PDA

View Full Version : Car people.

ascCapri
06-12-2007, 05:25 PM
I took off 1/2 day at work because yesterday I was supposed to be off, and got called in.....my sleep schedule is all screwed up, got a ton of stuff going on. Took the afternoon off. Trying to get the underside of the truck through it's 1000 miles inspections. Got the truck up in the air (major production each time....too damn low). Got the wheels off and took them over to Tire Discounters on Tylersville in Front of Meier's.

They balance my wheels (29x15.5x15's took a lot of weights) I run to get my propane filled, fish supplies, and fittings for my airbags and return in an hour to find my wheels done. The whole time I'm stressing over all kinds of crap, got a hundred more things to do, praying the wheels weren't scratched......the guy refuses to let me pay just loads em up. I was taken back and offered profusely to cover the $6.50/wheel he quoted. He heard none of it.

Most low key guy on the phone and in person, super nice and super professional. Great to meet people like that. He said he was a Hot Rod enthusiast.

His name was Ben, he says he usually works at the Sharonville store near 275. So, we talked for a minute, he said he could align the truck....so once I get the bags done, lines run, gauges, etc. I will be heading to see Ben. :bigthumb

Just wanted to share how cool it was to meet people like this. Turned my day around!! Life ain't worth worrying over trivial crap, time to get focused on what's important. Just venting.

mustangboy
06-12-2007, 06:30 PM
I use to stuff like that all the time when I worked at TD. You gotta take care of the hardcore gearheads.:bigthumb

ATimpe
06-12-2007, 09:50 PM
one time i went up there to get a set of lugs for some cobra r's the guy gave me a whole set, i insisted i pay but also he refused, maybe it is the same guy

ascCapri
06-12-2007, 11:00 PM
The deal gets better, not 2 minutes after posting, I started unloading these from the car. He put brand new chrome valve stem caps on it.....look to be the same ones I bought from Summit $6. I feel bad, I took them off thinking they might lose them...:cool2:

Mista Bone
06-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Like the old time gas station attendents, good deeds bring customers back, and they tell their friends which brings more business.

I needed drag radials unmounted off the Trans Am wheels, since I wasn't too worried about the rims since they'd been curb, the shop manager let the trainee dismount them. Took him 2-3 times as long, but he was safe and careful. Shop manager wouldn't let me pay, so I slipped the trainee a $10, everyone was happy!

DeckerEnt
06-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Events like this are rare and should go rewarded. All of us should use the people we get along with, trust and respect for doing the right thing. We should have friends all over to go to outside our group here. We all probably have some one in mind who does great work, be it heating and air to lawn care and everything in between. Don't hesitate to spread the word about a good guy out there.
Keith

MrsAPE
06-13-2007, 08:23 AM
Not all people are bad. It's nice to hear about 'good peoples'!