PDA

View Full Version : Engine harness question...Running just the engine harness A9l with dash harness

89notch
06-12-2007, 10:43 PM
What all would have to be done to just run the engine harness by itself? I'm talking getting rid of the dash harness and body harness and wiring all that seperate? The reason I ask is the harness for the pinks car is shot with wires spliced and cut everywhere. I'm pretty sure it can be done since 66efistang has done it but he cant remember how he did it. Thanks Kelly

dedpedal
06-12-2007, 10:46 PM
I think that you need to run power to the computer to tell it that the engine is on, and to trigger the fuel pump. The pump colud be run seperate tho I would imagine. I cant think of anything else.
I have a ford wiring book if you want to peruse it to set things up.
PM me to let me know. I might be able to come up and help if I get caught up on things here at home.

347sc
06-13-2007, 07:44 AM
I believe it is almost self contained except the fuel pump relay harness.

Sparky
06-13-2007, 07:28 PM
It's not that hard. There are three connectors in the mustang harness that need to be saved. One is the green rectangular 8 pin connector next to the ecm connector, this one has most of your power sources. Save the body side of it too so you don't have to cut the connectors off . the next one is an 8 pin round connector that hold the wires for your tach, guages and sensors. the o2 harness is crucial too. Make sure you have the right one too. Auto and 5 speeds have different (or differently wired). I have the diagrams from ford on how to wire the 'puter harness and I have 1990 and 1993 Mustang Electrical and vacuum toubleshooting manuals. I've recently adapted EFI to my Ranger so I can almost do it blindfolded now. It's a little harder than most people say but still not that bad. The biggest thing to consider when deleting the body harness is how much stuff you still want to work, which might be in the body harness.