PDA

View Full Version : Freon for AC?

Holly
06-08-2007, 09:45 AM
I finally turned my AC on last night. It was blowing out "cool" air, but not cold, so I think it needs some freon. Anybody work for AC place that could hook me up (I WILL PAY FOR IT, just can't get my regular people to come out until Wednesday).

If not, no big deal, I'm not melting or anything. I actually just turned it on for the first time last night. I work in a FREEZING cold building all day, so I usually welcome the warm air when I walk out of this building, but last night, it was just plain hot. I turned on the AC, it cooled down a few degrees in 2 hours, but I knew it would never get to where I wanted it, so I just turned it off. I already have a service call in (I paid for 3 service calls last year with Willis, this will be my third one, it's free, but I will have to pay for the freon).

If anybody can help me out before Wednesday, let me know. Again, I will pay for it, I know that stuff is not cheap!

RACEME
06-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Holly, I can not help witht he freon, but make sure there is no dirt/leaves or anything else around your ac unit(the cooling fins). If if is not clean it will not cool well.

Black Hole
06-08-2007, 10:16 AM
I would let it run for a day or two prior to calling service unless the air coming out isn't cooler at all.

It takes about 48 hours for an A/C system to completely cool a house.....even a brand new system takes that long to pull the heat out of the walls.

Turn it on....even if it's only set at 75* (where mine is set right now and I'm rather comfortable with a fan on me at night while I'm sleeping) and let it run for a couple of days......then if it still isn't cooling, call a repair man.

95redstang
06-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Is the outside unit kicking on? The fan spinning? My did the same thing last week when we turned it on. I just took off the panel from the outside unit and there is a red button to reset it...It could also be freon as well...

plated
06-08-2007, 11:04 AM
check your big filter also if it's dirty it will run poorly,if u need my neibor is a heating/cooling guy i could run him down there.but like they said let it run a couple days ours was the same way a couple days after running it was fine.lmk stay kewl:cool2:

Holly
06-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Is the outside unit kicking on? The fan spinning? My did the same thing last week when we turned it on. I just took off the panel from the outside unit and there is a red button to reset it...It could also be freon as well...

Yes, the outside unit is kicking on and the fan is running. I turned it on again this morning and the air was "cool" coming out, just not "cold". If I knew how to take the panel off, I would, but I would screw it up. I already have a service call in to them, just for regular maintenance (it's already paid for, in a service contract I made with them last year), BUT, they can't get to me before Wednesday, and it's going to be a hot weekend. They put freon in it last July, I didn't think it would run out that quickly, we never did use the AC a whole lot. :confused:

Holly
06-08-2007, 11:09 AM
check your big filter also if it's dirty it will run poorly,if u need my neibor is a heating/cooling guy i could run him down there.but like they said let it run a couple days ours was the same way a couple days after running it was fine.lmk stay kewl:cool2:

I have Junior5.0 coming over this evening to spend the night, I would kind of like to have it cool for her. I "might" run home at lunchtime and see if I can "reset" it. I don't want to leave it running, because it never shuts off (the air coming out is not cool enough to get it to the right temperature).

It's cooled off now, I'm good.

Holly
06-09-2007, 06:44 PM
BIG THANKS to Paul Thomas, Tracy's hubby (untamed). He came down on his day off, after drinking tequila last night, and fixed my AC! It's cooled down 2 degrees in a half hour. After being outside all day, it feels great in here.

Thanks for saving me Paul, I really appreciate it! :bigthumb

PonymanfiveO
06-09-2007, 07:19 PM
hells yea!

We got some good people on this board. ;)

untamed
06-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Your are very welcome Holly. He said he was happy to help you and junior50h out.

untamed
06-09-2007, 07:25 PM
hells yea!

We got some good people on this board. ;)

Just giving back to the great one that created this board. :angel: