PDA

View Full Version : Backdating

Gene
06-15-2007, 09:58 AM
What do I need to buy to backdate my 88GT to an 85-style front end? Is it just the hood and front bumper, or do I need to replace the fenders as well.

The picture of Craig's 85 on his Myspace page keeps calling out to me. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me, but I like the look. :cool1:

RACEME
06-15-2007, 10:24 AM
Yes, but the belt molding trim is different. Are you getting rid of the side molding stuff and rear bumper or just the nose? You will also need to change out the headlight wiring ends.

Maximus
06-15-2007, 11:37 AM
OR you could just buy my 85:HYF: :lol:

Sparky
06-15-2007, 10:47 PM
The fenders are the same other than the holes for your side trim.....I think. I'm almost positive the hole patterns are different. As far as the wiring, you'll have to splice the old style pigtails in for your lights. I'm not 100% though. Trace your lighting harness back to the firewall and see if it has a master plug. I don't remember the headlamp harness being separate. If the plugs are interchangeable you may still have to re-pin a few wires.As far as sheetmetal goes, its just the hood that needs changed.

Gene
06-16-2007, 12:48 AM
Thanks guys!

OR you could just buy my 85:HYF: :lol:

I could, but the 88 is already a sorted chassis, and I've been trying to unload the damn thing for six months without any luck, so I've just been working on it instead.