PDA

View Full Version : Dry or Wet???

venomous_svt
06-20-2007, 11:19 AM
:lol: wow, now that you got your mind out of the gutter..What nitrous kit should I get for my cobra?

bobtsgt
06-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Wet all the way. makes more torque and you don't have to up your injectors since it has its own fuel supply. Plus a window switch, WOT switch, FP switch, purge and auto heater would make for a great safe kit. I have a NX wet kit for now that works awesome.

2-8-1
06-26-2007, 03:23 PM
NX wet kit, I wish everyday I hadnt sold mine, could put lengths on anything short of a Terminator.

black90lx
06-26-2007, 07:40 PM
i hate wet kits i had so many nitrous backfires from fuel puddling up. i would go with a dry kit, you dont have to up grade your fuel injectors on a dry kit unless running a huge shot, ask YOUGOTJUNK how much he sprayed on stock 19lb fuel injectors with a dry kit. i will never go back to a wet kit again... the hit with a dry kit is alot harder than with a wet kit.... WET KITS ARE JUNK

venomous_svt
06-26-2007, 08:38 PM
That is why I was curious cause I searched alot and I have seen pros and cons for each...the price difference is very little, but I just wanna get the right kit for the 4v....Most of the guys on svtperformance are sc/turbo'ed and you get blasted for almost any question you ask so I figured I try here where its safe..lol. I wanna procharger but that is gonna have to wait until next year most likely tax time, so nitrous is the quickest way to get to the numbers I want in the meantime without selling my kid..lol

black90lx
06-27-2007, 07:33 PM
if you get a wet kit watch your intake i have seen a few blow apart from nitrous backfires and fuel puddling up in them..... goodluck

cstreu1026
06-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Check on modular depot. I know there are some 4V nitrous guys over there.

bobtsgt
06-28-2007, 08:03 AM
as long as you have the right safety set up your intake will be alright.

cstreu1026
06-28-2007, 11:41 AM
I am not real familiar with the design of the 4V intakes but I know all the bend's in the 2V intakes make bigger wet kits a no no. The fuel falls out of suspension at the bottom of the intake when it tries to make the bend and ends up puddling in the intake until it goes bang. Seems like anything from 150HP and less is pretty safe.

venomous_svt
06-29-2007, 09:48 AM
After alot of searching it seems like wet kits have big troubles with IMRC plates causing puddling. You have to set a window switch to over 3200 rpms when the imrc plates open up...with 4.30's I shoot through 3200-redline in no time...it kinda seems like a waste. I couldnt find much about dry kits causing any similar problems. Unless someone else chimes in, i think that is the way im gonna go, cause the only time it will get used is at the track. I only want 50-75 shot to put me where I want to be (12.3-.7).... I really dont wanna drop a grand on abunch of stuff just to take it off when I get procharger next february, cause im already gonna have to change gears again when I do.

cstreu1026
06-29-2007, 11:28 AM
could just do it the easy way and get IMRC deletes and run what ever kit you want.

2-8-1
07-01-2007, 10:30 PM
if you get a wet kit watch your intake i have seen a few blow apart from nitrous backfires and fuel puddling up in them..... goodluck

I never had anything like that, but I also had a window switch at 3000.