PDA

View Full Version : Clutch switch on clutch pedal... to start vehicle..

Silver Bullet
06-11-2007, 11:14 AM
The switch that you have to press the clutch in to get a manuel car to start, How do you bypass it?

I guess when I was up under the dash I messed the alignment of it up.... and I have to fool around with it to get the starter to engage.... I'm just going to remove the clutch pedal and bypass the switch.... as I'm switching to an automatic.

ATimpe
06-11-2007, 12:02 PM
same thing happened to my 91 ranger all i did was cut and strip the two heavy gauge wires going into the switch (I think the are red) and connected the two of them together with a wire nut kind of hillbilly but u could solder and heat shrink the two wires also

5.0calypso93lx
06-11-2007, 03:12 PM
same thing happened to my 91 ranger all i did was cut and strip the two heavy gauge wires going into the switch (I think the are red) and connected the two of them together with a wire nut kind of hillbilly but u could solder and heat shrink the two wires also

Haha, hillbilly wiring for the hillbilly truck.

Yea the wires are red with a light blue tracer.

Silver Bullet
06-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Done.... it looked more complicated.... to connectors, on with all different wires, and one connector with three red/blue striped, that I tied all together and it worked.

Who knows what the other ones are for....?

ATimpe
06-11-2007, 04:20 PM
dont hate on papa peach james,shes rusty but trusty

5.0calypso93lx
06-11-2007, 05:11 PM
dont hate on papa peach james,shes rusty but trusty

:lol: :lol: :lol: