PDA

View Full Version : Got accosted by Kareem Abdul...

dedpedal
06-13-2007, 08:23 AM
As many of you know, I install window tint on flat glass for a living. In my never ending journey to cover the tristate area in protective film, I tend to have alot of strange and wonderful adventures and experiances. Well, let me catch you all up on my meaningless meanderings.
All last week Ive been downtown at the Carew Tower filming glass in vacant shops so people wont see the empty spaces so clearly. My boss was helping and we finnished this part last night about 8:00. We were standing in a parking lot discussing the next days work and general bsing about that job when this tall lanky black guy walked up to us. I could tell from his gait that he was a crack head and sure as shit clings to my butthair he started panhandling my boss. He told him that he used to play for Arizona and fell on hard times and only had a quarter to get on the bus. After a few stern "NO"s from my boss, the cracked out bum turned to me. To understand my frame of mind, I was hopped up on energy drinks and smoothies and not in the best of moods. I wasnt more than 6 feet from the boss when this guy starts begging for loose change from me. Now, he only has a dime to make a phone call and he played for UC.
That was my cue to morph into Krazy Kevin. I went off on him. I said that I worked hard for a living and barely got by and that my boss was a tightass that made me pay for my own parking and that it was an insult to me to be asked to give what little cash I had left to some worthless athelte who couldnt keep his mouth off the crack pipe. "But I played for UC aint that worth something?" he asked. At that point I could have killed this dude and not had a bit of remorse. I replied with a rather loud voice "I dont give a fuck about UC, they suck and your a prime example why. besides, I root for UK"
"Im going to my van and getting a big stick and beating you black and blue. "
He actualy took a couple of steps toward my van with my when I turned and said"Youre allready halfway there so Ill just beat you till your blue. " I dont think he belived me till I pulled out a fiberglass 4 foot straight edge . At that point he must have realized that I wasnt going to give him tree fitty and ran.
I honestly didnt think a crackhead had that much energy to run that fast unless there was a free sample of crack at the end of the block.
My boss watched the whole thing and the only thing he could say was "I really thought you were going to hit him.
So if anyone sees Kareem around downtown panhandling, let him know that theres a big stick waiting with his name on it.

MrsAPE
06-13-2007, 08:29 AM
LOL...so did your boss offer you change for parking?!

bobtsgt
06-13-2007, 08:57 AM
:lol: hahaha you did the right thing Kev. You need to take a video camera with you on your next adventure. Love the black and blue joke :lol::lol:

Black92LX
06-13-2007, 11:42 AM
i can't stand vagrants!!!!
Being that I work downtown I deal with lots of them.
Unfortunatly the begging must be in my presence to arrest them for that, but 95% of the time they are drunk so they go for that.
Hard working people that are downtown to SPEND money don't need these bums bothering their good time and the businesses don't need it either.
Downtown we have a lot of restaraunts with sidewalk seating they all happen to be on the north side main street. Well there is one fella that goes asking people trying to eat for money. He rarely drinks so I would just have to scoot him away but he would always return.
So I did a little thinking and I banned him from the entire Northside of Main Street. If he wants to be on Main street that is fine he just is on the South Side. But he has no valid reason to be on the North Side. So if he is on the North Side he goes for Criminal Trespass!
That makes a lot of happy business owners

bobtsgt
06-13-2007, 11:53 AM
i can't stand vagrants!!!!
Being that I work downtown I deal with lots of them.
Unfortunatly the begging must be in my presence to arrest them for that, but 95% of the time they are drunk so they go for that.
Hard working people that are downtown to SPEND money don't need these bums bothering their good time and the businesses don't need it either.
Downtown we have a lot of restaraunts with sidewalk seating they all happen to be on the north side main street. Well there is one fella that goes asking people trying to eat for money. He rarely drinks so I would just have to scoot him away but he would always return.
So I did a little thinking and I banned him from the entire Northside of Main Street. If he wants to be on Main street that is fine he just is on the South Side. But he has no valid reason to be on the North Side. So if he is on the North Side he goes for Criminal Trespass!
That makes a lot of happy business owners

thank you for doing your job sir :bigthumb

Walter
06-13-2007, 12:09 PM
:lol: hahaha you did the right thing Kev. You need to take a video camera with you on your next adventure. Love the black and blue joke :lol::lol:

Did the right thing? Threaten to beat his ass because he asked for change? What if the bum didnt take off running, then what? Catch a case because the guy wanted to eat that night?

Nothing like jumping on the bandwagon.

wht_stang
06-13-2007, 12:15 PM
thats freakin sweet i wish i could've been there the last bum that asked me for change i told him see that subway there you go in go to the manager and ask for an application then you'll have plenty of change

aangel
06-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Did the right thing? Threaten to beat his ass because he asked for change? What if the bum didnt take off running, then what? Catch a case because the guy wanted to eat that night?

UM, WHAT DID YOU SAY?

Have you ever been panhandled on the streets of Cinci? Do you REALLY think the money will go for food? I'm sorry but you must be a bit naive if you do think that way.

The first time I was PH, I fell for it hook, line and sinker. I was a sucker! The next time was in front of the Wendy's and I offered to take the bum in and buy him a 99 cent burger, he refused and started to become irate and started yelling and cursing at me... Guess he was pissed b/c I wouldn't give him money to support his booze habit.

I'm sorry but life is all about choices. They made the choices that got them living on the street and I do not feel sorry for them. I'll buy 'em a burger but I won't merely hand them loose change to feed their addiction.

I wish I was there to see it Kev'. Kudos to you! Next time, grab the vid cam!

bcoh5gt
06-13-2007, 04:46 PM

There we go, you just got it started.:cool1: :cool1:

MrsAPE
06-13-2007, 05:21 PM
:popcorn:

ricmcusa
06-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Oh c'mon kevin. I have seen you beg for money.

aangel
06-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Oh c'mon kevin. I have seen you beg for money.

At least the guy in the pic is honest!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ricmcusa
06-13-2007, 07:02 PM
:agree: with :angel: At least he is honest.

dedpedal
06-13-2007, 07:36 PM

OK You obviously never met me nor read alot of my rants, they tend to start with something in my day and end up something way different. So, just for you, Ill let everyone in on a little secret.
I got panhandled by a guy who said he played for Arizona and UC. I told him no and to be on his way. He left.
Somehow. I think the way I told it the first time seems a bit more humorous.
Thanks for reading tho, really.:D

MrsAPE
06-13-2007, 09:22 PM
OK You obviously never met me nor read alot of my rants,

because you've cut wayyyyyyyyyyyyy back on them!! maybe you should come with a warning label?! ;)

bobtsgt
06-14-2007, 07:53 AM

Then you beat his ass with a big stick. Cops come and haul him off to jail where we pay for him to eat and sleep. Pretty much a win/win situation. :lol:

95redstang
06-14-2007, 11:16 AM
I have to go downtown quite often while I am driving the limos. They bother the hell out of me. I had to take some kids to Fairfields prom at Music Hall..This one bastard came up to the car and just kept talking. He wanted to know if I was hungry and that he had a damn turkey sandwich if I wanted to buy it. Finally I told his ass that I was getting pissed and to get the fuck away. So he saw one of the Music Hall valets jogging bye to go grab a car. Dude drilled the valet right in the damn back with the sandwich..It was pretty damn funny..

bobtsgt
06-14-2007, 12:06 PM
I have to go downtown quite often while I am driving the limos. They bother the hell out of me. I had to take some kids to Fairfields prom at Music Hall..This one bastard came up to the car and just kept talking. He wanted to know if I was hungry and that he had a damn turkey sandwich if I wanted to buy it. Finally I told his ass that I was getting pissed and to get the fuck away. So he saw one of the Music Hall valets jogging bye to go grab a car. Dude drilled the valet right in the damn back with the sandwich..It was pretty damn funny..

hahaha that is pretty funny. you should have bought the sandwhich :lol:

bcoh5gt
06-14-2007, 06:08 PM

Yeah you could have just done the right thing asshole and bought his sandwich, man.... you know he needed money for gas or rent. What the hell is wrong with you????? JFWY:lol:

aangel
06-14-2007, 07:09 PM
Dam! Should have bought the sam--eeche so dude could buy a dime rock! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

95redstang
06-14-2007, 08:47 PM
Yeah you could have just done the right thing asshole and bought his sandwich, man.... you know he needed money for gas or rent. What the hell is wrong with you????? JFWY:lol:

I started reading your first sentence and luckily I caught the JFWY. I was about to get pissed...:lol:
I have no problem helping people out at all.. It's just theat when you see somebody running the same bullshit to every person they see, it's hard to give them any money...

dedpedal
06-15-2007, 09:00 AM
I was working in downtown near the courthouse yesterday and it was Don King that was hitting me up for money. He said he was psycic and could tell me what kind of personality i have for a buck. If he was so damn psycic, he would have know that I had just dumped my last dollar in the parking meter...

bcoh5gt
06-15-2007, 06:04 PM
I started reading your first sentence and luckily I caught the JFWY. I was about to get pissed...:lol:
I have no problem helping people out at all.. It's just theat when you see somebody running the same bullshit to every person they see, it's hard to give them any money...

LOL, I know I refuse to go down there. I'm working over in Clifton right now and we went to McDonalds down by Spring Grove Ave. for luch a few weeks ago and a black guy walked in and sat behind us for a sec, then stood up and came to our table and said " eh man you gotta few dollars I tryin I tryin I try" well thats as far as he got before I jumped up and said I'm tryin to EAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER GET OUTA MY FACE. He just walked off giving me a shitty look shakin his head like he was gonna do something.

aangel
06-15-2007, 07:24 PM
.......and said I'm tryin to EAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER GET OUTA MY FACE. He just walked off giving me a shitty look shakin his head like he was gonna do something.

You guys/men can come off to them like that. Believe me, I want to tell them to get the &*$@ out of my face, etc. etc. etc. but I would never start a confrontation (ya never know what they're capable of...anyone for that matter). Hold that thought as I tell my story from today!

So today! I have to spend 3 1/2 hours at Houlio's Bargain Barn denistry (Small Smiles) over off Reading and Seymour...b/c our dental insurance sucks and that's about the only place that we can get three children into at the same time on my schedule... blah blah blah. Yeah. That was LOADS of fun... Then we decided to stop at that McD's b/c they're starving after the entire afternoon at Houlio's.... I kid you not when I tell you we were the only four white folk in the place...(McD's and the dentist besides the employees...). I am not racist in the least and neither are my children. There is bad white folk and bad black folk but did you notice that the black folk in the city totally act ignorant in public? Is it a contest or something to see who can cuss the most, babble shit that no one can understand, act like a thug or ho or to see whose ass falls out of they're bagging azz pants? When we left my children said to me as we're pulling out of the parking lot, why do they act like that? I said, that's just their "personality"....????

So on my way back I decide to take Paddock to 75 South back rather than back through Norwood lateral/Oakley... So as I put my turn signal on to merge over to the left hand turning lane out of no where psycho crack nappa-ho is in on my a*s honking the horn and shit, cursing me, throwing her arms out the window flip-n me off, thrashing around in her car like she's having a frig'n epileptic attack. I'm like what in the hell? I guess b/c I didn't cut over fast enough into the turning lane she had the crack meltdown... it was ridiculous. I thought she was going to shoot me or something. Did I mention I had three kids in the car? So now I'm like hurrying my ass left onto 75 south and getting out of her path... She followed me on my ass carrying on the whole way...75 was backed up to hell so I really couldn't get out of her path... Of course, I decide to go 75 and there was a frig'n trailor that turned over on 71 somewhere this afternoon! I'll have to admit that for a minute, I was worried for my safety.... The thought did enter my mind that she could have pulled up on me and shot me! Seriously!

I wish there was a law that we could just tazor stupid people when they act ignorant in public...

Now, had it been the hubby driving... He would have gotten out of the car and called her out or something... then again, he might have thought twice about that given what part of town it was in... Right?

Just pure ignorance I tell ya... What an idiot! :mad: Where's that cattle prod!

95redstang
06-16-2007, 02:34 AM
You guys/men can come off to them like that. Believe me, I want to tell them to get the &*$@ out of my face, etc. etc. etc. but I would never start a confrontation (ya never know what they're capable of...anyone for that matter). Hold that thought as I tell my story from today!

So today! I have to spend 3 1/2 hours at Houlio's Bargain Barn denistry (Small Smiles) over off Reading and Seymour...b/c our dental insurance sucks and that's about the only place that we can get three children into at the same time on my schedule... blah blah blah. Yeah. That was LOADS of fun... Then we decided to stop at that McD's b/c they're starving after the entire afternoon at Houlio's.... I kid you not when I tell you we were the only four white folk in the place...(McD's and the dentist besides the employees...). I am not racist in the least and neither are my children. There is bad white folk and bad black folk but did you notice that the black folk in the city totally act ignorant in public? Is it a contest or something to see who can cuss the most, babble shit that no one can understand, act like a thug or ho or to see whose ass falls out of they're bagging azz pants? When we left my children said to me as we're pulling out of the parking lot, why do they act like that? I said, that's just their "personality"....????

So on my way back I decide to take Paddock to 75 South back rather than back through Norwood lateral/Oakley... So as I put my turn signal on to merge over to the left hand turning lane out of no where psycho crack nappa-ho is in on my a*s honking the horn and shit, cursing me, throwing her arms out the window flip-n me off, thrashing around in her car like she's having a frig'n epileptic attack. I'm like what in the hell? I guess b/c I didn't cut over fast enough into the turning lane she had the crack meltdown... it was ridiculous. I thought she was going to shoot me or something. Did I mention I had three kids in the car? So now I'm like hurrying my ass left onto 75 south and getting out of her path... She followed me on my ass carrying on the whole way...75 was backed up to hell so I really couldn't get out of her path... Of course, I decide to go 75 and there was a frig'n trailor that turned over on 71 somewhere this afternoon! I'll have to admit that for a minute, I was worried for my safety.... The thought did enter my mind that she could have pulled up on me and shot me! Seriously!

I wish there was a law that we could just tazor stupid people when they act ignorant in public...

Now, had it been the hubby driving... He would have gotten out of the car and called her out or something... then again, he might have thought twice about that given what part of town it was in... Right?

Just pure ignorance I tell ya... What an idiot! :mad: Where's that cattle prod!
Over by the McDonalds (swifton/Roselawn) it use to be a half way decent area. the mall over there use to be called Swifton Commons. that place was always packed. They use to have killer stores in there. Then the thugs basically took over. Sometime in the mid-late 90's a bunch of little bastards literally destroyed every store in that mall..Even the black stores got hit..Looting, smashing windows, and just kicking peoples asses..I was chased out of there once by about 10-15 black kids about 17-18 yrs old. One of those kids pulled a gun on me and one of my friends over at Seymour Bowl. They just happen to recognize me even though it was 3 months prior..Bad area..Stay away if you can...

aangel
06-16-2007, 12:52 PM
I remember the Swifton Commons and when that place rocked. That was right before my Mom got sick and passed away ('86/'87' ish ?). I remember her always taking us into a Fashion Bug to shop for back-to-school clothes... I vaguely remember the many other stores around there. It's a damned shame what their own kind have done to the place.... I'd rather be downtown than in that part of town (take that back, I'd rather be way out in Adam's County or somewhere remote). Shit, even Adams County is a bunch of ate up crack / meth heads these days! I guess nowhere but your own home is safe these days? :( :( :( It is sad that I can't even let my 13 and 8 year old walk to the store or their friends house out of fear of all of the sexual predators that live on every corner in Union Township... if it's not gun-toting thugs it's child molesters...

bcoh5gt
06-16-2007, 05:24 PM
I had a brotha pull a gun on me in the cut in the hill last week b/c he cut me off hard and once I got around traffic to get beside him I tried my hardest to put him in the wall. Then he reaches towards his passenger rear window cause you know the dumbass' sit in the back seat and pointed a pistol at me. So I swerved even harder then backed way off.

Mista Bone
06-17-2007, 02:18 AM
After seeing the "hard ass wannabe" black people down here, I'd rather live in Detroit. Downtown is 80-85% black, but they don't act all hard asses. Nope, they act like normal human beings, working for a living.

Before I'll give a bum money, I'll buy him a coney, esp. around Lafayette Coney in Detroit. Only thing, the bums have to sit outside because they stink (doesn't most of Detroit?) to eat their coney.

I don't mind helping the ones who are down and out, but the wannabes looking for a easy ride.....just stay away from me.......

R825OH
06-17-2007, 11:05 AM
I have just gotten to the point where I d on,t give them a chance to start as soon as they come up to me I say NO usually they get the picture

bcoh5gt
06-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Your right sorry Kev. This is no joke I have 3 witnesses to this. We were at the same McDonalds by Spring Grove eating b/fast sat and watched a white guy looking like a bum standing on the corner with a sign, he was there almost everyday for over a year. This day we saw a woman w/2 kids in car seats in a very nice Lexus pull into the lot he came walking over got in the car had some food and a drink, then kissed her and the 2 kids before getting out and back on the street with his sign.???????? So I had to know I went up to him as we were leaving he said that as long as you get a pedler?? license from the city you can bum if you are not on private propertry. Told me he made over $120k the year before and his wife don't work.??? Must be nice if any of this was actually true. I don't know that is just what he told me.

MrsAPE
06-17-2007, 09:20 PM
Your right sorry Kev. This is no joke I have 3 witnesses to this. We were at the same McDonalds by Spring Grove eating b/fast sat and watched a white guy looking like a bum standing on the corner with a sign, he was there almost everyday for over a year. This day we saw a woman w/2 kids in car seats in a very nice Lexus pull into the lot he came walking over got in the car had some food and a drink, then kissed her and the 2 kids before getting out and back on the street with his sign.???????? So I had to know I went up to him as we were leaving he said that as long as you get a pedler?? license from the city you can bum if you are not on private propertry. Told me he made over $120k the year before and his wife don't work.??? Must be nice if any of this was actually true. I don't know that is just what he told me.

would not suprise me at all!! sad!

BigBadStang
06-18-2007, 10:24 AM
when i worked for coke i had a route in westwood/price hill/english woods. i was constantly asked for money. but i knew it would be like feeding the bears at the park, so i tried to be cool about it and tell them i carried no money since i had to be back there every week. but when working downtown, i have had guys come up and pat me on the leg trying to see if i had a wad of money (coke's money) in my front pants pocket. i would take the cash from cash paying accounts and buy money orders when in bad parts of town.

WE are responsible for our own safety...CCW is the way to legally protect yourself and your family. you are allowed to legally carry concealed in your car now in ohio.

aangel
06-18-2007, 12:30 PM
So, I'm CCW and some piece of crap approaches me... Where do you draw the line? I mean, you can carry a weapon around on you at all times. What if you pull it out and they have one too? It just seems that it could "backfire" on ya...?

Scary situation either way you look at it, right?

BigBadStang
06-18-2007, 02:41 PM
if you are in fear for your, or a family members life, and feel as though someone is going to do you bodily harm you have the duty to retreat(unless in your own home or business)before using deadly force.(the duty to retreat is open to debate due to different circumstances at the time) and you only pull the weapon with intent of using deadly force. not to hurt or wound or scare. and you are not to use deadly force to prevent loss of material "things". obviously its more complex than i can post here, but it is all spelled out in the ccw laws of ohio, which you are required to know before applying for your ccw license. if you were just to "introduce" a gun into a situation, you would give the thug time to draw his own, but if you are pulling your weapon because you are in fear for your life, and you have no means to retreat, then you pull the weapon and FIRE without hesitation. its you, or them. if your children were in danger, you would be able to do it, you just need a little training.

bottom line is we are responsible for our own safety, not the police. when the shit is hitting the fan, i would rather be armed than not.

ricmcusa
06-19-2007, 05:05 PM
if you are in fear for your, or a family members life, and feel as though someone is going to do you bodily harm you have the duty to retreat(unless in your own home or business)before using deadly force.(the duty to retreat is open to debate due to different circumstances at the time) and you only pull the weapon with intent of using deadly force. not to hurt or wound or scare. and you are not to use deadly force to prevent loss of material "things". obviously its more complex than i can post here, but it is all spelled out in the ccw laws of ohio, which you are required to know before applying for your ccw license. if you were just to "introduce" a gun into a situation, you would give the thug time to draw his own, but if you are pulling your weapon because you are in fear for your life, and you have no means to retreat, then you pull the weapon and FIRE without hesitation. its you, or them. if your children were in danger, you would be able to do it, you just need a little training.

bottom line is we are responsible for our own safety, not the police. when the shit is hitting the fan, i would rather be armed than not.
Hit the nail on the head.:bigthumb

95redstang
06-19-2007, 05:33 PM

Bad thing is Coke would rather you put your life on the line instead of losing their precious pop or money...

BigBadStang
06-20-2007, 03:45 AM
Bad thing is Coke would rather you put your life on the line instead of losing their precious pop or money...

yeah... they (coke supervisors) would lead you to believe that if robbed, it wouldnt be held against you. but in reality, if you were robbed, and the suspect was not brought to justice, they would payroll deduct the amount of cash, or the full list price of the product (BEFORE discounts not even close to what the retailer pays) stolen in "easy bi-weekly installments". had some cracky steal my 2-wheeler OFF THE TRUCK once, they deducted $50 a pay period for 3 periods for the cost of the 2 wheeler, and charged me with an incident and made me go for a drug test.
glad to be outta there!

aangel
06-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Wish me luck as I'm headed back down to the ghetto at 2:30.... :o