PDA

View Full Version : Dayton Dragons baseball

Gene
06-22-2007, 01:18 AM
Just went to see the Dayton Dragons play the West Michigan Whitecaps tonight.

Fucking awesome! Fifth Third field is a great ballpark. Great views of the entire field. The stadium only seats about 9,000, so everywhere in the park is close to the field. We paid $7.50 for lawn seats and had a blast. Killer food,too...the "Walking Tacos" kick ass.

I plan on going to a few more games this season, way more fun that going to Great American to watch the Reds.

Maximus
06-22-2007, 01:24 AM
Arent they like the Florence freedom?

Gene
06-22-2007, 01:55 AM
Nope, they're part of the Cincinnati Reds Minor League system...Single A baseball.

The Florence Freedom is part of the Frontier League, and isn't associated with a Major League team.

The cool thing about Single A (or any other Minor League) is that some of these guys will probably be up in the majors in a few years.

95redstang
06-22-2007, 02:06 AM
Minor league baseball is the shit..You have guys that want to make the big money so they hustle their ass off. Until they get to the show, some make less than $2,000 a month. Damn good baseball to watch..
The Frontier league is an independent league with no affliiation with MLB. A lot of the kids who don't get drafted end up in that league. It's not uncommon to get a free agent contract playing in that league..

dedpedal
06-22-2007, 07:08 AM
I havent enjoyed a baseball game in years till i went to see the Freedom play. Affordable tickets decent grub and beer plus you dont need a telescope tosee the action. These guys are there to play the game, not collect a huge paycheck.
It seems that the ML players, teams and owners are out for money and nothing else these days. If you get the chance to see a game in these lower leagues, I say do it. You wont regret it.

Jeff88coupe
06-22-2007, 08:02 AM
Yep....maybe we organize a SBZ night at a florence freedom game....on a thirsty thursday game night even?

Gene
06-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Yep....maybe we organize a SBZ night at a florence freedom game....on a thirsty thursday game night even?

I'd be up for it.