PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Mania

cstreu1026
06-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Its no secret that I am a big supported of Apple Computers but I just don't get it. Why in the world are people willing to wait in lines for days just to get a damn cell phone. Hell I see them listed on Ebay for $1500 and they don't even have them in hand yet. I really don't understand people's obsession with having the lastest phone on the market even when they don't cost $500-600. Just give me a phone that stores numbers and dials.

Gene
06-29-2007, 04:14 PM
It's Mac Fanbois running amok. :D

I'll admit, the iPhone is pretty cool. If/when they become available on T-Mobile, I'll probably buy one. AT&T has a 2 year exclusive deal, so my BlackBerry Pearl will be about due for replacement when the iPhones become available everywhere.

cstreu1026
06-29-2007, 06:21 PM
I'll get one when they are $100 or less or my company buys me one (fat chance).

dedpedal
06-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Theres allways the lemming factor. "I gotta have one first so I can brag to my low rent friends that cant afford one." Its usualy the low rent friends who stand in line to get the first ones and sell them to the lemmings for a huge profit.
FUCK STUPID PEOPLE!

IWRBB
06-29-2007, 10:19 PM
It is pretty sweet, but from what I've seen they say the internet is slow since AT&T's bandwidth sucks. It'll switch to wifi if it can find it though.

I can wait a few years, there will be plenty of competion by then. Apple just raised the bar on what a phone can do. The prices will drop once other companies develop similar products.

dedpedal
06-29-2007, 11:31 PM
I really dont ned to be THAT plugged in.

Mista Bone
06-30-2007, 12:21 AM
but you can watch youtube videos........

wonder if it get redtube videos :)

mustangboy
06-30-2007, 12:29 AM
I just hope that they will keep the simple basic phones around. Like Cameron said I just want a phone that keeps my#'s and makes/recieves calls. I don't need it to be a computer, ipod, camera, fax machine, coffee maker or whatever else they start making them do. I like my cheap ass simple phone.

Paul408Notch
06-30-2007, 12:43 AM
I LOVE gadgets, and the iPhone is totally my kind of thing, but there are still a few things making it an unlikely candidate for me.

A: It's Cingular, and their data service is crap. Having a million iPhone users probably isn't going to speed things up any either.
B: If I'm going to replace my iPod with it, it needs to be bigger than 8 gigs.
C: Not sure if I could really deal with not having an actual keyboard. I might be able to get used to the virtual thing, but who knows.
D: It's $600. Fuck that.
E: It's Cingular, and their data service is crap.

I really like the Treo I have now, and will probably stick with Sprint and Palm, but they better add some damn wi-fi and a bigger screen to the treo, or I may consider the next-gen iPhone instead.

PonymanfiveO
06-30-2007, 06:51 AM
I LOVE gadgets, and the iPhone is totally my kind of thing, but there are still a few things making it an unlikely candidate for me.

A: It's Cingular, and their data service is crap. Having a million iPhone users probably isn't going to speed things up any either.
B: If I'm going to replace my iPod with it, it needs to be bigger than 8 gigs.
C: Not sure if I could really deal with not having an actual keyboard. I might be able to get used to the virtual thing, but who knows.
D: It's $600. Fuck that.
E: It's Cingular, and their data service is crap.

another thing is that its Cingular...and their data service is crap. ;)