PDA

View Full Version : You all should see this rug

DeckerEnt
06-26-2007, 12:44 AM
You all should see this rug I have in my shop for cleaning. It is a 100% wool, beige border and mauve center with multi colored squares. It is 9X12. The thing you should see is when I turn the shop lights off and turn on my UV light and put on my yellow glasses. All the dog piss stands out like a sore thumb. It is amazing what we put up with to have pets. I see this every day. The damage, the smell, terrible. And yes I have pets in my own home. 1 dog, 2 cats, and 3 kids. All make a mess of the place and yes I clean my own carpet probably every other month. Gotta keep it clean.
The prespray I put on has had enough dwell time so time to flush it, hang it and go home.
Keith

PonymanfiveO
06-26-2007, 07:38 AM
sure its not human fluids?

ewww.

dedpedal
06-26-2007, 08:02 AM
sure its not human fluids?

ewww.
Thats why he hasnt cleaned the area rugs here....

stangman_5
06-26-2007, 12:55 PM
I cant believe that someone would even let their pets on wool carpet, being in the carpet business I know that wool carpet is EXPENSIVE.

DeckerEnt
06-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Yep. And it is worth it to maintain the investment of wool area rugs.
Keith

RIXXX93GT
06-26-2007, 09:42 PM
On this note, I have read of carpet cleaning places claiming to be able to eleminate pet odors including urine. I was under the impression that once its dried in the pad and carpet its there for good...whats the truth?

stangman_5
06-26-2007, 09:54 PM
On this note, I have read of carpet cleaning places claiming to be able to eleminate pet odors including urine. I was under the impression that once its dried in the pad and carpet its there for good...whats the truth?

The stains are there for good but when cleaning fluids soak into the rug and then cleaned, the odors are eliminated, on the carpet anyway the pad holds its smell. I have taken up old carpet that looked fine and did not smell but the pad forever holds the stink.

PaulFiveOh
06-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Invest in OdorBanII pad or Equiv, its a 1/2'' pad with a moisture barrior on it.

What do you in the flooring industry stangman_5?
I sell and manage a flooring department at Lowes

DeckerEnt
06-26-2007, 11:16 PM
Yes that pad helps but it is not a cure. Getting rid of the pet is a cure. To completely remove odor from a carpet from dog or cat urine, First you must remove the source of the odor. Pull the carpet from the room and have it cleaned front and back with a good quality urine specific prespray and hot water extraction. While the carpet is out, remove the pad. Pitch it. Now you have to deal with the sub floor. Mop with your favorite cleaning product as long as it is a 10% solution of chlorine bleach and water. Drythe floor. Now mop it again to remove the bleach. Dry the floor. Mop one more time with plain hot water and dry. Now that the urine is out of the subfloor, seal it. Take a water sealer like thompsons or a paint sealer like kills or Bin and seal the subfloor. When that dries, install new pad and reinstall the carpet.
This is expensive and usually only done in homes where people have problems withselling or renting due to the odor. Expensive to me would be 300-500 per room.
Keith

PaulFiveOh
06-26-2007, 11:28 PM
Keith,

In your opinion, what is the best consumer availble product to remove common house hold stains out of saxony and berber carpet?

stangman_5
06-26-2007, 11:58 PM
Invest in OdorBanII pad or Equiv, its a 1/2'' pad with a moisture barrior on it.

What do you in the flooring industry stangman_5?
I sell and manage a flooring department at Lowes

That pad does actually work well i hear but i dont really know lol. To answer your question Paul I have been working at united carpet outlet on 125 as an installer for a little over 3 years now. Also :bigthumb for Lowes I love that place.

DeckerEnt
06-27-2007, 01:23 AM
Keith,

In your opinion, what is the best consumer availble product to remove common house hold stains out of saxony and berber carpet?

Everyone should take note of this. I am going to give out a solution that works on a wide variety of spots on any carpet so write this down. My father and myself have been referring this to our customers for 25-30 years. It works.
Get your self a 1 quart bottle with a good trigger sprayer on it. Put 1/4 teaspoon powdered Cascade dish washing detergent in the 1 quart bottle. Fill with hot water. The cascade will not dissolve in cold water so fill it with HOT water. Place this container under your sink or where ever and get it out when you want to get a spot out of your carpet. You do not have to mix it up every time. The hot water will dissolve the cascade but it will not fall out of suspention.
Cascade is a wide use detergent that will tremove many common household spots from carpet and upholstery.
Simply apply to the spot and blot with a dry towel.
Keith

Maximus
06-27-2007, 01:32 AM
Blah blah...When drinking, GO OUTSIDE TO PEE!!

That is all:HYF:

DeckerEnt
06-27-2007, 01:40 AM
That works too..
Keith

stangman_5
06-27-2007, 11:29 AM
My boss always uses windex and it seems to work really well.

Stangman
06-27-2007, 01:03 PM
My boss always uses windex and it seems to work really well.

works ok for dog puke...

stangman_5
06-27-2007, 03:05 PM
works ok for dog puke...

Yeah your dad always says that windex is one of the best things to use for stains like that.

DeckerEnt
06-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Oh NOOOOOOOOO!!! Don't use windex on carpet . Unless the carpet is blue. Windex contains amonia which has a pH of about 14. Pretty strong. Add the blue dye in the windex and you are now spot dying the carpet.
Keith

stangman_5
06-27-2007, 07:18 PM
Oh NOOOOOOOOO!!! Don't use windex on carpet . Unless the carpet is blue. Windex contains amonia which has a pH of about 14. Pretty strong. Add the blue dye in the windex and you are now spot dying the carpet.
Keith

Huh thats wierd i have used windex on white carpet to get stains off a rug that we put down one day and it didnt dye it, However it may dye in time but no one has never called and complained and we use it all the time, and we guarentee for three years.

dedpedal
06-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Ive had windex stain a carpet before. I dropped the bottle off the ladder from about 12 feet up and it exploded on the floor. By the time I got it soaked up, it had set in places. Accidents happen, thats why one of my best friends is a carpet muncher errr cleaner.

stangman_5
06-27-2007, 09:30 PM
The only thing we use windex for is little stuff, and we clean it as soon as it happens. Usually we take a scrap piece of carpet and just put a little on it and scrub maybe thats why it dont stain :dunno:

DeckerEnt
06-27-2007, 09:36 PM
Mix up a bottle of the cascade and water and put it on your truck. It is cheaper than windex and does as good or better of a job.
Keith

stangman_5
06-28-2007, 09:17 AM
Thanks i will keep that in mind.

RIXXX93GT
06-28-2007, 02:02 PM
How expensive is this odor blocking pad?

stroked4eyes
06-28-2007, 02:03 PM
I thought at first this was going to have to have a NWS tag on it but I found to my disappointment that it does not need one :(

stangman_5
06-28-2007, 04:07 PM
How expensive is this odor blocking pad?

At united it is not that expensive it is but it isn't it is only a few dollars more for a roll I could get it kind of cheap let me know if u need some.

Stangman
06-29-2007, 10:39 AM
I thought at first this was going to have to have a NWS tag on it but I found to my disappointment that it does not need one :(

yeah.... me too:( :lol:

stangman_5
06-29-2007, 01:41 PM
:nono: Now jessie u should know better than to expect nasty things like that just just get dissapointed :lol: .