PDA

View Full Version : local hero

wht_stang
06-13-2007, 05:37 PM
just thought i'd post this up here. I'm sure most of you heard about the kid in Iraq that save his battalion from the explosive dump truck. His name is Brandon Rork. I post this because i grew up with him in Norwood. Him, his brother Carl, and cousin Dennis. We were all in boy scouts together for years and were pretty close till I moved away. It just makes me feel really proud that i got to be a part of his life and a part of what shaped him to who he is now.

MrsAPE
06-13-2007, 09:16 PM
that was awesome when i heard that on the news. great guy it sounds like. sure many are thankful he was where he was!!

DeckerEnt
06-13-2007, 11:13 PM
He was doing his job and doing it very well. I salute all our troops. They are all heros in my book.
Keith

Pops Fun
06-13-2007, 11:42 PM
He was doing his job and doing it very well. I salute all our troops. They are all heros in my book.
Keith

:agree:

02mingryGT
06-14-2007, 07:31 AM
:agree:

+2:agree:

Holly
06-14-2007, 08:21 AM
I heard that on the news yesterday morning, they interviewed his mom. He saved a lot of lives, that's awesome. :coo1:

stroked4eyes
06-14-2007, 09:49 AM
I haven't heard anything about this...please share the story if you don't mind.

wht_stang
06-14-2007, 12:15 PM
I haven't heard anything about this...please share the story if you don't mind.

well here's the short version he was at his post gaurd tower manning the machine gun and a dump truck took a direct turn towards the base him and another kid opened fire on it trying to stop it they finally got it stopped just inside the gate and the driver had gotten to the back of the truck they shot him in the leg and later they found that he had an explosive vest on and the dump truck was filled with about 2.5 TONS of explosives enough to level everything around it another cool thing is after they took the truck out and blew it up they gave the two guys a key to the truck (there was two keys) i am so proud of this kid he wasn't the brightest kid while we were growing up but he was the type that would dive into anything no matter what the risk and that really showed that day

wht_stang
06-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Keith

yeah he was doing his job very well and im sure that us all being in the scouts together had a big impact on him being able to do that cause being brave like that is kinda what the scouts was about and he even said in an interview that he was just doing his job and i believe that the true heros are the ones that come home horizontally

stroked4eyes
06-14-2007, 12:59 PM
well here's the short version he was at his post gaurd tower manning the machine gun and a dump truck took a direct turn towards the base him and another kid opened fire on it trying to stop it they finally got it stopped just inside the gate and the driver had gotten to the back of the truck they shot him in the leg and later they found that he had an explosive vest on and the dump truck was filled with about 2.5 TONS of explosives enough to level everything around it another cool thing is after they took the truck out and blew it up they gave the two guys a key to the truck (there was two keys) i am so proud of this kid he wasn't the brightest kid while we were growing up but he was the type that would dive into anything no matter what the risk and that really showed that day

That is a cool story!!

REDHOTGTGIRL
06-14-2007, 02:13 PM
That is really cool! I am so grateful for the sacrifices our troops are making.

Katmandu
06-14-2007, 03:15 PM
I agree. ALL are Heros! He did an outstanding job and reacted to his training. :bigthumb

Thank God we still have young people like him willing to Serve our Country. http://www.katmanduonline.net/smilies/usa.gif

As a former Boy Scout myself, I'm CERTAIN his experiences with them helped significantly provided the backbone of his moral values! All kids should experience Scouting IMHO. :cool2:

MrsAPE
06-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Do you have an address for him?! Maybe us SBZ peeps can send him a package?! What do you think?!

wht_stang
06-15-2007, 05:15 PM
i'll try to find out if i can i haven't talked to him in years