PDA

View Full Version : Burlington, Hebron or Point Pleasant

fastone
06-16-2007, 09:01 PM
If anyone lives in any fire district that is protected by one of these three fire depts above please read. For the rest, read if you would like, if not sorry you read this much. For those of those who live in one of the above fire districts if you have not heard, Hebron and Point Pleasant want to merge and want to include Burlington. This is still early, and they are doing "studies" to show that it is possible and cost effective. But let me inform you on somethings, the study will tell some interesting false facts. They also say the depts have bad management and such right now. I can speak for Burlington, we have great management and command staff. As for the others, if you live in their districts, I'm sorry. One interesting fact, there is 5 ambulances at this time protecting this area, they say the same area can be covered by ONLY TWO AMBULANCES.... keep in mind, they combined district area would make around 2500 ambulance runs at least a year. Do the math!!! Not possible, Burlington is the busiest of the three depts and on average, we have both ambulances out at least once a day on runs in the district!! So if you want more information, either read the KY post from 6-15 or the The Whistleblower from 6-15 and 6-16. Or you can PM me on here.... If you live in these districts this effects your safety a lot!!!!

Mista Bone
06-17-2007, 02:05 AM
yep, cutbacks/mergers look good on paper.............until someone dies because both squads are out on runs, no one left to cover close to base.

bcoh5gt
06-18-2007, 10:16 PM
That is just ignorant. There is still a lot of rural land in that area. It won't work I agree.