PDA

View Full Version : Summit racing

1_slo_92
06-15-2007, 06:31 AM
Ok I seen a thread a few days ago where some people were wondering about the service on summit racings end.

I will be doing more buisness with them after my incounter with them on tuesday!!!

I ordered a pair of headers that were in stock. I places the order at exactly 1:03 P.M.

I recieved them at exactly 10:07 on wednesday! Not even 24 hours.

Now I paid for ground shipping which is 2-4 buisness days but UPS said that since the majority of us live in ohio when we order (as long as the item is in stock) it will get here in one day or less (as the case here) since there warehouse is in northern ohio.

This is pending that you do not order in shipping peak times (Holidays)

In summary, Great customer service, easy and fast ordering, and even faster shipping (not literally but c'mon 19 hours on ground service!!) and a pretty good price to boot!

jlt2006
06-15-2007, 06:54 AM
Support your local speed shops.

1_slo_92
06-15-2007, 07:04 AM
Was going to but didn't have any time to drive to any due to the fact I live in BFE and working 40+ hours a week on 3rds and figure in family time, ect... Its hard to drive hours to get what I need. I will be on vacation next week though so Im going to be making a couple of stops along my way around on friday.

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-15-2007, 09:41 AM
Ya know....speaking of support and convenience....i would be willing to pay a little extra if Cincy Speed would ship stuff to my house....

HINT HINT HINT.

Maximus
06-15-2007, 09:43 AM
We do.......

ADAM!! I need my website finished!!:)

Carl
06-15-2007, 10:36 AM
Ya know....speaking of support and convenience....i would be willing to pay a little extra if Cincy Speed would ship stuff to my house....

HINT HINT HINT.

Craig has shipped parts to me numerous times here in NC...you just gotta ask brother!

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Dang i didn't know that....what's the deal, we pay shipping costs or what?

Like mentioned above, it's not that you're super far away (and actually i've NEVER bought from Summit) it's more like work and family take priority over pretty much everything else.

I'm much happier with person to person purchases rather than ordering from the net or a catalog.

Maximus
06-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Shipping is usually under $10. Exceptions are tires, engines, heavy stuff or over size items.

93cobra
06-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Shipping is usually under $10. Exceptions are tires, engines, heavy stuff or over size items.

Everyone needs to remember too...Jegs & summit claim free shipping...but thats not true...they have "handling charges" which are more than craig could ship to you.

so you save more at ol cincy afterwards anyway:cool1:

id support craig regardless of nickel & dime price anyway...he is the reason behind UMTR street stick which is the coolest thing i do with these mustangs

Timido
06-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Cincy Speed, MD Motorsports, Dayton5.0, Rigid Racecars, Pauls all offer goods and services and they support our site. Our suport of them is just as important as their suport of us. Track days- UMTR Cincy Speed Street Class- The Cincy Speed lane at tristate- The Stangbangerz Pinks car Powered by Dayton5.0 with a Rigid Race Cars Cage. The List goes on. The money you spend at your local speed shop helps keep the racing going.

Black Horse
06-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Summit does offer a few things Cincy Speed and the rest do not, but there is one thing you can never get at Summit - sales folk as knowledgable as those selling go-fast parts locally. We are spoiled to have such great local shops. Don't want to muck up your compliments of Summit (they do deserve accolades for quick serve and having stuff in-stock). But support of your local guys will help keep them around and they show their support by sponsoring a lot of events we participate in.

Maximus
06-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Summit does offer a few things Cincy Speed and the rest do not, but there is one thing you can never get at Summit - sales folk as knowledgable as those selling go-fast parts locally. We are spoiled to have such great local shops. Don't want to muck up your compliments of Summit (they do deserve accolades for quick serve and having stuff in-stock). But support of your local guys will help keep them around and they show their support by sponsoring a lot of events we participate in.

True that.

WhiteT
06-17-2007, 12:50 AM
I used to go to the "big guys" until I got hosed a few times on the handling fees mentioned above. I have had way better luck with the local shop. But I did get a decent cheap dual exhaust from Summit (their brand) for a car I used to have.

tim c
06-17-2007, 02:04 AM
Support your local speed shops.:agree:

Mista Bone
06-17-2007, 02:25 AM
Craig will tell you when he can't meet their price.......he's not gonna loose his ass......cracker not stupid!

But the best story of all........and shows OUR age........

Someone at Super Shops in Woodlawn bought a nitrous kit.......but Super Shops couldn't fill the bottle purchased thru them......."call Cincy Speed"........

chad393na
06-17-2007, 03:36 AM
Cincy Speed, MD Motorsports, Dayton5.0, Rigid Racecars, Pauls all offer goods and services and they support our site. Our suport of them is just as important as their suport of us. Track days- UMTR Cincy Speed Street Class- The Cincy Speed lane at tristate- The Stangbangerz Pinks car Powered by Dayton5.0 with a Rigid Race Cars Cage. The List goes on. The money you spend at your local speed shop helps keep the racing going.

:bigthumb right on! And who knows your mustang better than the shops that get the majority of their business from mustang guys!

Silver Bullet
06-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Yep, Craig will match their price when he can, if he can't he will tell you, and I still haven't minded paying more...... and a lot of times, he can even beat the prices if you give him the chance.

(Don't forget about the FREE magazines!) LOL:HYF:

BigBadStang
06-18-2007, 11:01 AM
when i was in high school(i grew up in central ohio), Jegs was a local speed shop. they stocked next to nothing for Fords, so i eventually started ordering from Summit, and would get the stuff faster than waiting for Jegs to order it in and it would be cheaper and never have to leave the house! it helped too that it was a 40 minute drive to columbus. back in 88 when i was looking for a ford motorsport 8.8 to replace the 7.5 in the 84, it was cheaper to order it from Summit, and drive up there to pick it up (gas cash included) than to order it from jegs.
i have never had nary a problem with Summit.