PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii

Paul408Notch
06-02-2007, 05:31 PM
So my girlfriend got up super early to wait in line one Sunday morning and bought me a Nintendo Wii for Christmas. I wasn't sure how much I would like it or not, but this is the most fun I've ever had playing video games.

Not only is it super addicting, but it makes for an awesome party game. Everybody that comes over wants to try it, so they end up running around the living room swinging their arms everywhere, and just laughing their asses off.

So far there are only about 20-30 games out for it, but of the 7 I have, 4 are excellent, and 2 are so-so, and I just picked Mario Party 8 today. The new Zelda game is definitely the best game for the system, and I usually hate RPGs. It's a huge game too. I have about 13 hours in it so far, and I don't even have 1/3 of the map uncovered yet.

Rayman Raving Rabbids is hilarious, and never gets old. You have to play all of these little mini games to earn your freedom from the rabbid rabbits (rabbids.) I finished the story part of the game a long time ago, but still play it a few times a week. it's awesome.

The game the system comes with is Wii sports. You play Tennis, Baseball, Bowling, Golf, and Boxing. It's really just to get you used to the controllers and how they work, but it's really fun. This is the game that will make your friends look the stupidest, and it's free.

So yeah, if you can luck out and find one somewhere, it's well worth the $249 bucks. It's not a graphics powerhouse like an XBox360 or PS3, but it's every bit as fun, if not more.

I give it a 9 out of 10 just because the graphics could be a little better, but overall it's awesome.

93hulk
06-02-2007, 05:54 PM
I just got a Wii for my birthday from my wife and I love it. I got Zelda for it but havent got to play it to much. It starts out kinda slow. But it is getting better the farther I get. I think the Wii is the best game system i have ever had. You dont feel like a lazy ass playing it. I highly suggest a Wii if you are looking for a gaming system. Its still hard to find but most places are giving out tickets on Sunday mornings to get one still.

93blacktruck
06-02-2007, 05:59 PM
I just got one last week and the wife and i love it

wht_stang
06-02-2007, 06:25 PM
i dont know if i'd like it or not im a big 360 fan and im a heavy player and i know i couldnt play the wii for very long my arm would get tired long before i'd be ready to stop playing

bobtsgt
06-02-2007, 09:19 PM
we are playing it down here in Florida and love it. Tiger Woods golf is fun and so is NFS Carbon. Barnyard is about retarded. Also rented Call of Duty3 but haven't played it yet. The Wii game that comes with it is fun. There is also a Wii sport CD I think that is pretty fun too. It has ping pong and pool on it. I want to try a fishing game and Madden to see how it plays.

Johnson1134
06-02-2007, 09:23 PM
i am thinking about getting one?was wondering if they was any fun?ill be trying one with my new 50" toshiba!

'92Stang
06-02-2007, 11:52 PM
we are playing it down here in Florida and love it. Tiger Woods golf is fun and so is NFS Carbon. Barnyard is about retarded. Also rented Call of Duty3 but haven't played it yet. The Wii game that comes with it is fun. There is also a Wii sport CD I think that is pretty fun too. It has ping pong and pool on it. I want to try a fishing game and Madden to see how it plays.

C'mon Bob. Tell me your not sitting in a hotel room playing video games, while on vacation in Florida. Is there a hurricane, or tropical storm????:dummy: . jfwy Have a good time:D

bobtsgt
06-03-2007, 02:36 PM
C'mon Bob. Tell me your not sitting in a hotel room playing video games, while on vacation in Florida. Is there a hurricane, or tropical storm????:dummy: . jfwy Have a good time:D

AJ and I get tired of the sun fast so we rely on the Wii and our lap tops to get us by while the girls lay at the pool

89notch
06-03-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm going to have to pick one of these up

mach_u
06-03-2007, 10:08 PM
AJ and I get tired of the sun fast so we rely on the Wii and our lap tops to get us by while the girls lay at the pool
Yup! I am hooked on Tiger Woods golf. I am definitely going to have to buy one of these suckers when I get home. :bigthumb

bobtsgt
06-03-2007, 10:30 PM
yeah. the ladies are doin good

MrsAPE
06-04-2007, 08:27 AM
My kids want one. May have to think about it. I said may!! Sounds like fun. But I think your crazy being inside while in florida playing games!! I'd be with the girls...getting tans!!

BUHBYY
06-04-2007, 12:30 PM
we have had one for a while now and only have a couple of games and gets used way more than the x-box 360 , hell the sports game that comes with it
keeps me entertained to this day , and I am 30 years old I have to ask my 7 year old if we can play , made the mistake and installed in his room :lol: