PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my new Digital 7 series ignition my

PURESTREET5006
06-22-2007, 12:50 AM
just upgraded my MSD stuff from 6AL to the new Digital 7(7520) system and coil...Now here's my issue.

I installed my system per MSD, I ran all the needed grounds( Block,Ground strap, MSD shielded cable w/ ground cable....I can't get the engine to rev pass 5000 grand and stops like it's hitting the rev limiter and i have them set at 8300 rpms( high side) and the 2 step set at 7500 rpm( Low side):mad: Could the new box be bad?

Thanks

Sharad
06-22-2007, 09:29 AM
easy way to find out... swap boxes and test again! Surely one of your buddies has an msd you can borrow for an hour.

What are all of the parts grounded to? Roll bar is always good. Sometimes battery is better with finicky electronics.

What kind of distributor?

PURESTREET5006
06-22-2007, 09:38 AM
easy way to find out... swap boxes and test again! Surely one of your buddies has an msd you can borrow for an hour.

What are all of the parts grounded to? Roll bar is always good. Sometimes battery is better with finicky electronics.

What kind of distributor?

My grounds are: MSD wired directly to the battery post, Neg battery cable to the block, Ground strap from the intake to the fire wall, and the MSD sheilded cable with ground wire to a lug under the dash...All grounds showed 12.75 amps with the battery switch on ( CAR NOT RUNNING)

quik lx
06-22-2007, 09:58 AM
Did you call MSD yet? They always help me find out whats wrong...sometimes you have to put some jumpers in between certain contacts for youir specific application.

PURESTREET5006
06-24-2007, 10:01 AM
The box was bad.. I replaced it with a new one and it worker fine now. Another issue that i did see on the old box that the MSD came in was that it had been repackaged and resealed!! So this box was sent in before. I just returned it back to the speed shop where i work PT and got a new one.