PDA

View Full Version : MSD 8382/Aeromotive fuel rails???HELP!

G93T
06-05-2007, 05:13 PM
I am using the MSD #8382 dual sinc distributor with Aeromotive fuel rails. The tip of the fuel rail touches the dist. Aeromotive tech said to "shim" the rail... but that places the injector at too much of an angle from lower intake. Any suggestions on solving this problem, other than buying new rails? Any response is appreciated!

Silver Bullet
06-05-2007, 07:12 PM
I am using the MSD #8382 dual sinc distributor with Aeromotive fuel rails. The tip of the fuel rail touches the dist. Aeromotive tech said to "shim" the rail... but that places the injector at too much of an angle from lower intake. Any suggestions on solving this problem, other than buying new rails? Any response is appreciated!

How much hp will you be making? I ran 600 to 650 and took it out the bottom of the rail in between the injectors.

Sharad
06-05-2007, 10:15 PM
He's looking to make around 500 to the tire.

If you're talking about his return line under the rail between the injectors, that's where his return is. There is just a plug in the end of the rail at the distributor.

Silver Bullet
06-06-2007, 11:16 AM
I see, I thought he was trying to come out the end and the fitting would not fit. Now a closer look, I see the problem.....'

Sell your distributor and get a small capped one... I have the MSD 2382, look under projects in progress... for pics. Summit may have one of these left, as they do not make this part anymore, or find one that is comprable.

G93T
06-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Is the MSD 2382 a dual sinc distributor? I did not think it was. I am thinking about round "milling" the tip end that hits the distributor. I may have to "fab" or weld that end of the rail. Another option is the "Behind Bars Race Cars" fuel rails. I know they would work!

I would not like to trade my MSD 8382 distributor because I already replaced the cast iron gear with a steel gear.

ibstrokin
06-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Grind the end of rail if it's barely hitting. I have vortech rails with a AN plug in the end, the plug had to be ground quite a bit to clear the dist.

G93T
06-07-2007, 05:55 AM
Grind the end of rail if it's barely hitting. I have vortech rails with a AN plug in the end, the plug had to be ground quite a bit to clear the dist.
Thanks for your input! I think I have plenty of "meat" sort of speak on the rail end that I can grind.

Silver Bullet
06-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Is the MSD 2382 a dual sinc distributor? I did not think it was.

Just for info, yes it is. Fast thought it was one of the best for their system, then they quit making it (they being MSD). They complained to no avail.... now they are getting ready to release one of their own. Just a pc. of useless info..

G93T
06-07-2007, 08:09 PM
After checking with UPR for a dist adapter (with Jeremy Martorella), checking my fuel rails (for milling options), maybe exchaging my distributor, I came up with the conclusion (with the help of my son Sharad) that the best option is buying the Behind Bars Race Cars fuel rails. Everybody swears that they will fit any situation! Thanks for all your help!!!