PDA

View Full Version : rpm outlet sux!!!

NITRYDER
06-03-2007, 08:08 AM
Ordered bbk valve covers from these jerk-offs and they never told me they were on back order and they have been for awhile, tried calling and emailing and they have never returned my calls or my emails!! This is the worst parts place I have ever had dealings with!! BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IWRBB
06-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Yea, they do suck.

strokercobra
06-03-2007, 10:16 AM
I'm glad you posted this thread. I've been ordering from the RPM outlet quite a bit and never had a problem. I guess the shit I was ordering was always in stock. The prices are pretty good, but I'll have to look at some other vendors. Thanks.

IWRBB
06-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Yea, you got lucky.

They sell lots of parts for 03/04 Cobras and there's always people bitching about them on the 03/04 boards. Nobody who has been around the block orders from them. Lots of their parts are sub-par copies of the good stuff anyways.

NITRYDER
06-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Usually I try to use jegs but I have been dealing with a new company modular mustang racing out of california, those guys are awesome to deal with!! I wouldnt be so pissed if they would just call me back.

Mista Bone
06-03-2007, 02:17 PM
I can't remember the last time I ordered from Jegs, have never ordered from Summit.

Thanks Cracker :)

bobtsgt
06-03-2007, 02:34 PM
screw RPM outlet. best prices aren't everything. customer service is where its at

YouGotJunk
06-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Jegs is awesome...might pay a dollar more but it's here the next day and you can sit on your couch and order it!!

NITRYDER
06-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Very true about jegs and if something is on back order they will let you know before you pay for it, on these valve covers it said they were out of stock on the website, rpm didnt even let me know about it, i had to make ten phone calls to find out my parts were not in stock.

Katmandu
06-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Ordered bbk valve covers from these jerk-offs and they never told me they were on back order and they have been for awhile, tried calling and emailing and they have never returned my calls or my emails!! This is the worst parts place I have ever had dealings with!! BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!That's their MO.

RPM Outlet is very well KNOWN for BAD customer service!!

Spread the word!:mad:

Blacksunshine
06-03-2007, 05:27 PM
I never have used them. I stick with my local guy.... He's here for us not to mention it's kind of cool when you can say " Yea I know they owner , he's cool"

Cincy Speed.. Ask for Craig

NXcoupe
06-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Yeah, stick with the local guys, why spend your money out of town when you can get the same thing, for the same price? Most of us can have it shipped to your door as well. I guess some people just can't get away from the mail order mind set. nothing wrong with it, just sends your money out of the area, both ways you get the same part.

jeremy23
06-03-2007, 10:15 PM
If your still looking for valve covers check out Team Breed http://www.bullittmansparts.com/TB-index.htm , more expensive but very nice pieces. As far as the customer service goes, I have always stuck with Jegs, next day delivery and never had a problem returning anything if it was right.

joemamma
06-03-2007, 10:37 PM
I won't order anything from Jeg's anymore after my helmet debacle. I bought a helmet and after it week I was told it was on back order. I finally got it 10 weeks later when I was told it was in stock. I mean damn at one point I was so pissed I was at the Indy Nationals and I was trying to steal Coughlin's helmet from his pit. joke.

NITRYDER
06-03-2007, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I see some of you have had the same issues as I have, it was alot easier getting fox body parts than modular stuff!!

Rustanggt98
06-03-2007, 11:00 PM
www.modulardepot.com we can get damn near anything you need for a modular. and if we can't get it i'm sure craig can, regardless of if you choose us or craig or guy X, keeping your business local, helps everyone in the long run. :bigthumb

Mista Bone
06-04-2007, 01:26 AM
Also on a average order, by the time you pay the (HOLY SHIT $11) for the free shipping, Craigs price is about the same.

Only difference is the UPS guy doesn't bring it to your do, you have to go visit, end up staying a BS'ing a bit, meet someone new, maybe get a few ideas. UPS or Jegs gonna do that for you?

Craig, how long ago was it you were over on Sharon Road......back when I owned a Mustang II?

IWRBB
06-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Also on a average order, by the time you pay the (HOLY SHIT $11) for the free shipping, Craigs price is about the same.

Only difference is the UPS guy doesn't bring it to your do, you have to go visit, end up staying a BS'ing a bit, meet someone new, maybe get a few ideas. UPS or Jegs gonna do that for you?

Craig, how long ago was it you were over on Sharon Road......back when I owned a Mustang II?

Nothing against CS or Craig at all, but....

It's about a 35 mile round trip to Cincy Speed and back for me. At 12 MPG and 3.25 a gallon, I'm at $10 just for gas to drive there and back.

My main issue with buying parts from Cincy Speed is this:
-I have no idea what parts are normally stocked.
-I have no idea what's actually in stock and what would have to be ordered (ie, there's no point in driving down there if it has to be ordered in, then drive back down again to pick it up)
-Even if I wanted to drive down to buy parts, the hours are no good for me. I work those hours too.
-There's no way to order parts when Cincy Speed is closed.

Therefore, I don't buy parts from them. I would need to take time at work to call and order parts, which isn't going to happen. So unless they setup a website I can order from and pick up the parts at the shop, I just don't see spending money there.

:dunno:

BUHBYY
06-05-2007, 12:29 PM

It's about a 35 mile round trip to Cincy Speed and back for me. At 12 MPG and 3.25 a gallon, I'm at $10 just for gas to drive there and back.

-I have no idea what's actually in stock and what would have to be ordered (ie, there's no point in driving down there if it has to be ordered in, then drive back down again to pick it up)
-Even if I wanted to drive down to buy parts, the hours are no good for me. I work those hours too.

Therefore, I don't buy parts from them. I would need to take time at work to call and order parts, which isn't going to happen. So unless they setup a website I can order from and pick up the parts at the shop, I just don't see spending money there.

as far as I know the Cracker is trying to go HIGH TECH and he will be able to accomodate ?? obviously he will have to say more ?? but I am pretty sure that is the next step for our Dealer of speed parts !!!

5.0calypso93lx
06-05-2007, 12:46 PM

If you ever need anything from cincy speed, I drive by there everyday because I work near there, and I'd be glad to pick whatever it is up, and meet you in west chester.

Maximus
06-05-2007, 01:09 PM
So unless they setup a website I can order from and pick up the parts at the shop, I just don't see spending money there.

Its in the works. Things just take time:)

IWRBB
06-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Sounds good. I know it's not easy setting that up.

NITRYDER
06-05-2007, 04:21 PM
New update, rpm finally responded but i still havent seen the money back in my account yet, for those keeping count this has been 3 weeks, still do not have my money back, anyone want to place bets on when i will see my cash again?????

IWRBB
06-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Yea, RPM Outlet sucks. Just wanted to say that again...

strokercobra
06-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Yeah, stick with the local guys, why spend your money out of town when you can get the same thing, for the same price? Most of us can have it shipped to your door as well. I guess some people just can't get away from the mail order mind set. nothing wrong with it, just sends your money out of the area, both ways you get the same part.

Come to think of it, Dayton 5.0 performance gets your part (s) and has 'em installed before most mail order company's even get them to your home. The price is right and the customer gets the service. :rockon:

Blacksunshine
06-05-2007, 06:30 PM
www.modulardepot.com we can get damn near anything you need for a modular. and if we can't get it i'm sure craig can, regardless of if you choose us or craig or guy X, keeping your business local, helps everyone in the long run. :bigthumb

Well said young man.... Now go get a car and start racing again. !!:bigthumb

Blacksunshine
06-05-2007, 06:35 PM
One last note on this.... The Local guy in our case comes out racing with us and even throws down $100.00 Gift card to the winner and $50.00 to the runner up... Thats cool ! I have yet too See Jegs or Summit throwing coin my way.... !!. Good luck on getting the money back. See ya.

orangedemon331
06-05-2007, 06:44 PM

I buy everything there, most of the time I'll drive 20 miles from my home in my Lightning(you know it gets great gas mileage) just to BS with Craig and Jason or whoever is there!! I say you call first, if some parts are not there and others are not, then you can pick up whats there and he will be more than happy to drop ship the rest, I'm sure.. I've seen him do it.. I say screw Jegs&Summit unless there is no other route!! #1 Rule of Racing: Support your local speed shop,tuner,fabricator,ect!!!! Just my .02:bigthumb

NITRYDER
06-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Thanks for all the support guys, just for the record i did use craig for all of my fox body parts and i intend on using modular depot for tuning after i get my car back together, hopefully i will have my cash soon!!

Maximus
06-05-2007, 11:05 PM
And I apperciate the business:)

Remember, we have layaway:D

Rustanggt98
06-06-2007, 12:34 AM
Well said young man.... Now go get a car and start racing again. !!:bigthumb

be careful what you wish for. :cool1: (i've had the car for quite sometime, just about to make a comeback)

NITRYDER
06-06-2007, 03:12 PM
matter of fact craig can you get those valve covers bbk titanium 13 bolt windsor heads, i need these things asap its stopping me from getting my car back together!!!!!

Maximus
06-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Get me a part number and Ill check for ya.:bigthumb

NITRYDER
06-08-2007, 08:21 PM
still no cash!!!!!!!!!

NITRYDER
06-14-2007, 06:15 PM
still no f-n money, can these assholes be serious, what kind of low rent place takes 3 weeks to give you your money back!!!!!!!!

cstreu1026
06-14-2007, 06:39 PM
Did you pay by credit card? If you did call the issuing bank and file a dispute.