PDA

View Full Version : Ohio E-check ....

Cincyguy
06-11-2007, 11:22 PM
Anyone else heard rumblings of the Ohio E-Check coming back. I heard this from several people who said it was on the news. Was looking at off road pipes but might not be now!

Ryan218
06-11-2007, 11:40 PM
not heard a thing...better not..i wanna get rid of my cats too!

ATimpe
06-11-2007, 11:44 PM
havent heard any thing either, if they did i would just get some mil eliminators and weld some heat shields to my h-pipe to make it look like there were cats there when they did the under car mirror test checking for converters

DeckerEnt
06-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Move to Ky. No e check here.LOL
Keith

Xuzhu
06-12-2007, 07:13 AM
Last I heard, (when it was originally cancelled) is that they had to have a new system in place by 2009.

02mingryGT
06-12-2007, 07:29 AM
The new system would be the reformulated gasoline like Kentucky uses.

bobtsgt
06-12-2007, 07:57 AM
havent heard any thing either, if they did i would just get some mil eliminators and weld some heat shields to my h-pipe to make it look like there were cats there when they did the under car mirror test checking for converters

exactly the way I would do it. I hope they don't come back with it.

Stangman
06-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Likely that Brown County wont have it again if it comes out again :D

Dirtyd0g
06-12-2007, 08:36 AM
After selling all the facilities I'd say it's gone for good. It was a waste anyway. Just a way to get another $20 out of every car.
Alan

cobrajoe
06-12-2007, 09:29 AM
:agree: :squirt:e-check

Black Hole
06-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Anyone else heard rumblings of the Ohio E-Check coming back. I heard this from several people who said it was on the news. Was looking at off road pipes but might not be now!
I ran 3 different cars through E-check.....all had offroad pipes and either had the O2's turned off via tune or had MIL eliminators.

All 3 passed with flying colors and without a visual inspection (it helps that my car is slammed and barely cleared the rollers. ;) )

Gene
06-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Did a bit of Googling on the subject...

Apparently there was a discussion about extending the e-check program, but it was shot down due to unpopularity. The current plan is to start requiring reformulated gas.

Black Hole
06-12-2007, 10:27 AM
The current plan is to start requiring reformulated gas.
Which sucks WAY worse than E-check since you could "get around" E-check if you know the rules. ;)

Gene
06-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Which sucks WAY worse than E-check since you could "get around" E-check if you know the rules. ;)

Why? The amount of time one had to spend to "get around" E-check doesn't make it worth it, IMO. I've never had a problem with reformulated gas that I've bought in Kentucky.

I'm not opposed to some sort of emissions rules...clean air is a good thing. Personally, I would rather have some sort of "passive" program vs. an active program like emissions testing.

The only thing that I would support in active testing would be if the program also involved a roadworthiness inspection, like the MOT test in England, that would be used to keep pieces of crap off the road.

5.0calypso93lx
06-12-2007, 11:32 AM
The only thing that I would support in active testing would be if the program also involved a roadworthiness inspection, like the MOT test in England, that would be used to keep pieces of crap off the road.

Not sure on the accuracy of this, but when I was in Germany, a tour guide told me that people can get tickets for roadworthiness. For example, if someone is driving a car wrecked, they could get a ticket.

But, I would also much rather have e check than crappier gas.

Stangman
06-12-2007, 08:20 PM

My god think of the pieces of junk that would be confined to driveways and junkyards all across the country!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

no more rusty but trusty chevy trucks clinging onto life by chicken wire!!!

My question is, what is reformulated gas and why is it as bad as everyone seems to make it out to be??