PDA

View Full Version : Pond/Large Aquarium Owners:Free Albino Catfish

ascCapri
06-04-2007, 10:26 PM
Howdy all, just wondering if there are any pond owners or large aquarium owners that would be interested in these Channel Cat. I would love to see these grow old in someone's water garden or get caught by the youngin's in someone's farm pond, but right now, I don't have a pond and my water garden probably won't be built anytime soon.

I love fish, both as pets, and while fishing and eating....I got these from ATAC Hatchery north of Lebanon and have raised them as part of my posse in both my aquarium and in the water garden at my dad's house. The water garden is well over 500 gallons and 3 1/2 feet deep. They fit nicely in there. But, I already have 2 in there, and these fish need to find a new home. They are too cramped in my aquarium and knock stuff over on a daily basis.

The larger fish, I call Fattie, because he would always eat the bluegill and bass he was living with. He was always a hair bigger than everything else. The Catfish started as 7 inches, and the bluegill and bass were ~3 inches. He is probably 12 to 13 inches long and close to a pound. He is 2.5 to 3 inches wide.

The medium fish, I call Lou Diamond Philips, and he is about 10 inches long and 6 ounces or so. I would guesstimate 2/3's the size of fattie.

I feed them pellet food bought at ATAC Hatchery. Can give you 5 or more lbs. with the fish. Will last a long time for a whole water garden.

JIMS SVT
06-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Where are you located.Id love to take them off your hands.I just stocked a few in my pond.They only had 5 when I got mine.

ascCapri
06-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Sounds cool, is this a fishing pond?

I am in just south of Monroe, 15 minutes from 275/75. Where are you? I will probably be putting them in a cooler and aerator.

JIMS SVT
06-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Yea its a fishin pond.I work on Mosteller rd in Sharonville.So 275/75 is right by work.

JIMS SVT
06-12-2007, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the fish.