PDA

View Full Version : ITS RUNNING (finally)

WCKDGT
06-10-2007, 11:28 PM
so today i go over to my parents to clean my car and i decide to buff out out my parent s cars that have been sitting for awhile dads 95 f150 flareside 2yrs feul pump went out and broken timing chain, moms 97 stang gt 4 yrs heater core. etc, so i buff out the cars get them looking great, so my brother in law (04mustang) and nephew and i go to see if we can get the stang running. now ill tell you what went wrong w/ the stang, to get you guys all caught up. 4 yrs ago in the winter the heater core went out and my dad is not the fastest guy to get around to anything especially if there is another trustworthy car to drive, so 2 yrs go by and my mom finally talks him into letting me put it back together (he doesnt like anybody else working on his cars):dunno: :mad: but then it wouldnt start then my dad had some health problems and it was another two yrs. so me and my brother in law go to check the crank trigger position sensor, but we couldnt get any readings to test, so we traced it to the ICM which looked to be ok. so i go to pull it off the firewall and it just pops off, (the cap) it wasnt friggin plugged in!!!!!!!:HYF: so i plug it in and it fires right up! we were screaming and jumping around you would have thought we just won the lottery. btw its a 97 gt w/ only 59k miles

Cody G
06-10-2007, 11:37 PM
It was nice to hear it start(especially if your the one who starts it.) we are all releaved and now we can get something else running(im pyskostangs nephew)......what made our day was seeing grandma drive it.....and 04 mustang is my father

NXcoupe
06-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Congrats on getting it running. Always a good feeling. Good detective work figuring it out too.

04 mustang
06-11-2007, 06:31 AM
It was awesome to hear her come to life after all this time. I felt like a giddy little school bitch. :lol: :bigthumb

BigBadStang
06-11-2007, 11:28 AM
thats one way to conserve mileage on a car!
:lol:
j/k...
congrats on gettin it fired up again!