PDA

View Full Version : Darn Brake Pedal!

Silver Bullet
06-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Well I started the conversion yesterday. I started under the dash. The goal: to get the brake pedal out drill a hole for a rod in a different location for the master cyl. rod. Well after being in an awkward position, finding the bolts and correct wrench sizes, sqeezing my hand up in my dash and cutting my wist several hundred times until it was rubbed raw.... I got the bolt loose. Next, to pull out the b.p., I was frustrated as heck, pulling, tugging and then it happened, it finally came out, nailing me in the head right above my brow. My wife was there, and suggested urgent care, as it looked deep. Nope, just get me a bag of ice, so I can continue. Well after another while I finally get it back in and together to find a bushing in the floor. So now I have to take it back apart. So I then take it apart again, put it back together.... not that easy, yes it was a struggle again. Next to get the bolts in the plate for the mastercyl...... All went well all except the top left bolt, it was a Pain to get anything on it to tighten it up, but I did.

Today, back out to change the front brakes.....

PonymanfiveO
06-10-2007, 11:55 AM
lol...Im sure your head will be fine, we know its a hard one!

glad to hear your getting her together!

MrsAPE
06-10-2007, 01:20 PM
ouch! hope the rest goes easier!!

dedpedal
06-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Why didnt you just drop the colum and pull the whole pedal assembly out?

NA/NOTCH
06-10-2007, 10:54 PM

thats how i did it on my conversion alot easier

85silvershark
06-10-2007, 11:02 PM
just went through the same thing-that top right nut is a mother

Silver Bullet
06-11-2007, 11:20 AM

Looked like a lot of trouble.... removing the column, removing the pedal assembly and putting it all back in.... maybe not:confused: