PDA

View Full Version : Unemployment

Pops Fun
06-15-2007, 11:51 AM
Hi
Had an interesting morning. Went and sat in on my son Tom's unemployment appeal. Tom’s ex-employer (name not reveled) is trying again to stop Tom's unemployment. If successful Tom will have to pay back his unemployment. Tom's ex-employer has failed in his last 2 attempts. Tom can get a copy of the transcript and maybe I will post it up later. Don't have it yet. Had to be continued because his ex-employer was pretty disorganized and rambled on. (45 minutes) His lawyer had to help him focus several times. My brother Roy was there as a witness for Tom but they don't have time to call him.

The saga continues

Pops

Black92LX
06-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Good Luck to your son!

REDHOTGTGIRL
06-15-2007, 12:09 PM
Wow, that's really tough. I sure hope things work out for your son!

untamed
06-15-2007, 12:44 PM
That transcript could be interesting. I hate when they appeal that stuff when he knows darn good and well that Tom deserves payment. I bet some were suprised to see you there.LOL:D

BigBadStang
06-15-2007, 01:04 PM
best of luck to your son Pops!
the sad part is, the former employer has probably spent MORE money appealing, than the actual costs of the unemployment payments.

02mingryGT
06-15-2007, 02:37 PM
best of luck to your son Pops!
the sad part is, the former employer has probably spent MORE money appealing, than the actual costs of the unemployment payments.

I was thinking the same thing. Usually when that happens it's personal and petty.

Mista Bone
06-15-2007, 02:57 PM
LOL. I sat thru mine, quietly, it was in Tri-County.

When they asked me "what happened" I simplay stated the job requirements increased by 25% and I was only to better myself 18%, so they fired me.

Their case was denied, I continuned get my checks which mostly went to pay child support.

jlt2006
06-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Pops, I am routing for your son also, Tom that is.

And agree with 02 on the personal and petty part.

Pops Fun
06-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the posts..

It was very hard to sit there and have someone talk about my son. No hard facts, well a receipt for a $2500 cash deposit, Tom took and it didn't show up on the books in the guy's account. Tom gave it to Jenny who handled the money. Of course she just pleaded guilty this week to stealing over a 100 grand there.
Even I can figure that out!!

Pops

dedpedal
06-15-2007, 05:59 PM
I hope everything works out for everyone and the next chapter in life can begin.

Sharad
06-15-2007, 08:12 PM
wow. That's an ugly situation.

MrsAPE
06-15-2007, 11:20 PM
hope it all works out in the end. hard to sit through i bet!
hang in there!!

Goldenpony
06-16-2007, 05:36 PM
Pops,
Give my best to Tom, I sincerely hope he comes out on top. I was trying to maintain a neutral attitude, but now I won't spend any more money with Tom's former employer.

04 Venom
06-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Pops,
Give my best to Tom, I sincerely hope he comes out on top. I was trying to maintain a neutral attitude, but now I won't spend any more money with Tom's former employer.

Me too

Brandon Alsept
06-18-2007, 06:43 PM
i went through an appeal like this with a former employer and lost, still paying back the $3600 i had already received. they overturned it on the final appeal. good luck to tom.

danielle

beefcake
07-03-2007, 01:47 PM
any updates?

Goldenpony
07-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Hey Pops,
So how's YOUR unemployment (retirement) going? Kick back and enjoy a bit before going back, you deserve it. Give Tom my best.

Pops Fun
07-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Hey Pops,
So how's YOUR unemployment (retirement) going? Kick back and enjoy a bit before going back, you deserve it. Give Tom my best.

Jim,
They talked me into staying another month to cover a Blade out at PTO. Made a half way decent deal.... So the official date is August 1st now.

Steve

Pops Fun
07-04-2007, 08:24 PM
any updates?

No updates yet !! Tom is getting a CD of Paul's statements..

Blacksunshine
07-05-2007, 12:21 AM
Eeeeks Good luck Pops. I hope all works out in his favor!

NXcoupe
07-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Good luck to him! It's not like this comes out of the employers pocket directly, yeah, the unemployment percentage goes up a little, but it is hardly worth putting a person and their family through such heartache and trouble over 6 months worth of payments. geesh.

Pops Fun
07-05-2007, 11:37 AM
I agree. Paul has a hard on about unemployment and brags that no one has gotten unemployment he has let go. This will be a first. As an example of what he brought up in the meeting. He nodded at me and said that I was Tom's dad and had gotten parts at cost. Why would he say that, it has nothing to do with Tom's job loss and Paul new all about it, and even thanked me for helping him out and said I was a good for his business. Of course he didn't bring up the cash I paid him to do work and went in his pocket and the business didn't see.
If Tom wanted to burn him he would call the EPA about some of his practices.:D

Pops

NXcoupe
07-05-2007, 02:12 PM
My dad always said"take the higher road". Just because the employer is sinking to dirty deeds, don't sink to his level. You guys are being stand up about it, if you ask me.

Lexstang
07-07-2007, 10:44 PM
You and tom are 2 big reasons I got my tune at p's. Granted they support the predator and md doesn't or at least didn't at the time but I went because of the 2 of you.

Pops Fun
08-10-2007, 09:52 AM
Hi
The Drama continues... at the end of the month. Should be interesting, Maybe Tom will get a chance to talk. :lol:

Pops Fun
08-16-2007, 05:21 PM
Hi
Well it was put off for a while :confused: Supposed to be the 20th but was canceled.... To be continued.. It was going to be real interesting... Witnesses and everything :D

Mista Bone
08-16-2007, 11:46 PM
Former employer thinking he can pull something over someone from Krap Reed?

Pops Fun
09-07-2007, 12:09 PM
Hi
The drama will continue next Wed. Toms ex-employer has a hard heart indeed!! I feel sorry for his current employees not much to look forward too!!

Really appreciate the support on the board... Thanks

Steve

MrsAPE
09-07-2007, 05:13 PM
your welcome.
its what we do.
Kim

Pops Fun
09-07-2007, 07:24 PM
AHHHHHHHHHH!! Put off again!!!!

Steve

thejock60
09-07-2007, 11:10 PM
god i see what my wife has to look foward to, She filed 2 weeks ago although she quit, she did it because the employer refused to meet the Doctors orders. They felt if they moved her because she was pregnant and was unable to do the job would be showing favortism and would mean they would have to do it for every pregnant woman. She was in the hospital for 4 days suffering from dehydration and migrane headaches.

Pops Fun
10-01-2007, 08:15 AM
Hi
Well it is on again for the 10th. Maybe this time the Paul will let Tom get a few words in :lol: instead of hogging the whole session. I can't wait... should be interesting. :D Paul has a hard heart indeed.
PS Tom just wants it over!!

Steve

Pops Fun
10-06-2007, 07:30 AM
Hi
Paul I just want you to know I forgive you for what you did. I think it was a bad decision but it was yours to make.

Good luck

Steve

Silver Bullet
10-06-2007, 07:42 AM
No offense... but if you want to forgive him.... just send him a pm..... this post is dragging on just as the court case.....:rolleyes:

02mingryGT
10-06-2007, 09:36 AM
No offense... but if you want to forgive him.... just send him a pm..... this post is dragging on just as the court case.....:rolleyes:

Well I'm enjoying it...:lol:

firestang70
10-06-2007, 01:25 PM
No offense but, don't read the thread and you won't be bothered by it. Thoughts and prayers for your family Steve I am sure this hasn't been easy.

74 mach
10-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Steve, of your 2933 posts, this last one is your most ridiculous one yet, because if you were in my shoes you would have done exactly the same thing to your General Manager. Paul

mustang8998
10-07-2007, 12:22 AM
Steve, of your 2933 posts, this last one is your most ridiculous one yet, because if you were in my shoes you would have done exactly the same thing to your General Manager. Paul

I think you just won the most ridiculous post EVER!

Steve said he forgave you. Maybe he doesn't understand your decision, but for Christ sake. Lets see if you can kick him in balls again.

Agree, to disagree and get on with it!

Pops Fun
10-07-2007, 08:40 PM

Hi Paul,
Pretty arrogant statement. I would have done the same thing?? Do you really believe everyone thinks the same as you. Short sighted and arrogant!! Look where your business is today, that should answer that. Yes I would have fired a thief. Of course I would not have given the wifes friend (especially without checking previous employment) all my account access and would have known long before she stole over 100K from me. But that is just me. Actually Tom wasn't General Manager when this happen, he was running the restoration and another of your friends was General Manager.

I thought my previous post would end this but if you want to continue lets get it on!! :popcorn:

Yep you are a real people person :lol: Steve

PS As i said I think it was a bad decision!!

beefcake
10-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Hi Paul,
Pretty arrogant statement. I would have done the same thing?? Do you really believe everyone thinks the same as you. Short sighted and arrogant!! Look where your business is today, that should answer that. Yes I would have fired a thief. Of course I would not have given the wifes friend (especially without checking previous employment) all my account access and would have known long before she stole over 100K from me. But that is just me. Actually Tom wasn't General Manager when this happen, he was running the restoration and another of your friends was General Manager.

I thought my previous post would end this but if you want to continue lets get it on!! :popcorn:

Yep you are a real people person :lol: Steve

PS As i said I think it was a bad decision!!

guess i have to subscribe again lol

Pops Fun
10-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Hi
Had the meeting WED. lots of things said, (about 2.5 hours) in my mind Tom held his own but won't get the official word for 2 to 4 weeks. :) Happy this part is over.
I will say this... They said that my brother Roy was an embezzler because he worked on my truck after hours at Pauls about 10 years ago.. of course Paul knew about it. The lawyer asked him if he turned on the lights at pauls, then said that was similar to Embezzling from Paul. (of course it had nothing to do with the the case) :confused: .

Steve

MrsAPE
10-14-2007, 07:51 AM
WTF does your brother have to do with this?!
Grabbing for straws.
Hoping things turn out the right way!!
ps. thanks for keeping us posted. some of us like that. ;)

Goldenpony
10-14-2007, 10:48 PM
One might wonder how smart Paul actually is. Does he realize just how petty and small and mean spirited he comes across? Doesn't he know how many Mustang and Ford guys & gals read this web site? He ought to realize how many people really liked Tom. A smart business man would let this thing go away and quit fighting Tom's unemployment - which he has earned. Shame on you Paul. I know I have spent my last dollar at Paul's Automotive Engineering. :mad:

Black Hole
10-15-2007, 09:20 AM
Enough of this.....we're all adults here, so let's act it.

I don't know all of the details here and honestly I don't care. This isn't the place to be airing other people's dirty laundry just with negative intent.

If Tom wants to complain about his situation, then fine.....but I'm not going to allow the bandwagon to bash a site vendor any longer.

Tom/Steve, I do feel for your situation and I wish you both the best of luck.

Paul, I appologize for allowing this thread to continue for so long.