PDA

View Full Version : T5 trans issues?

5.0calypso93lx
07-01-2007, 02:26 PM
I'm starting to have a couple issues with my trans. Its a stock rebuilt t5 with a hurst short shifter. I'm 99% sure its adjusted right with the cable, firewall adjuster, and quadrant(UPR, middle hook).

The clutch probably starts to engage when I have the pedal about half way out which is where I like it.

When I first go out and start the car up and drive it around its fine. But, after I beat on the car a little bit, the trans gets really tough to get in gear. It just seems wayyy too notchy for a t5.

It also seems that everytime I adjust the firewall adjuster, I turn it counter clockwise, and the pedal lets out slightly higher with each click, and I trans will feel much better for a couple minutes, but will stiffen up going into gear again???

Could it be the hurst short shifter? I ran Atimpe's 00 gt once and he has a t45 with a steeda tri ax, and that thing shifts like butter. I was under the impression that the t5's and t45's were a very similar trans and had the same feel to them.

5.0calypso93lx
07-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Another thing I just thought of that seemed strange to me, was that when brandon was helping topping off my trans fluid yesterday, when he loosed up the top fill plug, the trans we full, but the fluid came out green??? I am 100% positive I put redline trans fluid in the trans and I'm pretty sure its red. I had a coolant leak issue before, could coolant somehow have gotten in the trans????

347sc
07-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Unless you put coolant in it there is no way possible for it to leak in the tranny

5.0calypso93lx
07-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Unless you put coolant in it there is no way possible for it to leak in the tranny

Ok, I'm positive I didn't put coolant in there, lol. I wonder why it was green then?

fst 5pto
07-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Another thing I just thought of that seemed strange to me, was that when brandon was helping topping off my trans fluid yesterday, when he loosed up the top fill plug, the trans we full, but the fluid came out green??? I am 100% positive I put redline trans fluid in the trans and I'm pretty sure its red. I had a coolant leak issue before, could coolant somehow have gotten in the trans????

Lol sorry off topic but I can barely understand what you are saying here... and Im the one from Hamiltucky :lol:

5.0calypso93lx
07-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Lol sorry off topic but I can barely understand what you are saying here... and Im the one from Hamiltucky :lol:

I can't type....

Another thing I just thought of that seemed strange to me, was that when brandon was helping topping off my trans fluid yesterday, when he loosened up the top fill plug, the trans was full, but the fluid came out green??? I am 100% positive I put redline trans fluid in the trans and I'm pretty sure its red. I had a coolant leak issue before, could coolant somehow have gotten in the trans????

Mista Bone
07-01-2007, 07:40 PM
damn green tranny fluid gremlins!!!!!

Do Mustangs have issues with the clutch damper springs popping out?

5.0calypso93lx
07-01-2007, 07:49 PM
damn green tranny fluid gremlins!!!!!

Do Mustangs have issues with the clutch damper springs popping out?

I can't tell if you're serious about the green tranny fluid?

Mista Bone
07-01-2007, 11:43 PM
not serious about the fluid, but very serious about the clutch issue.

The springs come loose, start dragging on the pressure plate, not allowing full disengagement. Very common on DOHC Hondas.

http://hondatwincam.com/clutch_2005-06-20/oem_fail_01.jpg

http://hondatwincam.com/clutch_2005-06-20/exedy_fail_00.jpg

http://hondatwincam.com/clutch_2005-06-20/DSC05373.JPG

1_slo_92
07-02-2007, 12:03 AM
not serious about the fluid, but very serious about the clutch issue.

The springs come loose, start dragging on the pressure plate, not allowing full disengagement. Very common on DOHC Hondas.

If this were what was going on I think it would do it all the time. Not just after driving for a little bit or beating on it.