PDA

View Full Version : dashboard repair????

venomous_svt
06-26-2007, 04:57 PM
Does anyone know how or could point me in the right direction to repair my dashboard...it has a couple cracks right below the passenger side air bag...IDK HTW they got there...previous owner? But I'm tired of looking at them. I have heard of vinyl repair kits...anyone used one or know where to buy one?

stangman_5
06-26-2007, 06:33 PM
They used those repair kits on school bus seats, the colors match alright but they look kind of wierd (but so was the bus driver) dont know where to get them though. Good luck,

Stangman
06-26-2007, 11:58 PM
Chris, if I remember correctly... you caused a lot of those holes in the bus seat... :lol:

As for the repair kits, you can pick them up at a Pep Boys or Autozone, i know we had them when i worked for pep boys a year ago... Permatex makes them... but im sure there are other brands out there... good luck to ya, cracked dashes look like hell...

glassman
06-28-2007, 12:49 PM
You can call a vinal repair guy and they can fix them. They will fill in the crack and spray some color match dye over the area.
I have used these guys in the past with perfect results. They may cost more than some kit but its your dash and who wants to see some crappy repair you may as well leave it alone (if you can see it).
call East west dyes I have used them and they will come to you.
East west dye 513-235-5155

venomous_svt
06-28-2007, 02:28 PM
Thanks alot, ill hit them up...im just try to unfuck everything that the previous owner did to the car.