PDA

View Full Version : '85 SSP Mustang Coupe

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Can't believe i'm typing this, but i'm considering selling my coupe. The reasons are a bit personal but suffice to say the money will be put towards something greater and better...

Anyways, i'm not looking to give this car away...i've invested well over 4k into it since getting it in November '03, and this car is the most precious material object i own. A lot of you have seen the car at the cruise ins so it's probably familiar to some of you.

The car is a 1985 Mustang Coupe, factory 5.0/5speed, former Kentucky State Patrol car, one of only 9 used in that year. The nose of the car is from either a '79 Pacecar Mustang or '82 Mustang GT (not sure which, but only used on those two years...very rare/hard to come by nose) with original Marchal fog lights. Has an '82 GT hood/scoop with factory stamped opening for extra engine/intake clearance.

The goodies:
Holly 650 double pumper carburetor w/mechanical secondaries/choke delete
Edelbrock Victor Jr. intake
MAC Full Length Headers
Dr. Gas offroad X pipe
Custom single chamber Flowmaster mufflers
Tremec 3550 five speed transmission
FRPP King Cobra clutch
FRPP billet flywheel
FRPP aluminum adj. quadrant
FRPP aluminum drive shaft
FRPP subframe connectors
FRPP A/C delete kit/short belt
K+N air filter (also have original duel snorkel breather)
Taylor Spiro-Pro 8mm sparkplug wires
Malory Unilite distributor
3G alternator
Optima Yellow Top battery
Eibach Pro Kit springs w/ Energy Suspension spring isolators
Energy Suspension anti-swaybar endlinks
Autometer tach/shift light
4.10 gears
Weld Drag Lites, great tires front and back
I've replaced the starter and power steering in '05
Brand new FRPP lifters (not even 500 miles on'em)
E7 heads with a light port work (also fresh head gaskets...just did this swap about a month or so ago)
Dry weight without driver = 2830lbs

This car drives excellent and is just about DD worthy except for the not so great gas mileage. The body is in great shape but needs a little work here and there, nothing serious except the doors and just a paint job. The interior is in pretty good shape for an '85, no rips or burns in the seats but it needs new carpet and a dash pad. The worst part about the car is it needs doors really bad, i have some '87+ doors but haven't put them on yet. Overall this car has insane potential, i just haven't gotten that far with it yet and it's breaking my heart to even type this...

SO...make me an offer. I can't even fathom a price, but PLEASE don't PM me with a lowball price because i will ignore you. As i mentioned before i'm not giving it away and i'm not hard up for the money, but i could put the cash towards something else if i get what i'd like to get out of it. Sorry, no trades whatsoever, gotta have cash. As for pics, you can see pretty much the whole show on my cardomain site, here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/626821 but i have about 500 pics of the car that i've taken over the years if you need to see more. I work all weekend but i'm off Tuesday and Wednesday if anyone local would like to see it in person. NO joy rides, serious inquiries only.

Gearhead
06-24-2007, 07:32 PM
If you're serious about selling it, you might want to try posting on sspmustang.org. They might give you some grief about the mods, but that's a very rare SSP that someone might want to restore.

The SSP prices have been skyrocketing over the last couple years....

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-25-2007, 08:52 AM
Well that was quick....the whole idea behind selling the car fell through so fortunately for me it's not for sale now :D

Sorry to anyone who was interested.

Oh and as for those SSP guys...i've had my ass ripped by them on several occasions. Ya know, you can't please everyone, and making myself happy with my own car is first priority ya know? Besides, the car was way beyond factory stock when i got it and had no SSP equipment left.

Thanks again to anyone interested. Please delete :D