PDA

View Full Version : Warning! Un-Marked Police Cruisers in the area...

Katmandu
06-13-2007, 11:52 AM
I just read this Topic on another local forum.....

http://www.streetracingdayton.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26778

Any of you folks see the Franklin Co.'s new UN-marked Chargers/Magnums running around ??

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-13-2007, 01:19 PM
I was just driving through Beechmont yesterday and there was a mid '90s Crown Vic with nothing anywhere that would say it was a cruiser, but inside you could see all the guy's computer and equipment and he was in uniform..

Black Hole
06-13-2007, 03:14 PM
I've seen unmarked cars out on patrol in Kentucky and Indiana. I had a green Camaro next to me on the way home from picking my 01 Cobra up down in Kentucky. ;)

Here in Ohio, I've never seen an unmarked car out on patrol.....but in some departments, officers have the power to pull over a vehicle when in their marked car or when in uniform. I belive it all depends on the local laws.

Black92LX
06-13-2007, 04:14 PM
For informational it is legal in the state of Ohio to be pulled over by an unmarked car, though many people believe that it is not. For some reason it is just not common practice.
We do it all the time down here:lol:

PaulFiveOh
06-13-2007, 05:15 PM
So what would happen if I did not pull over for an Unmarked cruiser who just had an internal light bar on the dash?

Would he call a marked cruiser to pull me over?

Holly
06-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Here in Ohio, I've never seen an unmarked car out on patrol.....

I see them all the time, they think they are incognito. The tinted windows give them away.
:lol:

MrsAPE
06-13-2007, 05:26 PM
I see them all the time, they think they are incognito. The tinted windows give them away.
:lol:

thought that was the mafia or the fbi?! :lol:

Black92LX
06-13-2007, 05:53 PM
So what would happen if I did not pull over for an Unmarked cruiser who just had an internal light bar on the dash?

depends on if one is available or the surrounding situation.

DeckerEnt
06-13-2007, 06:15 PM

Ever heard of the pit manuver? LOL
Keith

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-13-2007, 06:17 PM
I don't know about you guys, but i pretty much take notice any time i so much as see Crown Vic/Marquis head lights...so unmarked or not, chances are i see them before they see me doing anything stupid.

Katmandu
06-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Here in Ohio, I've never seen an unmarked car out on patrol.....but in some departments, officers have the power to pull over a vehicle when in their marked car or when in uniform. I belive it all depends on the local laws. I can personally vogue for the law on OSP cruisers.

The State Legislature does NOT allow Un-marked OSP cruisers for "normal" traffic patrol. However, as stated above a Trooper in an Un-marked cruiser DOES posses full Authority to pull a violator over.

Un-marked OSP cruisers are assigned to the "Brass" (Lt and above).

Also according to State Law. ALL OSP cruisers MUST be fully visible and also have their lights on during night time patrol. This means a Trooper can NOT hide out behind bridges and can NOT sit in the median with his cruisers lights off.

BTW, I served with the OSP from 1992-1998 as an Aux.Trooper. :bigthumb

Katmandu
06-13-2007, 08:02 PM
I don't know about you guys, but i pretty much take notice any time i so much as see Crown Vic/Marquis head lights...so unmarked or not, LOL!! I LOVED driving my old 97 P71! Check it out...

http://www.katmanduonline.net/albums/MyOldP71/

http://www.katmanduonline.net/albums/MyOldP71/photos/photo14.jpg
http://www.katmanduonline.net/albums/MyOldP71/photos/photo18.jpg

PaulFiveOh
06-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Screw That. That makes me angry as hell.

Guess what, I can take an Interceptor, buy a light bar for the front, and now what in the fuck is different between me and an unmarked OSP.

Fuck That. I will NEVER pull over unless I see insignias or badges etc.
Infact, I would call 911 and let them know what is going on.

I mean come one what the hell, some crazy effen pshyco path could easily put some lights on a vic and attempt to pull some one over.

Chunk94GT
06-13-2007, 08:07 PM
March of 06 i got a ticket on Waterson Expressway in Louisville by a Silver Camaro that was operated by a Louisville Metro Patrol. On I-65, Gene Snyder Freeway, and Waterson Expressway in Louisville they use any and everything to patrol. Mostly Camaros that range from Dark Green to silver to like a Gunmetal color.

I always wonder about car being unmarked cause KSP always had some kind of notice on the car that stated that is was a State Police car, but louisville's camaros have nothing on them that state what they are.

Josh

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Screw That. That makes me angry as hell.

Guess what, I can take an Interceptor, buy a light bar for the front, and now what in the fuck is different between me and an unmarked OSP.

Fuck That. I will NEVER pull over unless I see insignias or badges etc.
Infact, I would call 911 and let them know what is going on.

I mean come one what the hell, some crazy effen pshyco path could easily put some lights on a vic and attempt to pull some one over.

Yeah i feel uneasy about it too. The fact that any psycho can buy an auction SSP Crown Vic and throw a Kmart blue light special on the dash and pull people over with it...that doesn't settle well with my nerves.

PaulFiveOh
06-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Yeah i feel uneasy about it too. The fact that any psycho can buy an auction SSP Crown Vic and throw a Kmart blue light special on the dash and pull people over with it...that doesn't settle well with my nerves.

Yea It does not with me at all. So much to the point that I am visually angry about the information on this thread. And I know that if I did not pull over, my luck I would get Evading/Eluding and other shit.....or lol he would pit me at 65mph....haha.

Katmandu
06-14-2007, 06:57 AM
Yea It does not with me at all. So much to the point that I am visually angry about the information on this thread. And I know that if I did not pull over, my luck I would get Evading/Eluding and other shit.....or lol he would pit me at 65mph....haha.
Paul, check out this reply I copied off of SRD.com

12sLX

In ohio a unmarked cop car can not write you a ticket. He can hold you till a marked car comes up. And also if you don't want to pull over you also don't have to pull over for a unmarked cop car. Ohio state laws say that a person has the right to be pulled over by a marked police car, insuring the person's saftey. Anyone can install lights in their car and pull people over to rob/rap/kill them and the person thought it was a cop car. So Ohio says that we have the right to not pull over for a unmarked cop car. I know this first hand, i got pulled over in New Carlise by an unmarked and he gave me a ticket. I went to a lawyer freind and he told me to tell the judge it was a unmarked copcar and it would be thrown out. Sure enough i went to court he said what do you plee "i said no contest, I was speeding but the officer that pulled me over was in an unmarked police vehical." The judge said no fines no points, dismissed and slow down!
I asked a few cops about it and they said the thing to do is call 911 while your being pulled over and ask them to verify the vehical is a cop.

BTW, If you want to know more about the problem of Police Impersonators and the havoc they can cause check out .....www.crownvic.net

I used to be a Moderator over there a few years back.

02mingryGT
06-14-2007, 07:25 AM
March of 06 i got a ticket on Waterson Expressway in Louisville by a Silver Camaro that was operated by a Louisville Metro Patrol. On I-65, Gene Snyder Freeway, and Waterson Expressway in Louisville they use any and everything to patrol. Mostly Camaros that range from Dark Green to silver to like a Gunmetal color.

I always wonder about car being unmarked cause KSP always had some kind of notice on the car that stated that is was a State Police car, but louisville's camaros have nothing on them that state what they are.

Josh

Was going to Atlanta a couple of years back with me brother for 4th of July to see my cousin and we came up on a unmarked suburban. We were running about 90 at the time and when we were coming up on him he flicked his blue's on to let us know he was a cop and slow the hell down and don't pass him. Since he was running about 80-85 it wasn't a big deal so we slid in behind him. Well some guy in a camaro I guess that either didn't see him flash the blue's or said the hell with that blasted past him and got pulled over. Worked out great for us because then we bumped it back up to 90. :lol: This was about 20-30 miles north of the Tenn border.

Holly
06-14-2007, 08:24 AM
I went to the Gap Outlet in Hebron yesterday after work. I was driving on 275 (west) and was in the far right lane and this unmarked cop car (with tinted windows ;) comes flying up behind me (there were 2 other cars behind me, but I could see him in my rear view mirror). He worked his way in between the two other cars and pulled the person behind me over! I knew I was not speeding, I think the guy was speeding back near the 275/75 interchange, and he caught him by the airport exit, he tried to hide in between me and the car behind me. It didn't work. :lol:

PaulFiveOh
06-14-2007, 08:43 AM
Paul, check out this reply I copied off of SRD.com....

I feel alot safer now, thanks, thats good info.

beefcake
06-14-2007, 09:06 AM
gotta watch out for the ticket mongers lol

Black92LX
06-14-2007, 10:24 AM
12sLX

In ohio a unmarked cop car can not write you a ticket. He can hold you till a marked car comes up. And also if you don't want to pull over you also don't have to pull over for a unmarked cop car. Ohio state laws say that a person has the right to be pulled over by a marked police car, insuring the person's saftey. Anyone can install lights in their car and pull people over to rob/rap/kill them and the person thought it was a cop car. So Ohio says that we have the right to not pull over for a unmarked cop car. I know this first hand, i got pulled over in New Carlise by an unmarked and he gave me a ticket. I went to a lawyer freind and he told me to tell the judge it was a unmarked copcar and it would be thrown out. Sure enough i went to court he said what do you plee "i said no contest, I was speeding but the officer that pulled me over was in an unmarked police vehical." The judge said no fines no points, dismissed and slow down!
I asked a few cops about it and they said the thing to do is call 911 while your being pulled over and ask them to verify the vehical is a cop.

I do not believe this is state statute and unless one can back it up with a specific quoting of the Ohio Revised Code I would not pass it out as such. If you decide to just keep going with out any acknowledgement to the officer you can find yourself in a heap of trouble. Especially if you are in another state where it is common practice to use unmarked. I tell you that if you just wanted to keep going on me with no acknowledgement that when you do get stopped. It will be a full blown felony exit. My gun pointed at the car with you being ordered out in specific commands over the PA. Proned out on the gorund and the second I approach you will be handcuffed until I investigate further.
Many of you will say well just call for a marked unit. What if there is no other unit. Down here in some parts of KY another unit might be 45 minutes to an hour away. That doesn't happen where I work we generally always have backup available but not all places work like we do.
You do have the legal right to pull over in a place where you feel safe. In this instance you are to immediatly turn on your flashers and drive just below the speed limit. In today's cellphone age it is best to call 911 and advise of your situation.

And all those freaking out about getting pulled over by an unmarked. It happens ALL THE TIME in everyother state besides Ohio. It's not the fiasco that everyone makes it out to be.
Our entire traffic unit is unmarked. No vinyl no nothing only some LEDs in the dash and the rear.

95redstang
06-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Do not pull over for an unmarked car unless, it's in a well lit area and somewhere that there is a lot of people.. Even call 911 and tell them what is going on. You have no idea who is driving that damn car. There are so many idiots out there driving unmarked cop cars. I see so many black kids around Forest Park with these damn cars. There was a guy a couple years ago that bought a Grand Marquis that was pulling women over and fondeling them. I think he even raped 1 or 2...

Black92LX
06-14-2007, 11:16 AM
I see so many black kids around Forest Park with these damn cars.

And the relevance there is? Black people drive all sorts of cars

95redstang
06-14-2007, 11:20 AM
And the relevance there is? Black people drive all sorts of cars

I started to edit that commment because I knew some smart ass would say that. If you go to Forest Park you will see what I am talking about. I live in Fairfield and I have to go into Forest Park quite a bit.

Mista Bone
06-14-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm digging thru the ORC............

4549.15 Distinctive uniform for traffic officers.
Every member of the state highway patrol and every other peace officer, while such officer is on duty for the exclusive or main purpose of enforcing motor vehicle or traffic laws of this state, provided the offense is punishable as a misdemeanor, shall wear a distinctive uniform. The superintendent of the patrol shall specify what constitutes such a distinctive uniform for the state highway patrol.

Effective Date: 10-25-1979

Black92LX
06-14-2007, 11:27 AM
I started to edit that commment because I knew some smart ass would say that. If you go to Forest Park you will see what I am talking about. I live in Fairfield and I have to go into Forest Park quite a bit.

Tons of old men drive crown vics too? What is your point?

Mista Bone
06-14-2007, 11:30 AM
OAC, Ohio Administration Code

311-3-01 Vehicle markings.
(A) All marked vehicles of Ohio county sheriffs purchased or placed into service on or after the effective date of this rule shall be black. Specialty vehicles, such as SWAT vans, crime scene vehicles, mobile command posts, ATV’s, and bicycles, shall be black when practical.

(B) All standard and optional vehicle markings shall conform substantially to the standards for design, color, and placement prescribed by this rule. Measurements and placement may be adjusted in proportion to the size and shape of the vehicle.

(C) All standard and optional vehicle markings shall be produced on yellow 3M Scotchlite™ reflective material, item 680-91 or 580-91. Instructions for application shall be provided with each order.

(D) All marked vehicles of Ohio county sheriffs shall display the following standard car markings:

(1) A five point star, eighteen inches wide, shall be placed on each front door, one inch from the front quarter panel. The star shall be screen-printed with six ink colors: P.M.S. 485 red, process blue, emerald green (P.M.S. 341), P.M.S. 462 brown, white, and reflex blue.

Each star will have a P.M.S 485 red edge border. The design of the great seal of the state shall be reproduced in full color in the center of each star. The design of the great seal shall consist of the coat of arms of the state printed in reflex blue, emerald green (P.M.S. 341), white, and P.M.S. 462 brown. The coat of arms shall be surrounded by the words, “THE GREAT SEAL OF THE STATE OF OHIO,” printed in white with an reflex blue frame.

The great seal shall be surrounded by a circular border in which the name of the county is printed in uppercase letters below the great seal and the word “SHERIFF” is printed above the seal. The lettering shall be reflex blue. The name of the sheriff, printed in reflex blue uppercase letters, may be placed in a custom-designed rocker panel above the word “SHERIFF.”

(2) The word “SHERIFF,” produced on a forty-five inch pre-aligned, pre-spaced panel, shall be placed on the front and rear vehicle doors, parallel to the ground.

(a) The panel shall be positioned so that no letter is split between the doors of the vehicle. On the driver’s side, the word “SHERIFF” should begin approximately four inches to the right of the star prescribed in paragraph (D) (1) of this rule. On the passenger’s side. The word “sheriff” should end approximately four inches to the right of the star.

(b) The lettering shall be seven inches high, uppercase, in Isbella bold type, with a ten degree right slant. The word “SHERIFF” will slant toward the rear of the vehicle on the driver’s side and toward the front of the vehicle on the passenger’s side.

(3) Striping in two and one-half inch and one inch widths shall be applied to the two front quarter panels and the two rear quarter panels, in alignment with the seven inch high “SHERIFF” panels on the doors. Striping shall not extend onto the door panels.

(a) Striping shall be placed on the front quarter panels as follows: The top stripe shall be two and one-half inches wide with the top of the stripe level with the top of the word “SHERIFF” on the doors; the middle stripe shall be one inch wide and placed one and one-half inches below the top stripe; the bottom stripe shall be one inch wide and placed one inch below the middle stripe; the distance from the top of the top stripe to the bottom of the bottom stripe shall be seven inches.

(b) Striping shall be placed on the rear quarter panels as follows: The top stripe shall be one inch wide with the top of the stripe level with the top of the word “SHERIFF” on the doors; the middle stripe shall be one inch wide and placed one inch below the top stripe; the bottom stripe shall be two and one-half inches wide and placed one and one-half inches below the middle stripe; the distance from the top of the top stripe to the bottom of the bottom stripe shall be seven inches.

(4) A first to serve decal shall be placed on each rear quarter panel, centered vertically on the bottom stripe and horizontally between the rear wheel well and the taillight. The template for placement of the decal shall have instructions for placement and for removal of the existing stripe area.

The first to serve decal shall be produced on an oval patch ten inches wide and 6.68 inches high. The decal shall be screen-printed in seven colors: white, P.M.S. 485 red, reflex blue, process blue, emerald green (P.M.S. 341), P.M.S. 462 brown, and translucent black.

The logo of the buckeye state sheriffs’ association (BSSA), consisting of an outline of the state of Ohio, the Ohio flag, and a badge, shall be reproduced in the center of the decal on a black background. The BSSA logo shall be 3.81 inches wide and 3.75 inches high. The flag shall have seventeen white stars in the blue field and six white and six red stripes. The badge shall be a five-point star with the great seal of the state of Ohio depicted in the center. The design of the great seal shall conform to the requirements of section 5.101 of the Revised Code.

The phrase “FIRST TO SERVE” shall arch above the BSSA logo and the phrase “SINCE 1788” shall arch below. The lettering shall be uppercase, Times 61.4834 point type.

(5) Front and rear license plates shall have the following markings:

(a) The word “SHERIFF” shall appear in one inch high reflective letters, being zurich bold centered at the top of the plate,

(b) An Ohio shape being P.M.S. 109 yellow shall be located on the left side of the plate,

(c) The designated county number, in P.M.S. 485 red numbers two inches high, shall be placed within the Ohio shape,

(d) A vehicle number, in reflective numbers, being zurich bold with a red border, three inches high, shall be placed on the right side of the plate,

(e) A P.M.S. 109yellow border shall frame the entire plate.

(6) The word “SHERIFF,” produced on a twenty-seven inch pre-aligned, pre-spaced panel, shall be centered on the trunk deck lid of each marked vehicle. The lettering shall be three inches high, in uppercase “ISBELLA” bold type, with a ten degree right slant.

(E) County sheriffs may employ the following optional vehicle markings:

(1) The assigned vehicle number may be placed on the roof of the vehicle to render it visible from the air,

(2) The name of a political subdivision for which a sheriff provides services by contract may be placed on both upper rear quarter panels, parallel to the ground, in Isbella bold lettering one and one-half inches high,

(F) All marked vehicles of Ohio county sheriffs shall be equipped with one of the following emergency light combinations:

(1) Alternating red and blue; or

(2) Alternating red, blue and white.

(G) The sheriff may install emergency lights as prescribed by paragraph (F) of this rule on transportation and other specialty vehicles.

(H) The sheriff may assign unmarked cars to investigators and others whose duties make secrecy desirable.
HISTORY: Eff 7-1-76; 7-21-79; 12-15-01

Rule promulgated under: RC 111.15

Rule authorized by: RC 311.28

Replaces: former 311-3-01

R.C. 119.032 review dates: DEC 15 2006

Black92LX
I'm digging thru the ORC............

4549.15 Distinctive uniform for traffic officers.
Every member of the state highway patrol and every other peace officer, while such officer is on duty for the exclusive or main purpose of enforcing motor vehicle or traffic laws of this state, provided the offense is punishable as a misdemeanor, shall wear a distinctive uniform. The superintendent of the patrol shall specify what constitutes such a distinctive uniform for the state highway patrol.

Effective Date: 10-25-1979

That is for traffic officers only meaning that really only covers Ohio Highway Patrol. Most beat Officers main purpose is not to enforce traffic or vehicle laws.

95redstang
Tons of old men drive crown vics too? What is your point?

My point is do not pull over for a guy in an unmarked car smart ass. They could be an OLD ASS MAN or a young black kid up to no good. How is that? Is that better for you smart guy?

Black92LX
06-14-2007, 11:35 AM
My point is do not pull over for a guy in an unmarked car smart ass. They could be an OLD ASS MAN or a young black kid up to no good. How is that? Is that better for you smart guy?

Listen partner I am just curious why the black refernece was made it.
As for your point I can tell you THAT IS A VERY BAD IDEA! Call 911 turn your flashers on and get to a lit area but pull over! I can not stress this enough don't just keep going.

Mista Bone
06-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Fact: When pulled over you only have to roll down your window enough to pass info thru to the officer

Fact: You can ask for THEIR I.D.

Fact: If you doubt the officer is real, politely inform the officer you are calling 911 to verify.

ALWAYS keep your seat belt on and hands in plain sight.

You can also request for a second officer or to drive to the police station if it's reasonable.

95redstang
06-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Listen partner I am just curious why the black refernece was made it.
As for your point I can tell you THAT IS A VERY BAD IDEA! Call 911 turn your flashers on and get to a lit area but pull over! I can not stress this enough don't just keep going.

I do believe that I did say to call 911 and or get to a well lit area. You are more than welcome to go back and check some of my posts if you would like. Try doing this instead of being some smart ass 5 ft nothing tough guy cop...

Mista Bone
06-14-2007, 11:39 AM
That is for traffic officers only meaning that really only covers Ohio Highway Patrol. Most beat Officers main purpose is not to enforce traffic or vehicle laws.

did you read it fully?

Every member of the state highway patrol and every other peace officer,

BigBadStang
06-14-2007, 11:46 AM
And all those freaking out about getting pulled over by an unmarked. It happens ALL THE TIME in everyother state besides Ohio. It's not the fiasco that everyone makes it out to be.
Our entire traffic unit is unmarked. No vinyl no nothing only some LEDs in the dash and the rear.

while that may be common place in Kentucky and other states, it is NOT common place here in Ohio, and i would be wary being pulled over in Ohio by ANY unmarked vehicle, and would call 911 immediately, and proceed at a slowed pace with flashers on, until getting confirmation. i have instructed all driving members of my family to do this if ever being pulled over by an unmarked/"fishy looking" unit.

and impersonation of an officer DOES happen. there have been reports of it happening on occassion in this area within the last year. we are all responsible for our own safety, so better to err on the side of caution. ;)

Black92LX
06-14-2007, 11:56 AM
I do believe that I did say to call 911 and or get to a well lit area. You are more than welcome to go back and check some of my posts if you would like. Try doing this instead of being some smart ass 5 ft nothing tough guy cop...

But in your post you have yet to acknowledge to the Officer why you are not stopping. I agree call 911 get to a lit area BUT TURN ON YOUR FLASHERS!!!
Give the officer some sort of acknowledgement.
Just for clarification I am 6'2"
And I am not sure why you are making personal attacks. I am just posting against your suggestions that can get people in more trouble than they already may be.

Black92LX
06-14-2007, 11:59 AM
did you read it fully?

Did you read it fully???

Every member of the state highway patrol and every other peace officer, while such officer is on duty for the exclusive or main purpose of enforcing motor vehicle or traffic laws of this state,

The part about such officer is on duty for the exclusive or main purpose is the part to be most concerned about. Your standard patrol officers main purpose is not traffic or vehicle enforcement but can still make stops.

Black92LX
06-14-2007, 12:02 PM
while that may be common place in Kentucky and other states, it is NOT common place here in Ohio, and i would be wary being pulled over in Ohio by ANY unmarked vehicle, and would call 911 immediately, and proceed at a slowed pace with flashers on, until getting confirmation. i have instructed all driving members of my family to do this if ever being pulled over by an unmarked/"fishy looking" unit.

and impersonation of an officer DOES happen. there have been reports of it happening on occassion in this area within the last year. we are all responsible for our own safety, so better to err on the side of caution. ;)

Iunderstand that impersanation happens. That's why I advised if you feel uncomfortable turn on your flashers, call 911, and pull over in a well lit area.
Just to keep going with no acknowledgement of the officer is a terrible idea.
As for Ohio not being able to pull people over in unmarked cars NO ONE has brought a specific quote of the Ohio Revised Code to my attention yet

Black92LX
06-14-2007, 12:09 PM
OK HERE IS THE DEAL!!!

I just got off the phone with a Sgt. Kelly of The Ohio State Highway Patrol.

YOU CAN BE PULLED OVER IN OHIO BY AN UNMARKED CAR!!!!!!!!!! There is not statute prohibiting it!!!!

The way it reads "while such officer is on duty for the exclusive or main purpose of enforcing motor vehicle or traffic laws of this state"

Means that any officer not specifically assigned to VEHICLE enforcement CAN pull you over in an unmarked vehicle!!!
(ie. I am a patrol officer my main purpose is to respond to dispatched calls. There if I were an officer in Ohio with this title and happened to be in an unmarked car i could pull you over.)

Listen folks I am not arguing just for the sake of argument here. Not pulling over or acknowledging that I am attempting to pull you over is a HUGE red flag for me as an officer. I just wouldn't want someone here to get hemmed up for listeing to ill advised comments to just keep going because an unmarked unit can't pull you over, because that is completely untrue.

95redstang
06-14-2007, 12:29 PM
But in your post you have yet to acknowledge to the Officer why you are not stopping. I agree call 911 get to a lit area BUT TURN ON YOUR FLASHERS!!!
Give the officer some sort of acknowledgement.
Just for clarification I am 6'2"
And I am not sure why you are making personal attacks. I am just posting against your suggestions that can get people in more trouble than they already may be.

You were basically calling me a racist dude..Check the posts. I was stating a fact about a lot of black kids in Forest Park are driving cars that could pass as undercover police cars.

Mista Bone
06-14-2007, 12:37 PM
Guess you didn't pay attention to the white and latinos driving the same cheap cars.

I live near Hamilton and John Gray, not just blacks driving the old police cars.

"Thats profiling, and profiling is bad"

I can get an answer when mom gets home. Ex-neighbor has been an undercover detective in Butler County for 15+ years.

Black Hole
06-14-2007, 01:43 PM
I can get an answer when mom gets home. Ex-neighbor has been an undercover detective in Butler County for 15+ years.
Jeremy just posted the answer.

I trust a friend who is also a Kentucky LEO getting an answer from Sgt. Kelly of The Ohio State Highway Patrol more than I'm going to trust your mom's ex-neighbor. :HYF:

Maybe if Joe or Terry would post in here we could have the opinion of a Cincy cop and/or Hamilton County Sherrif.

BigBadStang
06-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Iunderstand that impersanation happens. That's why I advised if you feel uncomfortable turn on your flashers, call 911, and pull over in a well lit area.
Just to keep going with no acknowledgement of the officer is a terrible idea.
As for Ohio not being able to pull people over in unmarked cars NO ONE has brought a specific quote of the Ohio Revised Code to my attention yet

i know we can be pulled over by an unmarked unit in Ohio, but my point is that it happens very infrequently, and if encountering this situation, take the proper measures to protect ones own personal safety, thats all i was saying.

Black92LX
06-14-2007, 02:27 PM
You were basically calling me a racist dude..Check the posts. I was stating a fact about a lot of black kids in Forest Park are driving cars that could pass as undercover police cars.

never did i mention racism at all or call you as such?? All I asked was the relevance I then stated you see a lot of old men driving the vehicles as well (i did not mention race) I was inquiring about your comment to find out the relevance. I saw none and still see none in your comment. No offense was meant to be given. I wa just curious as to what relevance it had, so I figured I would ask you the original poster of the comment.

i know we can be pulled over by an unmarked unit in Ohio, but my point is that it happens very infrequently, and if encountering this situation, take the proper measures to protect ones own personal safety, thats all i was saying.
Then we are 100% on the same page. Not you inparticular but others that were posting made it seem that you cannont be pulled over in Ohio by an unmarked car and if it were to happen one should just keep on driving.
I wanted folks to be aware that is would not be good practice as you could find yourself in a very bad situation if one doesn't follow a proper procedure.

95redstang
06-14-2007, 02:41 PM
never did i mention racism at all or call you as such?? All I asked was the relevance I then stated you see a lot of old men driving the vehicles as well (i did not mention race) I was inquiring about your comment to find out the relevance. I saw none and still see none in your comment. No offense was meant to be given. I wa just curious as to what relevance it had, so I figured I would ask you the original poster of the comment.

Then we are 100% on the same page. Not you inparticular but others that were posting made it seem that you cannont be pulled over in Ohio by an unmarked car and if it were to happen one should just keep on driving.
I wanted folks to be aware that is would not be good practice as you could find yourself in a very bad situation if one doesn't follow a proper procedure.

I don't believe I said keep driving...I was saying call 911 and or get to a well lit area where you can be seen. I have never been pulled over by an unmarked car. Actually I was in a car that was stopped by one. So I know it is quite rare but it does happen. I'm not telling people to ignore the law by any means. I would hate to see somebody get pulled over by some jackass looking to take advantage of somebody or rape somebodies mom, wife, sister, or aunt...There are way to many idiots out there..

Black92LX
06-14-2007, 02:46 PM
I don't believe I said keep driving...I was saying call 911 and or get to a well lit area where you can be seen.

You keep forgetting the most important part though. FLASHERS! or some sort of acknowledgement to the officer that you are not just continuing to drive.

Katmandu
06-14-2007, 03:50 PM
You keep forgetting the most important part though. FLASHERS! or some sort of acknowledgement to the officer that you are not just continuing to drive.I totally agree. You MUST give the Officer (IF it is a REAL Officer) some type of acknowledgment that you KNOW he is behind you!

An Officer has NO IDEA what is going on inside a driver's head when they attempt to pull him/her over. Giving the Officer some type of "heads up" is a big PLUS for you!

That being said, how would you (any of you) feel if your daughter, wife or other female loved one were out driving ALONE in B.F.E. and just happened to have an Un-Marked car attempt to stop her ??????

How would you feel ???

Nowadays with as many nutcase people that are out there, I told my wife to what Black92LX advised. TURN ON YOUR FLASHERS. I also just her told to Call 911 ASAP and proceed to an area where there are PEOPLE and be sure it is WELL LITE UP!

I also believe with the recent rapid increase here in Ohio of Un-Marked Police Cruisers, it is CRUCIAL that some type of Public Education take place on this issue!!

I suggest folks (right now) write letters to the Editors of your local papers and contact your local authorities asking them to please EDUCATE the Public about this!!