PDA

View Full Version : Hotel for PINKS race?

nordi
06-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Has anyone booked their hotel yet for the race? I have called around to a few and I have found one that is less than 15 minutes from the track that will give us a group rate if I can get a least 5 rooms booked. I checked on the price for checking in on the 10th and out on the 12th. Price is $59.10 per night including taxes. The hotel has free wireless internet, continental breakfast, and smoking or non smoking rooms. It is at the Crescent Hotel Kansas City South. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll set some rooms aside for us.

Nordi:bigthumb

Blacksunshine
06-03-2007, 05:31 PM
Nope , I will be watching right here from Batavia...

PaulFiveOh
06-03-2007, 07:28 PM
I'll do it. Give me the information I need to pull the trigger and I'll do it.

nordi
06-03-2007, 10:10 PM
I'll do it. Give me the information I need to pull the trigger and I'll do it.

Sounds good. Let's make sure we get enough people interested, then I'll call and reserve a block of rooms.

Nordi

Holly
06-04-2007, 10:24 AM
I booked the master suite at Hotel De Keezer! ;)

Thanks Kyle! Flight is booked!

PonymanfiveO
06-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Glad to see your gonna make it out Nordi!
It should be a good time man.

You should have made it up to IRP, it was a good time.
I drag raced the goat and Travis tore up his pulling truck.:bigthumb

nordi
06-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Glad to see your gonna make it out Nordi!
It should be a good time man.

You should have made it up to IRP, it was a good time.
I drag raced the goat and Travis tore up his pulling truck.:bigthumb

Travis break something:eek: That's never happened before:rolleyes: How slow was that 1/4 pass:bigthumb I wanted to get out there, but it snuck up on me and I couldn't get off work. I took the days off for this as soon as I heard the dates.

Nordi

nordi
06-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Is anyone else interested? Paul, I haven't forgot about you. Was just hoping others would go along with it. If I can just get a couple rooms discounted, I'll let you know.

Nordi

89notch
06-23-2007, 09:00 AM
I'm going to need 2 rooms for thurs and friday nights

nordi
06-23-2007, 10:54 AM
That's 4 rooms, I need to get 1 more so I can get the group rate. They'll only do it on 5 and more

Nordi

craigels
06-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Hey Nordi!

I am gonna need one room, two beds. I need to check in on Thursday though and stay Friday night too. Is this hotel truck/trailer friendly? I'll have the racecar in tow.

Craig

nordi
06-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Hey Nordi!

I am gonna need one room, two beds. I need to check in on Thursday though and stay Friday night too. Is this hotel truck/trailer friendly? I'll have the racecar in tow.

Craig

Thanks Craig, that gives us 5. I'll call then and ask about their parking lot and let you know.

Nordi

nordi
07-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Sorry it took so long to get back to this. I did call and block 5 rooms for us. They are under my last name Noertker. Call 816-765-4100 and ask to speak to Teresa. She'll get you taken care of.

Craig, I was told you'll be able to park the truck and trailer with no problem. She told me they are right at 12 minutes from the track.

Nordi

craigels
07-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Thanks Nordi! I'll call ASAP. Travis and I are looking forward to seeing you out there!

Craig

nordi
07-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Thanks Nordi! I'll call ASAP. Travis and I are looking forward to seeing you out there!

Craig

Looking forward to seeing you guys too, and Matt:bigthumb Haven't seen you all in a while.

Nordi

Off topic for this thread, but do you know what time the racing and/or taping will start at the track? Wondering if I'll be ok on time going out early Friday morning or if I should head out Thursday night.

craigels
07-26-2007, 10:15 PM
Looking forward to seeing you guys too, and Matt:bigthumb Haven't seen you all in a while.

Nordi

Off topic for this thread, but do you know what time the racing and/or taping will start at the track? Wondering if I'll be ok on time going out early Friday morning or if I should head out Thursday night.

Not sure, maybe Friday afternoon ?? 89notch would be better to answer that.

All I know is that I have to have the car at the trackt he day before, so Travis and I are leaving Wednesday night... maybe midnightish so we can have it there by Thursday afternoon.

Craig

nordi
07-26-2007, 10:22 PM
Thanks Craig. I have to work Thursday untill 11, so I'm planning on leaving early Friday. I'll PM 89notch and ask him:coo1:

Nordi

PonymanfiveO
07-27-2007, 05:18 PM
I wont be off till about 7am that thursday so I guess I'll be headed out myself then....

that is, if we get the damn starter on right.

craigels
07-27-2007, 06:51 PM
I wont be off till about 7am that thursday so I guess I'll be headed out myself then....

that is, if we get the damn starter on right.

You might want to find out if you have to show up with the car ?? :confused:

Craig

craigels
07-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Just talked to Teresa. Nice lady, got me all taken care of! She said the exit the off I71 is closed, but we could call and she would talk us through it. I am checking in on Thursday, Aug 9 and leaving Saturday, Aug 11.

Craig

Holly
07-30-2007, 01:48 PM
I am checking in on Thursday, Aug 9 and leaving Saturday, Aug 11.
Craig

Jennifer and I will arrive late on Thursday and we are leaving on Saturday too.

I just got on the Skybus website, the airfare to KC out of Columbus for that weekend is now $160 and returning is $140! Jenn and I paid $100 each, ROUNDTRIP! Damn, it pays to book your flight early. ;)

I just booked a rental car too. :evilgrin: It was CHEAP, $50 through hotwire.com for a mid-sized car for two days. I like having my own vehicle, plus it will save Kyle and Lisa from driving back and forth to the airport.

nordi
07-31-2007, 06:20 PM
Just talked to Teresa. Nice lady, got me all taken care of! She said the exit the off I71 is closed, but we could call and she would talk us through it. I am checking in on Thursday, Aug 9 and leaving Saturday, Aug 11.

Craig

That's good you got it booked and taken care of. Looking forward to seeing you there. Is Travis coming out with you?

Nordi

NXcoupe
07-31-2007, 06:43 PM
Craig,
I talked to Kelly today and I believe I am riding out with you. I will need to know when and where. And I am chipping in on a hotel room as well.

PonymanfiveO
07-31-2007, 07:13 PM
No worries Craig, I hear Mike is good to cuddle with. :lol:

craigels
08-01-2007, 12:19 PM
That's good you got it booked and taken care of. Looking forward to seeing you there. Is Travis coming out with you?

Nordi

Travis and I are going to share driving duties of the tow rig. He is also staying in my room, which is why I got a double.

Craig,
I talked to Kelly today and I believe I am riding out with you. I will need to know when and where. And I am chipping in on a hotel room as well.

You are riding in the truck with us?? Do you have your own room? I have three people in a double room right now... I'm not sure when we are leaving. Probably late Wednesday/early Thursday. I don't even know when I can pick the trailer or car up yet.

Craig

Holly
08-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Sorry it took so long to get back to this. I did call and block 5 rooms for us.

Are all five rooms accounted for?

nordi
08-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Are all five rooms accounted for?

Holly,

I just called out there. 4 are booked and there is still 1 available of theoriginal 5. However, if we need more, they can book us more as long as they're available.

Nordi

PonymanfiveO
08-03-2007, 12:48 AM
I just found out that my mother is going to go out with me and cheer us on.

Seeing as Kyles house is pretty full, I think Im going to have to get a room for her.

gottaluvastang2
08-03-2007, 01:00 AM
Hey Matt...........PM sent

Lisa