PDA

View Full Version : 00 S281 SC A/C problem

ATimpe
06-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Today I had a 00 Saleen at work with an a/c problem. I pulled it in to check the refrigerant pressures and they are ok. So I pulled up a schematic to start checking all the electrical component. The low side cycling switch is good, and the high side switch is also working. The next component I went to go check was the a/c relay which is incorporated in the constant control relay module(which is behind the passenger fender). Well I decided to move on and leave that for later. I hooked up my scan tool to see if it was getting a a/c signal. Then I noticed that the WOT a/c cutout was activated. The pcm thinks its under full throttle and wont let the a/c turn. I also checked the tps sensor and it is also good. So my question is if any one else has had or seen this problem. The car only has 20K on it and I cant imagine it could have a faulty pcm. So any help or hints would be appreciated! Thanks, Adam

quik lx
06-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Anyway you could post up the schematic for me to see? The PCM sees WOT from the TPS soooo.... If the TPS is good and the wires between them are good, then the PCM is gotta have a problem. I would change the TPS sensor first. It's cheap and easy...make sure to set it up right for voltage. Joe

ATimpe
06-28-2007, 08:58 PM
I didnt have time to go real deep into it. The customer was waiting around and had limited time. I checked the tps at idle, it showed .94V and then again at WOT it was around 4V (dont remember exactly). The other thing I was wondering was do they use a factory pcm or a SALEEN unit. I can get a schematic from alldatapro online but dont know how to post it up.

quik lx
06-28-2007, 09:31 PM
TPS voltage looks good, I would check the wire between the PCM and the TPS sensor, if thats good...you need to have the PCM checked out.

bobtsgt
06-28-2007, 09:45 PM
just as Joe said. If the TPS checks out then the computer is sending the wrong signal for some reason. You can call up Saleen's home office tomorrow and find out if they swap computers or just simply flash or chip them.

ATimpe
06-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Thanks guys. Will have to call saleen and check the wires.