PDA

View Full Version : SKYBUS....

VuNiT3
06-27-2007, 01:58 PM
:eek: Has anyone seen what the friggin Skybus looks like?? It looks like fu@#&* Austin Powers' jet! I'm gonna need some Valiums and a lot of liquor. Jesus Jehovah God Almighty!!

89notch
06-27-2007, 01:59 PM
They dont all look like that only a few of them. I assume you are talking about the triple decker thing.

VuNiT3
06-27-2007, 02:03 PM
I just saw the one that is burnt orange and has big bubble letters saying "skybus". LOL I was not prepared for that.

http://ask.skybus.com/images/SkyBus/plane_sb.jpg

Paul408Notch
06-27-2007, 02:14 PM
What's skybus? A plane?

VuNiT3
06-27-2007, 02:16 PM
Skybus is what Holly and I are flying out to Kansas City on. I believe Tim and Jaylynn are also on that flight.

KenB
06-27-2007, 02:36 PM
http://www.liladesign.com/liladesign/airlinebranding/airlinebrandingweblog/files/page42_blog_entry7_2.jpg

FireStang02
06-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Who cares what it looks like...you can't beat the prices.

VuNiT3
06-27-2007, 02:46 PM

It's the fact of getting what you pay for that I'm worried about. I'm not really into being on the news for a plane crash quite yet. I'm already scared to death to fly, and seeing how god damn goofy this plane looks doesn't exactly help my phobia.

OrangeStang04
06-27-2007, 03:16 PM
It's the fact of getting what you pay for that I'm worried about. I'm not really into being on the news for a plane crash quite yet. I'm already scared to death to fly, and seeing how god damn goofy this plane looks doesn't exactly help my phobia.

Just Have matt by you a pint of Vodka... take a few shots (like 10) and you'll be good to go on the plane... hell ya just might enjoy yourself!!

Gene
06-27-2007, 03:27 PM

Yeah, you don't want to know how low the pilots are paid and how little flight time most of the crews have.

I think the paint scheme looks cool, personally. I'm just not willing to fly on a scab airline or on an Airbus.

I'll gladly pay the premium to fly on an ALPA airline and on a Boeing or Canadair.

orangedemon331
06-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Throw some D's on it!!! (Soul Plane):lol:

Smokn SS
06-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Makes me think of Ron White-

I'm sure it will take you all the way to the scene of the crash. I bet you'll even beat the ambulance.

dedpedal
06-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Makes me think of Ron White-

I'm sure it will take you all the way to the scene of the crash. I bet you'll even beat the ambulance.

[chinese accent] you funny![chinese accent off] Ive seen some of the things youve flown on first hand and thats all I could think about while in flight.
When the pilot is arranging passengers according to weight, you gotta wonder....

bcoh5gt
06-27-2007, 09:06 PM
Drop some acid.

7721Cobra
06-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Me and Moontang will be thinking about ya, while we fly to Kansas on a real airline. Don't forget you get what you pay for.

aangel
06-28-2007, 12:32 AM
I just saw the one that is burnt orange and has big bubble letters saying "skybus". LOL I was not prepared for that.

http://ask.skybus.com/images/SkyBus/plane_sb.jpg

That's a fake photo, right?

:lol:

What in the living hell is that thing? That must be a joke!

I WOULD NEVER BOARD THAT THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's the frig'n pilot, Cheech or Chong? :lol:

aangel
06-28-2007, 12:52 AM

Yes, life has taught me that you do get what you pay for... Whatever deal you got on those "SKYBUS" tickets, I'm sure you could have got one hell of a sweet rental... I'd be drive'n my phat azz there b/f I boarded that thing...???
Maybe it's perfectly safe, maybe not...

I love to fly... If you like the rush of beating a mustang, you'll like the rush of taking off, it's the best damned part of flying and landing is more of a "scare the shit right out of you" rush. I love it, it's a thrill. However, the actual flying part tends to suck for me b/c I get motion sickness. Hitting turbulence is cool too! Now that there is a f'n rush! It's kind of like that feeling you get when you're falling asleep in bed and you jerk real quick and wake up... Or like the drop zone at King's Island... :bigthumb

I would suggest NOT drinking alcohol, at that altitude your body is already going through physiological changes in electrolytes, metabolites, etc. The alcohol could make things worse for you if you're already nervous and nautious. Last thing you want to do is throw up on a plane, get dehydrated, blah blah blah .... BAD SCENE... getting drunk before or during flying is not a good idea. a drink or two, yeah... a drink or two with valium or other narcotics, :nono: A valium, sure why not...so long as it's prescribed to you ;) Don't mix 'em...especially while flying.

~Angel
BSN Student Nurse... I love my new profession...

DeckerEnt
06-28-2007, 12:54 AM
Cheech is still doing movies with Antonio. Chong is flying but he has to make a quick stop over in columbia.
Keith

95redstang
06-28-2007, 02:19 AM
It looks like a damn hippie bus...Who cares what color it is just as long as it gets you there and back..

Black Horse
06-28-2007, 07:05 AM
Actually I think Scooby Doo might be your Pilot!

dedpedal
06-28-2007, 07:13 AM
I overheard somewhere that the flight is like a seminar to buy stuff. The flight attendants give speeches on products and try to sell to the passengers. Nothing like a captive audience eh?

02mingryGT
06-28-2007, 07:24 AM
Actually I think Scooby Doo might be your Pilot!

:Owned: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the laugh I needed it.

aangel
06-29-2007, 12:36 AM
Cheech is still doing movies with Antonio. Chong is flying but he has to make a quick stop over in columbia.
Keith

:lol: :lol: :lol:

aangel
06-29-2007, 12:38 AM
It looks like a damn hippie bus...Who cares what color it is just as long as it gets you there and back..

:lol:

Exactly. I just would not feel safe on something that looks so damned gawdy.

But if Holly is okay with flying in that thing, then I'd be right by her side... ;)

Holly
07-01-2007, 08:29 PM

It's looks just like the plane I just flew down to Orlando and back on, except it's orange. And I have to say, that was the SCARIEST Delta flight I have EVER been on in my life coming home yesterday. A few clouds in the skies, no storms, and that thing fell out of the sky, I swear everybody on the plane gasped. The chick next to me was freaking out (along with me), I popped a valium without anything to drink, that's how scared I was. That plane was shaking almost the whole way home. I'm pretty sure he was a new pilot (got a look at him on the way out).

It doesn't friggen matter what brand name plane you ride on, which route you take to work, what you eat or whether you smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day, when it's your time to go, it's your time to go, you have NO control over that, take it from me. ;)

aangel
07-01-2007, 08:55 PM
It doesn't friggen matter what brand name plane you ride on, which route you take to work, what you eat or whether you smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day, when it's your time to go, it's your time to go, you have NO control over that, take it from me. ;)

:(

:)

PonymanfiveO
07-02-2007, 03:29 AM
It's looks just like the plane I just flew down to Orlando and back on, except it's orange. And I have to say, that was the SCARIEST Delta flight I have EVER been on in my life coming home yesterday. A few clouds in the skies, no storms, and that thing fell out of the sky, I swear everybody on the plane gasped. The chick next to me was freaking out (along with me), I popped a valium without anything to drink, that's how scared I was. That plane was shaking almost the whole way home. I'm pretty sure he was a new pilot (got a look at him on the way out).

Your gonna scare the shit outa Jen.
Shes gonna need one of them Valiums I can see it now.

On a tangent, how was your cruise?

craigels
07-02-2007, 10:59 AM
I think they paint it orange so they can find it easier when it crashes into a cornfield or wooded area....

Craig

Holly
07-02-2007, 11:06 AM
I think they paint it orange so they can find it easier when it crashes into a cornfield or wooded area....

Craig

Yeah okay, you guys have fun with your nine hour drive, while we have an hour and a half flight.

:tongue2:

I just got back from vacation and heard of about 10 wrecks locally, I didn't hear about any plane crashes though.

BigBadStang
07-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Drop some acid.

man what a ride that would be!!

sequence of events...
arrive at airport.
drop a hit of 'cid.
get on plane.
'cid starts to take effect...
feeling the "speed" part of the buzz...life is cool!
plane takes off.
while in flight, you start tripping.
you look out the window and see gremlins on the wing.
you start freaking out.
flight attendants start yelling at you.
you are still freaking out, but worse now.
passengers tackle and beat the fuck out of you.
your still freaking out.
passengers tie you to your seat.
your still freaking out.
plane lands.
your still freaking out.
federal officers board the plane.
now your flipping the fuck out.
federal agents taze the shit out of you.
your still flipping the fuck out.
federal agents mace you, taze you again, then gang tackle and hog tie you.
your still flipping out, but cant do anything but ramble incoherantly.
federal agents throw you in the tank.
you are alone and tripping your balls off seeing all kinds of crazy shit.
'cid starts to wear off.
federal agents interrogate you for 48 hours.
federal agents release you to the local authorities, and put on the no fly list!

craigels
07-02-2007, 12:13 PM
Yeah okay, you guys have fun with your nine hour drive, while we have an hour and a half flight.

I just got back from vacation and heard of about 10 wrecks locally, I didn't hear about any plane crashes though.

It's all in good fun Holly! I'm sure if it were a bad airline, they would no longer be in business. The funky colors are probably for this very reason - to get people to talk about it and get the name out... well it works!

Plus, I have to drive 9 hours because I am taking the car out there... so lets hope for no wrecks!

Craig

PonymanfiveO
07-02-2007, 12:21 PM

I think its more like 12hours for us and under an hour for you quys.:flipoff:

aangel
07-02-2007, 02:17 PM

Yep, your chances of dying in a car crash are much higher than dying in a plane crash. BTW, just curious, how much for the Airbus round trip tix?

Looking forward to hearing about your cruise! ;)

Holly
07-02-2007, 02:45 PM
BTW, just curious, how much for the Airbus round trip tix?

Looking forward to hearing about your cruise! ;)

$100, including taxes and everything (ROUNDTRIP).

You will have to stop by Angel, I have TONS of pictures, some professionally done (with mom and Jules).

I will post about my cruise adventure with pictures when I get time! Playing catch up at work today!

aangel
07-02-2007, 02:50 PM
$100, including taxes and everything (ROUNDTRIP).
Playing catch up at work today!

:bigthumb DAM! Can't beat a 100 bones! Pop a few Vs and I wouldn't give a crap if it was painted like a rainbow! Who owns Skybus? Where are they based? Do they fly to Vegas? :coo1:

Any going-ons in NR for the 4th? Maybe I'll bring me and the kiddies over for a short visit before catching the fireworks (if they have them this year). Last year we pulled into Moscow right before dark and copped a squat right on the corner of 52 and some side street and it was an f'ng awesome spot! Fireworks were great! :D

I'm sure you're slammed at work! Looking forward to catching up with ya!

:angel:

bcoh5gt
07-02-2007, 06:15 PM
man what a ride that would be!!

sequence of events...
arrive at airport.
drop a hit of 'cid.
get on plane.
'cid starts to take effect...
feeling the "speed" part of the buzz...life is cool!
plane takes off.
while in flight, you start tripping.
you look out the window and see gremlins on the wing.
you start freaking out.
flight attendants start yelling at you.
you are still freaking out, but worse now.
passengers tackle and beat the fuck out of you.
your still freaking out.
passengers tie you to your seat.
your still freaking out.
plane lands.
your still freaking out.
federal officers board the plane.
now your flipping the fuck out.
federal agents taze the shit out of you.
your still flipping the fuck out.
federal agents mace you, taze you again, then gang tackle and hog tie you.
your still flipping out, but cant do anything but ramble incoherantly.
federal agents throw you in the tank.
you are alone and tripping your balls off seeing all kinds of crazy shit.
'cid starts to wear off.
federal agents interrogate you for 48 hours.
federal agents release you to the local authorities, and put on the no fly list!

That is awesome:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gene
07-02-2007, 10:19 PM
It's all in good fun Holly! I'm sure if it were a bad airline, they would no longer be in business. The funky colors are probably for this very reason - to get people to talk about it and get the name out... well it works!

Skybus is a brand new airline. They just started flying the end of May. :bigthumb

So the jury is still out on whether they're a good airline or bad. ;)

aangel
07-03-2007, 01:16 AM
Last time I flew it was Northwest... Cinci to Minneapolis, to San Francisco. I'm just too paranoid while in the air. I find myself checking out every single person... and honestly "profiling" them. I don't mind flying and I love taking off and landing, but people freak me out. The world is so screwed up! Crazy nut jobs everywhere!

MADMOD
07-03-2007, 08:37 AM
That is awesome:lol: :lol: :lol:

:wstupid: LMAO....I about fell out of my chair!!!:lol: :bigthumb