18" from the turbo and still keep destroying them.

PKFIRE
06-02-2007, 12:50 PM
Last night I did a 10.3 and a 10.4. Still waiting to turn it up:) Had some wbo2 issues and decided not to risk it. I keep using up widebands like they are going out of style. I have it mounted about 18" from the turbo and still keep destroying them.

You got a nice slingshot car! It seems as you drop a second off each year. Do I see 9's in your future?

Congrats!

Brandon Alsept
06-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Maybe Tri-State's 60' clocks are about 5" back LOL. I have always had my best 60's at edgewater and my best ETs.

wht_stang
06-02-2007, 02:08 PM
edgewater is ok if you have slicks but seems if you don't they put you out of the groove i don't know why or do i care i just stick to tri-state even with the little hp i have i still spin off the line at edgewater but at tri-state i can mash the pedel to the floor and no spin

satan jamez
06-02-2007, 02:16 PM
How is it that if i'm on the street rolling at 5 mph and floor it I will not spin the tires at all. But at Edgewater i'll slip the clutch some and launch anywhere from idle to 3,500rpm and it spins like crazy. Now, back when I used the stock size tires I could not hook on the street at all, 1st or 2nd. I have no doubt the car has much more in it than I have as a driver. However I hooked better last year on street tires than I did last night on drag radials. Regardless, i'll take the advice and get more seat time :bigthumb

Thanks for the help,
Bob

WhiteT
06-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Were you running with the cars with slicks or street tire cars? I think they let dr cars run with the slick cars. That way you could line up in the groove wht stang said.

PKfire, Hopefully I will get that 9 soon:D

satan jamez
06-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Were you running with the cars with slicks or street tire cars? I think they let dr cars run with the slick cars. That way you could line up in the groove wht stang said.

I was running with the street tire guys :( Whoops

331TwistedWedge
06-02-2007, 04:11 PM
How is it that if i'm on the street rolling at 5 mph and floor it I will not spin the tires at all. But at Edgewater i'll slip the clutch some and launch anywhere from idle to 3,500rpm and it spins like crazy. Now, back when I used the stock size tires I could not hook on the street at all, 1st or 2nd. I have no doubt the car has much more in it than I have as a driver. However I hooked better last year on street tires than I did last night on drag radials. Regardless, i'll take the advice and get more seat time :bigthumb

Thanks for the help,
Bob

you will get it nailed ... i have spent the last 2-3 months playing around with different suspensions and i think i have it nailed ... hang in there :bigthumb

ok that was you last night in the white turbo car ... that car is sweet, sounds really nice whoooooooooooosh ... :bigthumb

Mista Bone
06-02-2007, 06:52 PM
satan jamez, I have one suggestion........

Be act the next UMTR event on a Saturday night......

What psi did you have in the DR's? did you try different pressures after they warmed up? How many passes did you get in?

UMTR you get a min. of 4 for your $20, 3 time plus first round of brackets. If you do good you change win back your money, do great and cracker shop owner with even give you a gift card.

331TwistedWedge
06-03-2007, 12:28 AM
i agree with "Bone" ... they prep the track nice for the saturday bracket races / UMTR events ... you should hook ...

Mista Bone
06-03-2007, 01:35 AM
I just wonder how much more it would cost for them to do the track prep on T&T nights. Heck at Tristate the heavy lady that was running the tree wiped up a little oil, then gave the line a quick shot of traction additive.

1.816 60 foot that pass from a FWD.....and a melted piston :(

WhiteT
06-04-2007, 12:00 AM
I just got back from Norwalk.......My view:

E20 does "prep" the track on Friday. Heck I saw them spray to the 1/8th mile. It's the other things (whatever they are) that make it hook.

Norwalk's people are amazing! It rained hard for about 90 minutes. They had that track dried and hooking in 2 hours after the rain stopped. I had a 1.43 60' (which is my best to date on my junk suspension) and was one of the 1st to run after the rain. That is one hooking tracking. I cann't wait to go back!!

Mista Bone
06-04-2007, 01:21 AM
DSM and Honda guys call Norwalk and Route 66 axlebreakers for a reason, well prepped, Milan is about the same way.

I've never seen Edgewater scrap. I have them them spray for Gary a few years ago.....only went out about 60 foot.

I wish they would get away from the two groove deal, it was fine for the past 30 years before they started doing it.