PDA

View Full Version : 87 Samurai

'92Stang
06-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Popped a head gasket while doing some hill climbs here at the house last week. Put a new gasket in friday. Pulled over to the barn to air up the tires( 50 yards). It stalled as i got to the air hose, aired the tires up. Went to fire it up, nothing?? Checked the coil, plug wires, distributor, and the carb. It's getting fuel, and fire, as I got lit up by the coil wire. Here's my :HYF: for holding the wire on the firewall with no shoes. Pulled the timing belt cover off along with the belt to make sure it was timed properly. My buddy came over in his samurai, and we swapped his distributor, and wires. Still nothing. It seems like it wants to fire, and it either backfires through the carb, or exhaust????? Any ideas? Thanks, Mike

wildstang89
06-03-2007, 08:24 PM
My 87 acted like that too. But mine ended up being the computer. You might give PetroWorks a call. They know their stuff.

'92Stang
06-05-2007, 01:53 PM
This is my first samurai. Without trying to sound like a tard. What is petroworks?? Thanks, Mike

wildstang89
06-05-2007, 04:54 PM
LOL! They deal in samurai and the like. They are based in Ca I think. Check their website out. They can help. www.petroworks.com
Steve

'92Stang
06-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Got it fixed. A little timing issue. Thanks for the site., Mike

VictoryFab
06-08-2007, 09:13 AM
for any other samurai problems check out iZOOK. its a site revolving around the world of Zuk's.