PDA

View Full Version : Street Tires

willyd
06-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Amy recommendations on brand and model of street tire (stock pony wheels)?
I currently have P225/55R16. I am looking for a good comfortable ride.

Thanks

Katmandu
06-02-2007, 11:48 PM
Amy recommendations on brand and model of street tire (stock pony wheels)?
I currently have P225/55R16. I am looking for a good comfortable ride.

ThanksWelcome to Stangbangerz! :bigthumb

Tell us more about your ride. Year, model, mods, driving style etc...

Someone will stop in shortly and give you great advice! :cool2:

willyd
06-03-2007, 08:33 AM
1992 LX 5.0 - automatic - all original except for K&N. Just a weekend driver. Recently purchased from:

winner70ta - car picture posted this website on 5/7/07 under cars for sale.

Thanks

Mista Bone
06-03-2007, 02:25 PM
I know the "hot" tire that was cheap and alot he used at the drag strip were the Futura's from Pep Boys.

Also look into some Coopers from Bob Sumeral. My "packet" is out in the car but great dry/wet traction and VERY quiet. I purchased mine bad in Feb. for the Honda HB, they are now on my 4 dr Civic. On the highway my car is quieter with less tire noise than mom's Buick Regal. I happened to be wearing my Cincy Speed Shirt (did it help?) and got the biggest discount he could. It was right after the snow, in-out in under a hour!

4 185/65/14's M&B plus road hazard for $283 w/tax. Road hazard was knocked down from $10 a tire to $6 a tire. When the first car was wrecked with only 9500 miles on the tires, they transferred everything to the newer car.

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-03-2007, 03:32 PM
I know the "hot" tire that was cheap and alot he used at the drag strip were the Futura's from Pep Boys.

I've used those on 10 holes a couple times, also on another set of Welds i had, and they actually did hook pretty well for being street tires, and they take a lot of burnouts before they go bald. Also they were the cheapest 265/50 around which is a good size for 15s. I'm not sure about 16s but i'm sure they have an equivalent.