PDA

View Full Version : Applebees in Eastgate

mach_u
06-18-2007, 08:13 AM
We ended up there yesterday for Father's Day lunch with Rachel's dad. It was a horrible experience. Right of the bat our server Pam S. came out with attitude, everything we wanted brought a sigh from her. The food took forever to get out(soups, salads, pasta) and when it finally came out it was cold and messed up. We had to fight for refills on drinks also. The sad part is they weren't that busy - perhaps the staff was hung over? After working at Eastgate O'Charleys for the last 5 yrs I'm usually pretty understanding about food service but this was ridiculous. :mad:

Holly
06-18-2007, 09:26 AM
I am not a big fan of Applebees. But you get bad service every now and then, wherever you go, including O'Charleys. I have had bad service there a time or two. ;) I keep going back though, I can't stay away from their rolls! Same thing with Quaker Steak, their service always sucks, but I still love their food!

I like TGIF's new menu, you can now get smaller portions of stuff, which works out well for me, I eat like a bird any more. :lol:

BigBadStang
06-18-2007, 10:29 AM
we used to eat at Applebee's alot, but a year or so ago, they changed the entire menu, and it sucked and havent been back since.

REDHOTGTGIRL
06-18-2007, 11:47 AM
I understand you will get bad service now and again, I'm always one to go back and try again. (Believe it or not, I've had bad service at O'Charley's before, but it depends on the server). But this was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. It was very frustrating to try and do something nice for your dad and have a nice relaxing lunch, only to have it be very stressful. I love Applebee's Soup & Salad and 1/2 price appetizers, other than that I don't go there much. I'll probably go to the one Beechmont instead, there service seems to be better.

Bluecrew07
06-18-2007, 12:00 PM
havent been there for months cuz the last time we wer there we got sick and the service was horrible. i dont like them very much. everything that we ordered was wrong. They poo

mach_u
06-18-2007, 12:14 PM
I understand you will get bad service now and again, I'm always one to go back and try again. (Believe it or not, I've had bad service at O'Charley's before, but it depends on the server). But this was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. It was very frustrating to try and do something nice for your dad and have a nice relaxing lunch, only to have it be very stressful. I love Applebee's Soup & Salad and 1/2 price appetizers, other than that I don't go there much. I'll probably go to the one Beechmont instead, there service seems to be better.
Yeah I've always had good service at the one on Beechmont - I think I'll just go there from now on. :bigthumb

Paul408Notch
06-18-2007, 01:16 PM
I went to Applebee's about a year ago on a Sunday afternoon for half-price happy hour, and was informed that they no longer did the 4-7PM happy hours on weekends, just the 10-close. I've only been back once since. I kind of doubt they were losing money from that, it was just a way to squeeze more profit out. I've only been back once since.

Gene
06-18-2007, 04:32 PM
The only reason I used to go to Applebees was because they were non-smoking. Now that everywhere this side of the river is, I see no reason to go there anymore.

'92Stang
06-18-2007, 04:38 PM
That's the reason you spend $25.00 at Meijers. Go home, and fire up the grill. It should feed several adults, and children (including drinks). Grandma always said," The world went to pot, when people starting going to the bathroom indoors, and going out to eat".:lol: I tend to agree, my .02, Mike