PDA

View Full Version : Road trip to KC for PINKS!

craigels
06-20-2007, 07:43 PM
Looks like I will be hauling the race car out to Kansas City. I was wondering if I would have any company on the highway. Rough estimate is 9+ hours, 550-600 miles one way.

Is anyone else driving out? When are you leaving? From where? etc... It would be cool to put the truck and trailer in the middle of a convoy of Mustangs.

For those who are going, where are you staying? What nights? Does anyone have a room reserved that is not being used? And will the hotel be truck/trailer friendly?

Let's here your ideas, plans, etc.

Thanks

Craig

untamed
06-20-2007, 09:07 PM
I want to drive there. What is the date for sure? We didn't get a room yet but it looks like we need to be doing that real soon. We are in the eastgate area, so we need to figure out who all is driving and where would be the best place to meet up.

craigels
06-20-2007, 09:14 PM
I believe the date is Friday, august 10

Craig

PonymanfiveO
06-20-2007, 09:18 PM
Date of race is Aug 10th. its a Friday.
Id like to be out there by dinner time Thurs. (Aug 9th) at the latest so we can hang out with Kyle and his family some.

Kyle, if you dont mind, run around and get some info on hotels and some phone numbers for us. Jens family is talking about going out now too, so they will need a hotel room.

Suposedly, they are taping two shows Sat. too. Id like to stick around and watch them too, so we may not head back till late Sat. night or Sun. morning.

untamed
06-20-2007, 09:20 PM
I hope others post up about driving there but that skybus price is unbeatable. $25.00 each way. That is awesome. It would cost a whole lot more in gas that's for sure. I'm up for the drive though. Why not!

89notch
06-20-2007, 09:28 PM
The car has to be at KCIR 24 hours to taping so the producers know we are ready. I just found this out today

untamed
06-20-2007, 09:31 PM
So does this mean everyone would be leaving Wednesday night?

mailman
06-20-2007, 09:55 PM
If anyone wants to carpool, I could use some help on gas in the '67 :)

craigels
06-20-2007, 10:27 PM
The car has to be at KCIR 24 hours to taping so the producers know we are ready. I just found this out today

Good info to know! I guess if we taped Friday afternoon/eve, we need to be there Thursday afternoon/eve... which means we leave sometime way early on Thursday...

So for now I guess plan on taking off work Thursday-Sunday?

I need a hotel for two people for at least two nights.

Matt if you want to be there that early, and the car has to be there that early, you can ride with me if you want.

Craig

wht_stang
06-20-2007, 11:04 PM
we were thinkin about going but we'll probably camp out does anyone have info on what the track name is or a web site so i can find stuff close to it

FMGT1999
06-21-2007, 05:05 AM
There are a lot of cheap hotel/motels on the Blue Springs and Independence Mo. side of KC, but if you want to be in the clean and safe side of KC there are a lot of places in the Overland Park, Ks area where I am at. I am about 20 min's from the drag strip (KCIR). If anyone needs any info feel free to ask and I will see what I can do.

Kyle

dedpedal
06-21-2007, 07:57 AM
Im planning on going out in the PooRoo with Ms Amy. Im sure we can fit another person in the back seat if needed. We'll either be on the floor at Kyles or in a tent in the back yard.

PonymanfiveO
06-21-2007, 09:21 AM
... or in a tent in the back yard.

Oh shit.

This is gonna be one of those "jug" weekends isnt it.:eek:

"open the curtians so Kyle can see" :bigthumb

Holly
06-21-2007, 10:49 AM
Jennifer (Matt Johnson's girl) and I are flying out of Columbus Thursday evening, August 9, we will arrive in Kansas City around 10pm. I am staying with Kyle. :D Thanks Kyle!

Pops Fun
06-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Sounds interesting.... When are we leaving ?? The car has to be there when... early afternoon on the Thursday the 9th so it can be checked in?? http://www.kcir.net/~kcir/content/

Pops

craigels
06-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Using MapQuest for directions... it says 576 miles one way, 9 hours and 3 minutes directly to the track. This was just using "Cincinnati" as a starting place, no actual address.

If tha car needs to be at KCIR in the afternoon on Thursday, we need to leave no later than early Thursday morning. I am pretty sure I can get the truck, trailer, and car there in less time than MapQuest says... but I'll figure for 10-11 hours of road time. This will allow for fuel stops, food, stretching, etc.

Technically, we could leave at midnight and arrive in KC with enough time to check into our rooms before we head to the track to check in with PINKS.

I would like to roll with a caravan/convoy as to not be alone on the road in case something happens. I also think it would be cool to see a train of Mustangs running together all the way to KC.

I'll have mom use her AAA to get a TripTik for the best route and see what kind of construction we might be heading into.

I am really looking forward to this! I hope lots of people can go!

Craig

untamed
06-21-2007, 03:23 PM
They are probably an hour behind our time too. So we will get there faster. LOL

BADVERT
06-21-2007, 03:47 PM
Just wondering if we do win, and i'm sure that we will, is there someone else that is going that way with an empty trailer to bring the second car back??

Holly
06-21-2007, 03:54 PM
Just wondering if we do win, and i'm sure that we will, is there someone else that is going that way with an empty trailer to bring the second car back??

If not, I'm sure Kyle would let us keep it at his house until we can make arrangements to bring it home.

mailman
06-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Why trialer it?
I am sure there will be an extra guy around to drive it back :)

dedpedal
06-21-2007, 08:39 PM
Oh shit.

This is gonna be one of those "jug" weekends isnt it.:eek:

"open the curtians so Kyle can see" :bigthumb

It very well could be. We wont have Habib to aggrevate this trip tho:tongue2:

FMGT1999
06-21-2007, 10:29 PM
If not, I'm sure Kyle would let us keep it at his house until we can make arrangements to bring it home.

Yeah, you can keep it at the house until we can get it home. I also have a trailer and truck so I know I could get it at least 1/2 to maybe St. Louis, Mo. where some one else could meet us and we could swap out the car from one trailer to the other if need be. Either way I will leave that up to you all. Looking forward to having you all out this way for once and if there is anything you need please just ask and I will do what I can to help out.

Kyle

wht_stang
06-21-2007, 10:32 PM
we'd be down for a caravan probably and it's ally's birthday weekend so i promised her to go ride some horses and i thought that would be a perfect place for it and thats the only way i could get her to go

89notch
06-22-2007, 06:12 AM
we have an empty trailor going

PonymanfiveO
06-22-2007, 07:25 AM
.. if there is anything you need please just ask and I will do what I can to help out.

Kyle

How about a reservation for a table of 15 at the finest Mexican all-you-can-eat buffet.:bigthumb

dedpedal
06-22-2007, 07:36 AM
How about a reservation for a table of 15 at the finest Mexican all-you-can-eat buffet.:bigthumb
Let Matt explain a Dirty Sanchez to a 5 year old while youre there!

FMGT1999
06-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Matt,

I got ya covered bro... “El Beano Da Stinko” is just ready and waiting for your buffet pleasure.

PS: I am not going to be responsible for what happens to you all of you that have to ride with him the next day, I have heard the horror stories about it from Kev and Amy from the last time and how bad it was...:bigthumb

Kyle

PS: "Will someone open the curtains so I can see in"